You know you're Moroccan when..

btw i wanna disagree with this, i think moroccans are probably the only arabs that pronounce P as P, because they have a french language background so they’re quite familiar with the letter P already… just my observation though

i agree with you, but i’ve never heard a moroccan ever say “police” or “pepsi”, i’ve only heard them say there p’s when speaking french as you said 'cause of there use of the language and such.

(i do, however, have an uncle who never pronounces his p’s, but that’s not the majority lol)

yeah i agree. i love how Moroccans speak french, it sounds better to me than frenchies speaking french BUTTTT i love it more when they speak darija

you know you’re Moroccan when “ma3joun” doesn’t mean toothpaste for you

In shamal they say P, poolice, pompa, campo, however, they do share some B words with us, such as blasa, also in Casa area we do actually say P in some words, such as Pneu, pipa…

It depends on how the word got popular first time…
supposedly, the B is prounounced by the countryside people…

[quote]It depends on how the word got popular first time…
supposedly, the B is prounounced by the countryside people…[/quote]
that’s where i hear it the most…

you know you’re moroccan when you want to know everybody’s business, but when people want to know yours you say it’s “private”

i don’t get this one… :S explain?

3la golt allahu akbar
would literally mean: for i said God is the Greatest… but obviously in the context it means something else.[/quote]
It means “with the saying of Allah akbar”.
Usually , while talking & telling a thought (could be a news, a story of anykind), & by coincident, the Athan starts at that moment, they say: 3la 9awlt Allahuakbar" (with the saying of Allahakbar), so as to say that the “AllahuAkbar” confirms what i’m saying, either as a lower level form of swearing (Wallah) or rarely as a reminder.

The start of the Athan (Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…) sometimes sounds like a Bike coming. (depends on the voice/the speakers & its location)[/quote]
we say also : wedden 3liha l7e9

You know you’re Moroccan when you start having many “ryos” before deciding sth,
i.e you say : wa7d rass kigoliya do this, & wa7d ras kigoliya do that…& so on…

ryos?

“Ryos”, the plural of “rass”, which means head–>heads. The sentence Pb introduced means “I’m hesitating between doing this, or doing that…”

ahaaaa thanks shikamaru for the explanation… i can totally understand how that goes about :confused:

you know you’re moroccan when your skin colour can be anything from black, brown to pale white, but somehow u still look so damn Moroccan :smiley:

hahaha @ lalla :smiley:
people say i look hispanic though, than again most people i know dont know where morocco is even located :stuck_out_tongue:

you know you’re moroccan when 90% of what you eat is mar9a
(thats all i ever eat over there and here in the states)

:smiley: haha i can understand that… a close friend of mine was like “when i think Morocco i think Spain, and when i think Spain i think Brazil… so Morocco is in South America right?”… this was my face —> :blink: :di: gonna buy her a world map on her b’day :slight_smile: she needs it fo sho

you guys are the majority i think, moroccans who look hispanic… the black and white are minority, as far as i’ve seen. vive les brownies :smiley: j,k

U to the S to the A…why am i not surprised :roll:

Yeah, the majority of Moroccans are 9ahwa w 7leeb skinned

lol akhoya let’s not generalise about americans :slight_smile:

9ahwa w 7alib all the way jjjj

You know you’re moroccan when Tide isn’t just used for clothes, but also for dishes
…and whatever else that you can’t use a bar of soap to clean :stuck_out_tongue:

loooool the dishes will have a perfume taste on 'em… eew :stuck_out_tongue:

haha if they do, i’ve never noticed lol

i heard soap that’s not properly washed off and swallowed has a laxative effect, might add that to my “additives list” after marriage :stuck_out_tongue: