Turkish Class - With Lalla Aicha

suuuuure mahmut efendi :smiley:

a b c ç d e f g ? h ? i j k l m n o ö p r s ? t u ü v y z

?imdi alfabeti biliyorum ben, gel benimle oyna sen:smiley: <— thats the song kids sing after they say the whole alphabet, like in english: now i know my A B C, won’t you come and play with meee

if you’re not sure on any letter, let me know.

I just wanna make sure of the letters that have 2 versions!

c: cee/chee
g: gi/dji
o: ow/ou
u: ???

was that right ? :blush:

very close :smiley:

c ç = dje/tche (tch as in the english “ch”, so you’re right)
g ? = gee/ghee (BUT we never pronounce it as ghe, always like a long vowel)
o ö = o (like in “cot”)/the french “e”… like “je m’appelle…”
u ü = oo like in “book”/french “u” like “j’ai lu

sorry about how i explained it, do you want me to make it clearer?

Hooray :slight_smile: no that’s good :ok:

Q: what do u call the fez hat ?

lol we call it a Fes :smiley: and i love them, they remind me of jdadi… the Ottomans

jdadi in turkish is ecdad?m pronounced pretty much the same except the ending

cool, is Fes a city ? like our Moroccan fes ? cuz people from Fes here also wear that hat.
in fact, in all Morocco people wear the red hat with white Jellaba.

yeah i think we call the city FES as well, in fact we actually call Morocco FAS :slight_smile: which comes from the city fez, obviously… btw, i’m wondering from where they got that hat “fes”? ya3ni who came up with it? coz turks wore it too up until the republic was found… you see Abdulhamid II wearing it in pictures

That’s like “MOROCCO” ! it came from the city Murrakush (inter:Marrakesh, amazigh: mur akush=land of God), i think also because the leather that used to be produced & exported from Mrraksh is called L’Murrakshi leather (english: the Morocco)

eveeeet that’s it.

can i ask why you’re interested in turkish?

• neden türkçe ö?renmeye merakl?s?n?

To be honest, i 've never been interested in Turkish, i always loved Turkey & Turkish people, but never thought about the language.
Now since Doudi gave us this chance, why not, i always loved to learn languages, & i like hebrew so why not turkish :hap:

:slight_smile: that’s nice… well i have to say that turkish IS a really hard language to learn, only because its grammar is so complex, BUT it’s not impossible… as long as i’m here, i’ll help you all out inchallah, though remember that i’m not a turkish teacher, i speak whatever i’ve heard from my parents and the msalsalat :P( is that even how its spelt i dunno lol…) and books, newspapers etc. i only studied turkish in my last year of high school properly & i did well l7amdoulillah.

so ask any q’s you have… and also, from time to time i’ll bring stuff here and translate isa.

omg these squiggly letters are sooooooooo hard to read! :cry:
ok how would i say : i am X years old ??
merrrrrrrrciiiiiiiiiiii!!! hehe lol :hap:

I am bringing two useful expressions:

Mubarek kurban bayrami = Happy Eid al-Adha
Allah seni korusun? = God bless you.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

[quote=LallaAïcha]eveeeet that’s it.

can i ask why you’re interested in turkish?

• neden türkçe ö?renmeye merakl?s?n?[/quote]
    hhhhh well you know,for ma Turkish husband hhhhhhhhhhh

[quote=mini91]omg these squiggly letters are sooooooooo hard to read! :cry:
ok how would i say : i am X years old ??
merrrrrrrrciiiiiiiiiiii!!! hehe lol :hap:[/quote]
ben X ya??nday?m

:slight_smile: rica ederim can?m (you’re welcome pumpkin) :stuck_out_tongue:

can?m # pumpkin, it really means “darling/sweety/hun/sugarpie/dear” :smiley:

[quote=Darija-Lover]I am bringing two useful expressions:

Mubarek kurban bayrami = Happy Eid al-Adha
Allah seni korusun? = God bless you.

Please correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]
Mubarek Kurban bayrami just means “the holy eid al adha”, it’s not a greeting… you say “Kurban Bayram?n Mubarek Olsun” if you want to tell someone “Eid moubarak”

and with the second one, the translation is “May God protect you”

Other expressions are"Allah senden raz? olsun" (May God be pleased with you) or “Allah ne muradin varsa versin” (May God give you all that you wish for)… Right now, i can’t think of a turkish equivalent to “God bless you” :hm:

and haaaaaaaaaaaaahaa @ your turkish husband, i told you!!! “biliyordum ondan ho?land???n? böcük” :spt: … you can ask him what that means :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=LallaAïcha]:slight_smile: rica ederim can?m (you’re welcome pumpkin) :stuck_out_tongue:

can?m # pumpkin, it really means “darling/sweety/hun/sugarpie/dear” :D[/quote]
ooooooh me likes :ok: i shall use it on my friends and not tell em what it means haha :wink:
btw what does olsun mean? i alwaaaaaaaaaaaaays hear it haha lol

olsun is “may it be”

eg.
afiyet olsun = bsa7tek = may it be “3afiya” (for you)

olsun can also mean ‘doesn’t matter’ depending on the context, example:

Ay?e: yaaa bana dün verdi?in kitab? kaybettim :frowning: (oufff i lost the book you gave me yesterday)
Minik: olsun… (oh well, nevermind, doesn’ matter)

Lalla what means “ruyami yasiyorum” … ohh… I hope it is not smth not good :huh: