Nas?ls?n : how are you — iyiyim: im fine

git: go
gel: come
çok pahal?d?r (chok pahal?d?r) : its too expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

nekadar?/kaç? : how much?

the ç sound is the equ?valent of the english ch sound :smiley:

there you go, our f?rst turk?sh lesson :smiley:

Not sure that lesson’s 4 me or mini

but anyway, my prob is that I start with the alphabet then go to a grammar lesson to find it difficult, then quit and start with another book, again start with the alphabet then study a grammar lesson to find it difficult and I quit till I quited forever…

well technically its not a lesson, just correcting mini’s vocab post there :smiley: but you can benefit from it if you wish

don’t worry gretch, inshallah we’ll tackle those obstacles in no time :wink:

yeah I really hope so inshallah :slight_smile:
Thanks alot sis :o)

[quote=LallaAïcha]hihi mini, im impressed sis.

seni seviyorum : correct :hap:
Nas?ls?n : how are you — iyiyim: im fine

git: go
gel: come
çok pahal?d?r (chok pahal?d?r) : its too expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

nekadar?/kaç? : how much?

the sound is the equ?valent of the english ch sound :smiley:

there you go, our f?rst turk?sh lesson :D[/quote]
Thanks Aicha :smiley:
and yeah I know that “ç” is “ch” its just that I don’t have such a letter on my keyboard LOL :wink:
Nekadar! Thats it!! We used that one for “How much” hehe :cool:
hmmm wats “cold water” again sth beginning with S, Su i think lol “Soguk Su” the “G” pronounced as “J” :hap:

Catalans we also have this letter on our alfabet: Ç. but we say it like english “S”: Barça, Barça, Barça (repeat with me): Barça, Barça… :^^:

dude why some ppl pronounce it like barcha barcha barcha … i thought ç in catala is sh :s

yes soguk su, but the g is like a silent letter, sort of like a vowel… so you’d pronounce it : sowuk su… weird i know bs thats how it is :wink:

I didn’t listen you repeating, Mad…

Don’t know about Ç and his ch pronunciation. Mybe because it’s always nearer a Sad than a Sin…

ah ok ok or maybe arabs confuse it with the tunisian barcha looooooollllll

What’s the tunisian barcha?

the Tunisian barch means alot or very, like the moroccan bzaf

Shukran barch!

loooll yeah chokran barcha a rubin :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder where they got that word from

dunno but im gonna ask a tunisian … maybe she can help us

I’m gonna ask first

why are you wondering??
“very” has different equivalent over arabic countries, I myself dont know from where ours came from!

well i thought maybe its from turkish influence because we have a word called parça which means “piece” so i thought maybe there’s a connection

[quote=Gretchen]why are you wondering??
“very” has different equivalent over arabic countries, I myself dont know from where ours came from![/quote]
Yours is very easy, if you meant 2awi comes from qawiyy (strong). “Strong thanks to masr” :smiley: