this & that + others..

so you’ll need a special thread for these slangs, eh?

already done :stuck_out_tongue: =====> darija’s urbandictionary

yeah i see, but actually it contains more discussions more than new-added slangs.
to be frank, I checked it only twice…

Gretchen keep posting your questions ya benty, I’m totally benefiting from them :smiley:

and thanks to all that translated, before they bite my head off for not thanking them too… :^^:

hahahahahha yes true gret i’ll post new words
LA i dont need thnx i want da3awat alla ykhaliki

hahaha d3awat for zi khanza story?? ya raaabbb

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllll zi khanza story i like it lolllll it might be the title of ur new movie

hhhhhhh, so u meant do3a and not dwa LOOOOL my bad…

:stuck_out_tongue: yes do3a2 al khanza ( lol in d good sens ofcourse )

“in [color=#FA0417]d[/color] good sense of course” <------ please tell me what is wrong with this, without looking at the word in red

lol u tell me

Madridsistah, is it hard to say “the” and that’s why you use “d” or is it because you wanna sound gangstahhh?

I have this Ghanian friend, she talks normal in real life but on the net she’s all like : u knw d oda day i went 2 d shop n got sum shiz … & i’m here wanting to :fouet: her for trying to sound so… beurk

hhhhhhhhhhhhh dont worry im not like ur ghanian friend its the oposite for me
i try to write a good english here in the forum but sometimes some words can slip …

Aisha, it’s easier actually to use this language esp on chatting, cause the other side won’t wait to write every word completely.
Actually I’ve benefited from this during my uni study cause prof were talking quickly and I have to write most of what they say. Al7amdulellah too that my major is english, cause we arabs haven’t done sth like that with arabic (other than starting to write it in the latin alphabet…)

I’m glad to know that they’re really useful for other darija learners. Ok, I’ll do :slight_smile:

Just sometimes dont want to bother both Mad & Ouazzani, with the former’s concise answer and the later’s essay answer :wink: thanks 4 both

Yeah, I’m writing an encycloepedia trying to answer your questions. But you know what? Ana anani… I do it because I’m learning searching for the right answer, trying to express myself in english and keeping Mad in the eye of the hurricane. Mad, I say it again: Ana, blabek, walu. You are the wall where I like to crash my head. :wall: And Gret is who pushes me to do it. So, continue… I promise to mark in bold the short answer. You just skip the rest. :^^:

lol, you know always long answers contain full and many info. And when I look for answers for my studies, I look for such answers. But here because darija isn’t my major so i’d really appreciate marking in bold important points.

and about Mad, he’s a native, that’s why it’s normal to know almost everything of it. But I really appreciate both ur answers :slight_smile:

ouazzani maybe im a native and as gret said i know almost everythin buuuuuuuuuuut u learnt darija as a foreign language and u can answer her and this is sooooooo great im really proud of u :d lol even though ur speakin chamalia hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I told you Mad, I only hate you because of your football preferences… :ball: :D:D:D

[quote=Gretchen]Aisha, it’s easier actually to use this language esp on chatting, cause the other side won’t wait to write every word completely.
Actually I’ve benefited from this during my uni study cause prof were talking quickly and I have to write most of what they say. Al7amdulellah too that my major is english, cause we arabs haven’t done sth like that with arabic (other than starting to write it in the latin alphabet…)[/quote]
yeah I know, but for native English speakers it can be quite annoying :stuck_out_tongue: It’s okay though, everyone is free to write/chat as they wish :wink:

English major? machallah that’s nice :slight_smile: