Pastilla

this film? ok, but to let you know first it contains alot of songs, actors and singers both sing :wink:
but we lyyyyyyyyyk it so much ? anyways[/quote]
well that’s just a normal film isn’t it? turkish films are like that too, not so much singing but a lot of swearing :blink: :hm:

ok, thanks :slight_smile:

this film? ok, but to let you know first it contains alot of songs, actors and singers both sing :wink:
but we lyyyyyyyyyk it so much ? anyways[/quote]
well that’s just a normal film isn’t it? turkish films are like that too, not so much singing but a lot of swearing :blink: :hm:[/quote]
no normal film dont have much songs (only 7seen elimam like to do that)

btw, did you see the egyptian-turkish film “firar elmomya”, it’s called sth lyk the arabic one in Turkish… i think u didn’t…

ummm what’s lmomya in english? i know firar, so maybe if i find the meaning of the 2nd word it might click.

lmomya is “the mummy”
it starts from turkey as far as i remember s1 named Tesman (or was it in Ibsen’s ch) everything was mixed up for me
anyway he’s handsome, and I found l8r that he’s a singer, so I googled for pix for him and i wished i didnt :frowning:

looool believe me every turkish actor or singer has some sort of eye soring display somewhere… its really sad. I know just very few who aren’t like that.

Tesman doesn’t sound familiar, if i saw the actor im sure i’d recognize… yes mumya is mummy in turkish too, so the title means the runaway of the mumya… i haven’t waTCHED any turkish movie like that, as far as i remember. then again, my memory isn’t so loyal to me

it was turkish-egyptian, it stars some egyptian known actors too,a and yeah it means so…

btw, yesterday i tasted sth turkish called gulluogul (or sth lyk that?) it’s so sweet but kinda heavy? (do we say heavy for food), I mean it’s only one that I ate and couldn’t get more, but so bniiiiin :slight_smile:
I LOVE the turkish delight too btw :stuck_out_tongue: ;o)

looool well there’s gullac, and its a sweet, u know u might laugh at me for this… but when it comes to food, i have NOOOO idea what the names are, and my mum always yells at me because i don’t know how to cook yet… i know i should be ashamed

yes i say heavy for food, why not? :slight_smile:

Turkish delight…mmmmm… there’s a chocolate of turkish delight, its even more delicious

not you alone :blush:
well, i know how to cook but didnt try yet, although over here the main concern for girls to know how to cook for marriage and so on (i think the same in turkey, right?)
but actually i’m noticing that cairans dont learn how to cook except after marriage, do u have the same for girls from the capital city?

chocolate too of turkish delight, wow…I’ve seen once in a place where many turkish prefer to live a kinda patisserie called turkish delight :wink:

hehehe, wellllll its best to learn before marriage, because the guy would ask for the foods he best enjoyed at his mamas house :smiley:

my mum tells me noone will marry me coz i can’t cook :stuck_out_tongue: I can make sucuklu yumurta though xD do you know it?

wooow, if i come to cairo i will visit this ‘preferred’ place inchaAllah :smiley:

lolll, we had a saying kinda means"u can make ur husband accustomed to what you want, and make your son brought up to what you want" u get anything? the gist is that the wife is the ruler :stuck_out_tongue:

no i dont know the “sucuklu yumurta” actually. When my mom was doing 3omra, i used to cook for them, so i can but currently, kinda, have no time…

it has many egyptians too, but dunno why when we go to visit turkish friends i find them living there

LOOOOL I know what you mean, yes i get it :wink: but i think this is more for egyptian women :stuck_out_tongue: I heard egyptian women are very cruel to their husbands lolllll, and an egyptian dude told me that egyptian men suffer a lot from them, but still they go after them hihi

sucuk is a turkish sausagey thing, and yumurta is egg, so its like bacon and eggs but halal version :smiley: sucuk is actually made from beef
and it tastes nice… but beware of what it does when you let out a small burp xD ok grossss :stuck_out_tongue:

Gretchen, you could have said bye before you left :frowning:

hahahahahaha that’s summarize everything … u will die 3anis :stuck_out_tongue: wuaahhaha nobody can keep a discussion with u more than 2 hours :stuck_out_tongue:

&*$#@!^%$

fhemti?

OMG 7abebti, I’ve said it in the “besslama” thread, and asked too to pray for me not to get asthma (weird, i didnt get it and no1 prayed :P)
sorry sis so much, I do enjoy staying with you so much :slight_smile:

about the turkish recipe, alhamdulellah i didnt read about yesterday, gross!! you should taste some familiar egyptian recipes too :wink: this one doesn’t remind me of an egyptian one actually cause I think most of our traditional recipes are of legumes.

[quote=LallaAïcha]&*$#@!^%$

fhemti?[/quote]
that was in turkish ?? english ?? just to imagine the word :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve read the packet, this is written “güllüoglu” (the 2nd g was either dotted or ?, cause i dont know about the dotted g). Maybe it’s the same but it’s the brand’s name or sth :wink:

OMG 7abebti, I’ve said it in the “besslama” thread, and asked too to pray for me not to get asthma (weird, i didnt get it and no1 prayed :P)
sorry sis so much, I do enjoy staying with you so much :slight_smile:

about the turkish recipe, alhamdulellah i didnt read about yesterday, gross!! you should taste some familiar egyptian recipes too :wink: this one doesn’t remind me of an egyptian one actually cause I think most of our traditional recipes are of legumes.[/quote]
ooooooh im so sorry I didn’t see it :frowning: l7amdelillah you didn’t get it!! and since now i know, i’ll make du3a for you inchallah every night :slight_smile: wait, every day here and night there :stuck_out_tongue:

when you said legumes i straight away thought of lentils, do you guys have lentil soup… my favouriteeeee

i’ve read the packet, this is written “güllüoglu” (the 2nd g was either dotted or ?, cause i dont know about the dotted g). Maybe it’s the same but it’s the brand’s name or sth ;-)[/quote]
yes, most likely that’s the brand’s name… because oglu means son (of) so gulluoglu, son of gullu, and we have no sweet called son of gullu :stuck_out_tongue:

the second g has a squiggle on it :smiley: