New member!!

[large]??? !!! ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
??? ???..

??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???.. ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ???
??? ??? ??? ???..

?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? !!! !!!
((??? ??? ??? ???[/large]

[quote=??? ??? ???][large]??? !!! ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
??? ???..

??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???.. ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ???
??? ??? ??? ???..

?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? !!! !!!
((??? ??? ??? ???[/large][/quote]
Following “loghati ddarija”'s request, here I am transcribing for you the message above:

[quote]Ashnô z3ma? Mâ ghâdîsh tfhmnî? Mâ ghâdîsh tfhm ssmiyya dyâlî rrâ2i3a?
Iwâ sh-shôha…

Kân hâdâ bizutage mn 3oDwa jdîda, l3oDw jdîd… Jâ mn b3dhâ w fât’hâ f 3adad lmoshârkât.
Now, hâdî hiyya sh-shôha.

Shî wâ7d yktb hâd sh-shî llî glt dâbâ lel2akh bl7ôrôf llâtiniyya! Yâllah! (Bâsh nshôf wâsh katbghîwnî)[/quote]
Phew! That was quite an exercise :D. Welcome to the forum, “ddârija loghatî” or “loghatî ddârija”. Glad to have you among us :).
Wesam, if you have problems understanding the above transcribed message, just let me know and I can help with it.

I think that you didn’t mean “red chicken”, now did you? Otherwise, your Agadir is probably then some other planet faaaar far away :D.
It’s djâj m7mmr. Remember that I am here to correct, so I hardly let any Darija pass without inspection, you’ll get used to that. Don’t worry for the spelling, you’ll get used to that as well.
And that’s m3a instead of ma3. (Are you hungry? You’re starting to ba3 ba3 :D]

LOL @ golih ayskout 3liyya :D.
Remember that 7 is for aspired “h” as in 7mâr. Just always remember this example, and you won’t mix up 7 and h again.

For French, you can start with learning some angry expressions to use for jet ski related matters :^^:.

Thanks SimplyMoroccan, I understood most of it. Just not sure who he was directing it at, saying that we won’t understand. :stuck_out_tongue:

Daba fhemt chi klam hna, walakin; machi koulchi

“Kân hâdâ bizutage mn 3oDwa jdîda, l3oDw jdîd… Jâ mn b3dhâ w fât’hâ f 3adad lmoshârkât.
Now, hâdî hiyya sh-shôha.”

This is new, from something new, l3odw new. It came before and past her… haha that was what I got out of that sentence.

The rest kan fhem.

That’s to hard for me. I didn’t get a lot of words from it.

Wesam, you could understand from the Arabic writing? So you can read Arabic?

[quote]“Kân hâdâ bizutage mn 3oDwa jdîda, l3oDw jdîd… Jâ mn b3dhâ w fât’hâ f 3adad lmoshârkât.
Now, hâdî hiyya sh-shôha.”[/quote]

That was some bullying from a new member (feminine) to another new member… who came after her, and managed to have more posts (participation) than her.
Now that’s the “scandal”.

That’s the translation of the message :).
Is it alright Nuwwara?

No, I meant I could understand from your translation; and thank you for it.

That’s what I am here for :).

If you don’t mind me asking, are you younger or older?

Compared to whom?

HAHA, well what I perceive as young would be 20’s, and older would be 40’s+

@ SM
I meant that the hole message was to hard for me.

@ Nuwwara:
And I meant by translating the hardest part, is the rest clear? Want a translation for the whole? (Ummaryam would make you notice: Is that a hole or a whole? :D)

@ Wesam:
What would be the 30s then? :smiley:
Well, I am in my 20s.
Doing the math from what you said, you probably are 20 sharp :D.

There are in the other parts also word I don’t get. Would be nice if you could translate the rest, too.

30’s is still considered young. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a little older than 20. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, Nuwwara. There you go!

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Ashnô z3ma? Mâ ghâdîsh tfhmnî? Mâ ghâdîsh tfhm ssmiyya dyâlî rrâ2i3a?
Iwâ sh-shôha…

Kân hâdâ bizutage mn 3oDwa jdîda, l3oDw jdîd… Jâ mn b3dhâ w fât’hâ f 3adad lmoshârkât.
Now, hâdî hiyya sh-shôha.[/quote]
So now what? You won’t understand me? You won’t understand my cool nickname?
What a “scandal”…

That was some bullying from a new member (feminine) to another new member… who came after her, and managed to have more posts (participation) than her.
Now that’s the real “scandal”.

Is it as you understood it, Wesam?

[quote=stealth]30’s is still considered young. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a little older than 20. :P[/quote]
What happened to the little other years then other than 4 you lived in the North of BC and the 14 you lived in Central Alberta? :^^:
You skipped those from your history!

Yes, that is how I understood it, just wasn’t sure who it was directed at.

You obvioosly, as this is your welcome thread and you’re the new member :). That was a friendly message by the way, my use of the word “scandal” isn’t that accurate, since it kind of sounds rude in English, but Loghati ddarija used it in a fun/teasing way.

Hmm, what does z3ma by itself mean? râi3 must than be cool and shôha something like scandal.