You know you're Moroccan when..

hahaha it was clear when i read the first explanation
that’s definitely how i am and most of my family in casa lol :slight_smile:

you know you’re moroccan if you’re a girl, you’ve been harassed by random guys who would not stop at just staring. You heard them call you zzin, manshoufoush? or Ghzala tbarkellah, wakha ntkellem m3ak?

^ happens to me all the time when i visit there :stuck_out_tongue: those dudes need to get a life. haha

hahaaa join in and help us get the male specie extinct :stuck_out_tongue:

lol well not all of them, some are actually decent

i don’t see many guys like that here in america
then again, if you don’t look suggestive, they wont go after you

no matter how true that is, covered girls can also be victims of that stuff, not as much though… depends on the preference of the dude :hm:

true, but most guys like a lot of skin…i never get anything from guys here in america
i wear jeans and none revealing shirts, not short shorts and tight v-necked t’s that show everything

boys will be boys :stuck_out_tongue:

good girl :wink: lol

ahaaa boys will be boys :roll: gotta learn how to discipline them :stuck_out_tongue:

ur lucky mimi :cry: lets swap ill give u the men here and u give me the decent ones there, the ones here have no shame wallah :no:

@ mini: there are very few decent ones mini, the only difference between the ones here and the ones there is that the ones here know when to keep there mouth shut and the ones there have no adab :hm:

^ if that’s even possible lol :stuck_out_tongue:

lol giiiiirls we’re all in the same boat

so back to the topic…

you know you’re moroccan when… being 1 hour late is actually “on time” for you.

I know i’m Moroccan when i don’t push my watch one hour ahead in summer, & stay one hour behind the whole country.

I know i’m Moroccan when i say “the wind crashed my umbrella” instead of “i opened the umbrella against the wind’s direction”

I know someone’s Moroccan when he hears a bike passing nearby while he’s talking & he says : “3la 9olt AllahuAkbar”

…when u have at least 10 cups of black coffee a day and think its normal

i don’t get this one… :S explain?

3la golt allahu akbar
would literally mean: for i said God is the Greatest… but obviously in the context it means something else.

3la golt allahu akbar
would literally mean: for i said God is the Greatest… but obviously in the context it means something else.[/quote]
It means “with the saying of Allah akbar”.
Usually , while talking & telling a thought (could be a news, a story of anykind), & by coincident, the Athan starts at that moment, they say: 3la 9awlt Allahuakbar" (with the saying of Allahakbar), so as to say that the “AllahuAkbar” confirms what i’m saying, either as a lower level form of swearing (Wallah) or rarely as a reminder.

The start of the Athan (Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…) sometimes sounds like a Bike coming. (depends on the voice/the speakers & its location)

looool Paperbird :smiley:

I think this one is about moroccans also: You know you are moroccan, when you eat alooooot of bread in every meal time :slight_smile:

you know you’re moroccan when your dad or mom swears at you with words that affect themselves (babak! or 3la mok!)

u know ur moroccon when olives are the highest priority on a dinner table…

u know u r Moroccan when olive oil is the highest priority on a breakfast table :^^:

lol papers i was gonna say olive oil haha along with khubz lol

olive oil + khubz sound really good right about now :wink:

…you know your moroccan when you pronounce your P’s as B’s (bebsi, bolice)

3la golt allahu akbar
would literally mean: for i said God is the Greatest… but obviously in the context it means something else.[/quote]
It means “with the saying of Allah akbar”.
Usually , while talking & telling a thought (could be a news, a story of anykind), & by coincident, the Athan starts at that moment, they say: 3la 9awlt Allahuakbar" (with the saying of Allahakbar), so as to say that the “AllahuAkbar” confirms what i’m saying, either as a lower level form of swearing (Wallah) or rarely as a reminder.

The start of the Athan (Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…) sometimes sounds like a Bike coming. (depends on the voice/the speakers & its location)[/quote]
haaahaaaa ok i get it, thanks :smiley: