this & that + others..

Yeah u’re right. But actually I’ve learned some words were shortened by English people. Maybe cause they were young, because once “ain’t” annoyed an American woman …

Thanks sis :slight_smile:

lol cho3our motabadal

Gretchen, “aint” is quite american too, in fact most of the slang used by English speakers get it from American stuff…

3la eih siso :wink: I was teaching an Egyptian girl Turkish and that’s the only thing she taught me :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah right, it seems it differs from generation to another, cause when I said it she started to explain to me verb to be, and she is an old woman.

I wanted to study Turkish this summer but couldn’t, I started with the alphabet, then when I go to a grammar lesson, I find it difficult and quit. Then try again starting from the alphabet…the same way around! And pa is busy to teach me…next yr isA I hope :slight_smile:

Awww, well cough if you’re looking for a very nasty good mu3allima, here I am :wink:

yeah sure…lina lcharaf (its our honor)
So it’s a deal, starting from summer or after exams of 2010 inchallah
I’m serious, eh? :wink:

oh, oh! Aicha took back her word :expressionless: :cry:

ahhhhhhh ya RAB, I never saw this post, although I’m quite a nosey one I never saw this… SHAME!

I didn’t take back any word :wink: It’s a deal shakes Gretchen’s hand :smiley: well whenever you want basically, our summer is diff from your summer, here it’s summer in December so that’s when I’m on break, until January coz Ima do summer school, gotta catch up :stuck_out_tongue:

what you think? when will you be available?

AH, i didn’t know the system of your schools.
Fine, when will you be available on 2010? What time after January will you be free?
For me, in may or june nchallah

weeeelll, I’m available all the time it’s just that we have time zone difference + i’ll be in my final year in 2010 so it’ll be fullon for me during the week… how about from January to March? Is that good? If you want, we can start sooner, but at a slower pace, and then we’ll get to the nitty gritty when we’re both more free… mzyan wla la?

oh, it became complicated again!!
Well starting from November till June (or only May I hope) I’ll be busy
There isn’t any way after June?.. Look, if your school year starts from March to December, so we only got january 2011???

Actually, I have a one month break somewhere in June-July, when you guys go on your summer break, so… bon?

And by the way, although I’ll have uni I do get spare time, which is when I’ll be preparing your exam questions :cool: Also, we don’t necessarily need to be online at the same time to get a lesson going… know what I mean? I can send u files, lessons etc, via mail… you can ask me questions and I’ll respond once I go online… I’ve helped and I’m still helping many people learn turkish right now, so for me it’s no big deal whether I have uni or not… I’ll manage inshallah :slight_smile:

ok 7abibty, merci bzaaaf
cause my problem is that unlike you I can’t study other thing that year, that I’m afraid to forget Darija I’ve learned so far.
And yeah, like we do here, we’re not usually online simultaneously but we managed it, so okay :okay: starting from June or July, whenever u’ll be free :slight_smile:

Inchallah, till then remind me from time to time… :slight_smile:

and we can talk about the charges later -joke- :stuck_out_tongue:

charges? et tu Brute?! :stuck_out_tongue:

well, I’ll ok remind you from 2 tym, but I think you’re remembering that urself :wink:

lol great :smiley:

in the meanwhile, work on your darija, -though i think you don’t need much “working on it” to do- :smiley:

lol…yeah, I’ll work on my darija till novmb, be engaged in my studies till june and then start turkish with u…oh no busy schedule :stuck_out_tongue: PPl who will need to talk to meet should reserve early then, eh? lol [daydreaminggggg] :smiley:

hahaha they need to book an appointment with you from months before :smiley: funny.

inchallah everything works out, for us both, and everyone else thats going to have a tight schedule… nchallah kheir :slight_smile:

just to clarify does “daba” mean “Now”??

I’d love to learn Turkish too, its somewhat part of the ancient languages fam: Arabic, Persian, Hebrew and Turkish.

I know some words (plz correct my horrendous spelling LA lol)
Seni seviyorum= I love you
Nassilsin (?!)= How r u? to which ur supposed to reply with iyyiyim= Im good or sth lol
git/gal= come/go (i think) lol
cok (chok) pahaladur=to expensive
mm forgot how to say “how much?” lol

All what I learnt when I went to Turkey and of which were very useful lol

hey mini, yeah daba means now :slight_smile:

as far as i know that çok means very, and ç is pronounced as “tch” while c is pronounced as j or g in German [c is in my name :wink: Ay?a)
Aisha, mini reminded me of scene in a film, do you got a word called “haidi” means to come, or come with me, sth lyk that? cause we got girls with that name too
well, yeah in?allah everthing we’ll be alright (cause it’s so embarrassing staying around Turkish people understanding walo :$)