Salam :)

[large]Hi
My name is Hiba I’m from Jordan and lately I’ve been so interested in everything about Morocco :^^:
I’d be really happy to talk to Moroccan people and learn their cool dialect! :ok:[/large]

Welcome to SpeakMoroccan, Hiba. You have such a lovely name, one of my all times favorite :).
I am glad you found us, and hope that you’ll like it here and start posting right away ;).
Please do check the exercises section, I am sure you can cope with the exercises easily.

See you around :).

Thank you!
I’ve already read all the lessons but I still want to learn more!:^^:
They weren’t difficult but I always have trouble understanding coloquial moroccan especially if it’s fast.:frowning:
It seems I can learn French here too lol.
Anyways you’re very nice Inshallah I’ll have a good time here.
Thank you

We don’t speak really fast, it’s just the effect of not having so many vowels, kansta3mlo bzzaf dyal ssokôn :D.
Feel free to ask all the questions you have.

So true fi kteer sokoon
btw sorry if i’m mistaken but I didn’t find bezzaf in the lessons although it’s the most famous word!

So you don’t know what this famous word means? You just translated my sentence in a very accurate way :). Bzzaf is kteer: a lot, much, many… Its Tunisian equivalent is interesting as well: barsha.

Examples:
Thanks a lot = Shukran bzzâf.
I have many books = 3ndî bzzâf dyâl lktôb.
I don’t have much time = Mâ 3ndîsh bzzâf dyâl lwqt.

No I swear I knew it
but I was just looking for it:^^:
But thank you for explaining it
I still have some questions I’ll post them tomorrow Inshallah because it’s veeeeryyyy late right now 2:30 am

love this forum!:^^:

Mâshî moshkil, it’s no trouble explaining in to you. It’s good that you knew it though.
I am glad you like the forum. Good night, it’s just 11:30 pm in Morocco.

Hi Hiba keefik?
Welcome to the forum!!!
hoe u like it here !!!

Sba7 lkhir!:^^:
7amdollah kif 7walik nchallah bkhir?
hope I got that right :lol:

[quote=Hiba]Sba7 lkhir!:^^:
hope I got that right :lol:[/quote]
Sbâ7 nnôr :).
You almost got that right. We don’t say kif 7walik, but “kî dâyra”.
So Hiba, kî dâyra, lâbâs 3lîk? Kolshî bîkhîr?

Sba7 lkhir SimplyMoroccan :^^:
7amdollah
Yes, Ki dayra :ok:
Im back and ready to do some exercises
yesterday lamma qltili 3n el excercises kanfakrou 3an el excersises dyala el lessons
now nchallah ghadi nrou7ou 3al excersises
Translation:
yesterday whaen you told me about the exercises i thought you were talking about the excersises that were in the lessons guess i was sleepy lol
now i’m going t the excersises section
See you there :^^:

You don’t need to translate, I know what you wanted to say :). I can see that you are trying to apply some of the grammar.
Corrections?
Mllî instead of lamma = When.
3lâ instead of 3an = About. [I see that you took off the vowel :D, no we just don’t use this word]
Nmshî instead of nrou7ou = I go.

Soon, you’ll be speaking Darija like a native :).
By the way, what makes you interested in the country and Darija? Planning to visit us? :slight_smile:

Thank you for the corrections!
1)I’m interested in the Darija because it really sounds cool and special.
2)Inshallah one day i’ll visit Morocco because it’s really beautiful and the people are very nice.
3)I recently was told that our neighbor was Moroccan and i was really surprised because I never heard her speak Darija!
When I visit her I’ll try to speak Darija.
4) And of course the one and only

Isam Bachiri Zouaoui From Outlandish is Moroccan - My favorite band as well as MANY of other Jordanians and Palestinians favorite too i mean they got a LOT of fans here!

You’re not the only fan of Outlandish around here.
What made me like Outlandish when I first saw them back in high school was the Moroccan touch you can easily sense in their video clips, I love that.
After you learn Darija, we’ll learn some of your dialect from you, 3ala 2idek :D.

:welcome: hiba :)!!

[quote=Hiba]Sba7 lkhir!:^^:
hope I got that right :lol:[/quote]
:slight_smile: , I see that ur trying and thats good keep it up hiba :wink:

ana labass lhamdulllah!!
ounti ki deyra ? sa77a labass?

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]You’re not the only fan of Outlandish around here.
What made me like Outlandish when I first saw them back in high school was the Moroccan touch you can easily sense in their video clips, I love that.
After you learn Darija, we’ll learn some of your dialect from you, 3ala 2idek :D.[/quote]
Yes they’re great I have all their songs (Reggada too :D) most of them are already on youtube :slight_smile:
Everytime I hear this song I wonder what lello a lello mommo a mommo means :smiley: :smiley:

“Kom igen” and “Bumpy” are other songs of Outlandish that contain Darija :wink:

and of course iza biddek ay mosa3adeh bellahjeh el2ordoniyyeh ana dayman jahzeh :slight_smile:
if u need any help in jordanian I’m always ready :slight_smile:

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :^^:

[quote=MarocRulz]:slight_smile: , I see that ur trying and thats good keep it up hiba :wink:

ana labass lhamdulllah!!
ounti ki deyra ? sa77a labass?[/quote]
7amdolla ana kaman labass 3liyya! :smiley: