[ringontes ??] & Congratulations Hiba !!

Well for me, it looked like you had a lot of fun with the jokes ;).

Fun that’s it all about…

salam everybody ki dayrin please forgive me for not posting for a long time :frowning:
I miss you all
I still didn’t finish exams but I decided to give myself a break…

wooow mabrok tukha !!!
and marocrulz !!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome back!!

Nuwarra dear, The correct way to say that in English is, “Fun, that’s what it’s all about.”

first and foremost, and most important: MAR7BA A KHTI HIBA, TWA7CHTEK BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAF!!!
nuwwara, CONGRATULATIONS!!! (even though i’m slightly jealous… wallah joke haha :D)
and, thanks SM! i will soooooooooooon rise to the top (when i have all the time in the world LOL) :hap:

Hiba, it’s good to see you back :). Allah ywffqk m3a l2imti7anât, 7mmrî lînâ wjhnâ.

Expression explanation:
I remember saying this before, but it’s alright to repeat it for those who don’t know the expression: “7mmrî liyyâ wjhî”, said to a girl. Literally “Make my face red”. No, you’re not asking for a punch in the face, nor for a slap. You’re asking the person to make you proud.
7mmrtî liyyâ wjhî = You made me proud / You’re making me proud.

choukran a khti SM pour l’explication :slight_smile:

That expression would mean something like, “You embarassed me.” in English. Also, ras ha kfif means she’s smart in Maghribi, right? In English, it means she’s dumb and gullible. go figure. Idioms are the hardest part of any language for the second language speaker to understand and use naturally. (although I still say prepositions are difficult and arbitrary.)

Good night all.

Good night? Nope here is it 11 am.

haha, nice observations ummaryam, so true LOL
and nuwwara, surely if it’s 11am, it’s goodnight time!
maybe i sleep too early :stuck_out_tongue:

11 am would be rather late and 11 pm would be nice bed time.

OH YES! silly me hahahaaa. i confuse my am and pm :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue:

haha, can be difficult sometimes with the time. In German we have to different way to tell the time if you don’t want to use something like: 21:23 and it depends on where you from which one you use and most people don’t understand the other way. So 3:15 would be either 1/4 nach 3 (1/4 past 3) or 1/4 4 ( that would be one 1/4 from 4). 3:30 is always 1/2 4. 3:45 is either 1/4 vor 4 (1/4 to 4) or 3/4 4 (3/4 from 4). Specially the 1st is really confusing. I only use the 1st ones.

WOW! i have never heard this! that’s sooo cool :slight_smile:

cool? It’s pretty confusing…

[quote=ummaryam99]That expression would mean something like, “You embarassed me.” in English. Also, ras ha kfif means she’s smart in Maghribi, right? In English, it means she’s dumb and gullible. go figure. Idioms are the hardest part of any language for the second language speaker to understand and use naturally. (although I still say prepositions are difficult and arbitrary.)

Good night all.[/quote]
‘‘you embarassed me’’ in Arabic means ‘‘7rajtini’’

assalamu alikum wa rahmatullahi ya habibti Nawarra… When I wrote, “Good night” I was basing it on our local time here. And, it was about four in the morning. I get terrible insomnia sometimes…most of the time, really. So it’s nice to be able to talk to you guys; I sure don’t want to wake up any of my local friends who are fortunate enough to be asleep in the middle of the night,Ila lqait she7ad 7na, mezzyan, wa ila ma lqait 7ta 7ad hna, labas; al muhim, ma bgytsh najzkuma.

Yes, I know there is time difference. Did you get some sleep?

[quote=tukha]haha, nice observations ummaryam, so true LOL
and nuwwara, surely if it’s 11am, it’s goodnight time!
maybe i sleep too early :p[/quote]
you do :stuck_out_tongue: