Pastilla

? pronounced right like arabic gh, or has a story for its own pronounciation :s

in egypt yeah we have lentil soup, but i dont like it actually. dont know what about morocco…

thanks for the du3a in advance :wink:

no not like gh but more like a y or just a vowel, really it depends on the word most of the time, like o?lu would be pronounced oo-lu, so you’re just making the o a bit longer, don’t know if i explained it well but thats what it basically does.

ooooh nooo how could you say that about lentil soup :stuck_out_tongue: maybe we have diff ingredients thats why… or maybe i just have weird taste :stuck_out_tongue:

la chukran 3la wajib :wink:

last time mum made lentile soup I ate moroccan sardine. Maybe yeah, but we had the familiar traditional dish that contains lentile is koshari, I love it :wink:

I understood ur explanation about ?, but u’re gonna explain it again :stuck_out_tongue: jk, i was just reminding you of our turkish lesson Miss Aicha :wink:

hehehe nooot a problem :smiley: yes yes keep reminding me… btw congrats on your 1000 posts… though its been 21 posts since. :smiley:

about koshari, i’ve heard of it many times -as i told u about the egyptian friend-, he loves it a loooooooot… inchallah one day i will have the honour of tasting it too :slight_smile:

oh, thanks about congratulating me about my posts, i really rarely notice this, lol. thanks :slight_smile:

yeah i though you might have heard of it, it’s more famous than sayed darwich :stuck_out_tongue: well, it will have the honor that u tasted it :wink:

:slight_smile: i haven’t heard of sayed darwich actually, but i know dolma is quite famous there too :stuck_out_tongue: i have to say that dolma is my favorite food everrrrrr, and the bad thing is my mum never makes it, so if a kind teyze decides to bring some over then thats it.

We have dolma also :smiley:

It’s a popular dish in restaurants and we have it in the stores … just frozen one :slight_smile:

dolma, a familiar name, is that turkish or masri?
:blush:

I don’t know if the one in russia is known as turkish or masri, but i do know dolma is originally turkish, like baklava :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah yeah yeah, baklava, or we would write ba2lawa, like we write basha :s
so it’s originally turkish, baklava?

:slight_smile: I know dolma like a traditional azerbaijanian one …

And I know that many countries pretend to be a “motherland” of dolma :stuck_out_tongue:

mmhmm but the greeks try stealing the credit :stuck_out_tongue:

hey Aicha, yeah it was the brand’s name right
and itself called baklavaci, like u told me baklava :wink:

[quote=Touta]We have dolma also :smiley:

It’s a popular dish in restaurants and we have it in the stores … just frozen one :)[/quote]
Azerbijan ? i know someone from Armenia whose surename is Dolmayan, is that like when someone’s surename is “koshari” or “choclati” (i know choclati too) :slight_smile:

looool there are a lot of armenian-azeris too… there could be a connection

yeah…chicken is the best…:ok::ok: