Salam :)

We use “7tta” instead of kaman ;). “7tta ana labas 3liyya”. You’re progressing already, using more and more Darija words. I am confident that you’ll grasp soon Darija :).

I am not a number one fan of any singer/band, I’d just like a song and listen to it until I get fed up with it :D. So although I like many songs of Outlandish, I do not know for examples those you just mentioned. I’ll go look for them on youtube. Feel free though to post them in the music section ;).

You don’t need to translate anything written in the Jordanian dialect, most Moroccans are very familiar with other dialects more that people from other Arab countries are with Darija :). Aslan mokmen e7kike ordoni iza baddek :hap:. (Well, mixed up with some Lebanese and Syrian, 3ala shwayyit masri :mdr:)

Yes I noticed that Moroccans understand other arabs very well and speak many dialects and languages,
that’s very cool :cool:
I only find them speak darija on TV or with each other though :wink:

I guess Jordanian dialect actually IS a mixture of Syrian, Khaleeji, 3iraqi, Masri, Lebnani…

Your sentence is great and yes sounds a bit more lebanese than jordanian :hap:
i’d say it like:
Aslan momken a7ki ma3ek ordoni iza biddek :smiley:

btw How many languages do you speak (Mashallah)? :hap:
Do you know what “lello a lello mammo a mammo” means?

Outlandish songs are in English, Arabic, Spanish, Urdu, and Danish, some French too. :okay:

I’ll try to post them on the music section.

Ah, the version you just gave is not new to me! I just get to mix up the dialects! Khalas, mâ 3âsh a7ki ordoni ghalat :ok:.

Hum… I am a native Berber, and speak Arabic. I also speak French and English. That’s all. [My German is pretty limited, it doesn’t count]

I forgot to reply to that part. It’s actually “lalla ya lalla” and “mamma ya mamma”.
Lalla is ma’am. You are then to be called Lalla Hiba, out of respect. And mamma is for mom? That’s not really in the context, but some singers say that.

Thank you for explaining!

Berber… :cool:
But what’s the difference between Berber and Amazigh??
Are they only in Morocco? :slight_smile:

Two names for the same culture. Although Amazigh find it rude to use the word Berber, thinking it comes from “barbar”.
And no, there are also in some parts of North Africa, especially Algeria. The ones in Algeria are called Kabyle, and their language is different than ours. Aslan in Morocco, Berbers do not speak the same way, there are different dialects: Tamazight, Tarifit and Tashl7it. I speak the latter.

Salam Hiba, mar7ba bik flforum :slight_smile:

I see you are learning fast ! Go ahead and see you around :wink:

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Two names for the same culture. Although Amazigh find it rude to use the word Berber, thinking it comes from “barbar”.
And no, there are also in some parts of North Africa, especially Algeria. The ones in Algeria are called Kabyle, and their language is different than ours. Aslan in Morocco, Berbers do not speak the same way, there are different dialects: Tamazight, Tarifit and Tashl7it. I speak the latter.[/quote]
Thanks Ididn’t know that!!

[quote=devanymix]Salam Hiba, mar7ba bik flforum :slight_smile:

I see you are learning fast ! Go ahead and see you around ;)[/quote]
Ahlan biki,

shokran bzzaf rabbi ykhlliki!! :smiley:

Corrections? :slight_smile:
Use mr7ba bik instead of ahlan biki. [So no need for the i ending]
So same for “rbbi ykhllik” :).

And I got a question for you, Hiba.
I like this song:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vEJfbXh8t8g[/youtube]

Isn’t there a longer version of it? This one is too short. The tone starting from 0:29 is my favorite.

Thanks for the corrections :ok:

Yes I know the singer he’s called bashar alsar7an he’s Jordanian Badawi and I liked this song too! :smiley:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/672766

Thank you for the link, Hiba :).

Tbark Allah! A 4 pages introduction thread. You’re one of us now, Hiba! :smiley:

Mr7ba bik m3ana! :slight_smile:

Mr7ba bik Thank you and bnita and SimplyMoroccan for being so friendly :slight_smile:

Yes I know I talk too much :smiley:

Mr7ba bik m3ana Hiba :okay:

You choosed the right place to learn and meet nice persons

Thank you Onc’Kamel !