You know you're Moroccan when..

so here we’ll post the “you know you’re moroccan when…” jokes… i know you’ve all heard of them already, but i want us to create our own versions too… from our own experiences.

a crappy example is:

you know you’re moroccan when… in chat when you laugh, you write it as hhhhhhh

or

you know you’re moroccan when… you can communicate with more than half the world with all the languages you speak

stuff like this :smiley: yalla drop 'em here… and i’ll add some i find on the net too

you know you’re moroccan when…

you’ve seen 3 people on a motorcycle and 7 people in a 5-seat car.

you think if Masr is Umm Ddunya, Morocco Bbaha

you believe in the rule that there are no lines anywhere. Push, shove, and try to get first, or the others will.

You know you’re moroccan when…

You say bye 17 times on the phone.

When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover they know one of your uncles back home.

You’re walking out of customs with your trolley at the airport and you see at least twenty-five members of your family who have come to pick you up.

Your parents drink 6 cups of tea a day.

You’ve had a shoe thrown at you by your mother.

You have an endless supply of pistachios, dates, and pumpkinseeds.

Your mother has enough gold to intimidate Cleopatra.

…when a Turkish girl identifies 12 signs of how to distinguish me as a Moroccan :huh:

…when i watch in a TV5 news report about traffic in France a Renault18 almost touching ground because of what they’re carrying above & say : “THEY ARE MOROCCANS”

LOL i didn’t identify them on my own akhoya :wink: some were cough stolen cough i mean borrowed :smiley:

you know you’re moroccan when you get all suspicious about someone who’s learning darija… you straight away ask “do you have a moroccan gf/bf?” straaaaaaaight away… wthhhh :unsure: :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Aicha, nice one
I laughed at masr um ddonya wel maghrib abuha, I’m hearing it frequently these days…lol

I’ve spotted some common characteristics of Moroccans but I’d like to keep that; they gonna need explanation :wink: (long stories…etc lol)

Thanks Aicha for the topic, & waiting for more additions :slight_smile:

when u eat everything with bread :smiley: sometimes even bread with bread hhhhhhhhh

You know u’re an authentic moroccan when first u heard the song of chemical brothers and u were like WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFF they stole it from najat 3tabo hhhhhhhhh

You know you’re moroccan when u hear the ‘‘cocote’’ whistling at 10 am

YKYM when u dont even know how the mosque looks like and by chance u find urself in the first line of prayers in ramadan

lol good ones

keep 'em coming guys

YKYM when you eat snails and you insult anyone who tells you eating snails is gross :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

YKYM when ur grandparents says wellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i saw it in the moon reffering to mohamed 5th ( and ofcourse u gotta believe them , otherwise ur mskhout lwalidin :stuck_out_tongue: )

lol this one u just copied and pasted and added wellah to it :stuck_out_tongue: its okay keep doing it with the funny ones u find

you know you’re moroccan when…

you reply with “Moroccan” when someone asks if you’re arab or not… and you say “nah, just Moroccan”

you understand every dialect of arabic but noone understands you

YKYM if your national hobby is tberguig*… like BIG TIME

*inspired by madridista the biggest berguag in the universe

…when they say the earthquake was 5,7 richter in west Portugal, while it’s 1:40am GMT & nobody in the world knows anything yet about it !!

EDIT: the other half of the earth was awake, but still didn’t get how did people know that here !

… when you see a non-moroccan speak darija and you ask “so is it your mum or your dad who’s Moroccan?”

… when someone asks u a question and u answer him with another question :^^:

… when you want to know everything about someone however when they ask you about your life you say its private :hap:

you know you’re moroccan when everyone wants to know who you’re talking to on the phone

&&

you know that your moroccan when a guy goes “psss psss (like you’re a cat)” and u say to him “malak kat shouf fiya? jitik mzawka o la shnou? yakh zit 3la bnadim kidayr”

:^^:

loll i like the first one, and the 2nd one is funny i just don’t understand the bit “jitik mzawka” and “zit 3la bnadim”

thanks for contributing to this thread a mimi :wink:

actually mimi knows a lot of darija expressions but her problem is typing them :
jitik mzawka o la shnou? = jitk mzew9a wla chno ?

yakh zit 3la bnadim kidayr = u can say yakh 3la bnadem kidayer or khzit 3la bnadem kidayer … but not ‘‘yakh zit’’ … ive never heard it and even if it exists try to write it ‘‘yakhzit’’ ok

chokran sidi mad, i don’t know what i’d do without you :wink:

without me :yuck: ??? u’d do all good things that with me u cant do hhhhhhhhhhhhh JK
ur darija is good u just need some support :wink: