Moroccan jokes..... anyone know any?

dbana ta7t fe kas dayl lchrab. Kharajat mno katqol: 7ayyyyyyyyyyyyydo mn tariq elnsr

A fly fell in a glass of drink. It got out saying: get away (s7?) from the eagle’s way… (it got drunk)

:lol:
nice one

could way also be “tri9” without the a ?

yes LA tri9 is good

cool, thanks for that M-sta.

Here’s one from me which i stole from someone else… I get this gist of it, its just i don’t get the last bit after chafet

hadi wa7ed nemla, kanet ghadya m3a l’file , o houma ydouzou fou9 wa7ed le pond ( bridge ), o houwa yebda yetza3za3. b3da, chafet nemla f-l’file o galet lih :“ZA3ZA3NA MMHA”.

what the hell does za3za3na mmha mean :smiley:

You might need to have lived or been to Morocco to understand this one…

wahed lboulissi l9a wahed rajel sakran m3a 12 dial lille ou gal lihe
“jbed la carte” ouhouwa yjawbou sakrane galihe “méditel oulla tissalat?”
gualih lboulissi “katfella 3liya” ou bda lboulissi kayedreb fihe yedreb fihe
yedreb fihe 7ta skhef ou gal lihe “iwa ki jatek had t3biae(recharge)?”
gualih sakrane “hamdoullah machi mdoubla”.

A translation would be perfect :smiley:

Excuse me stealth, if you don’t mind, I tried to translate it as a kind of challenge but I couldn’t understand the last part. If you don’t mind I’ll show my translation to see how far I progressed in Darija or standing still yet…

[quote=stealth]wahed lboulissi l9a wahed rajel sakran m3a 12 dial lille ou gal lihe
gualih sakrane “hamdoullah machi mdoubla”.[/quote]
A policeman saw a drunk man at midnight and told him: show me your card (ID), the drunk man asked him: (which one) méditel or tissalat? (I think dif kinds of telephone cards). The policeman replied: Are you going to joke with me? (not lit trans). And then the police started to beat him again and again… [couldn’t grasp the rest]

t3bi2a or recharge means increasing ur phone credits
so when the policeman asked him about the card (ID here ) the guy thought he was talkin about cellphone SIM , so answered meditel or itisalat ( two cellphones companies )
so after beatin him the policeman how did he find the ‘’ recharge ‘’
the gus said : thank God there was no offre ( in morocco the majority of ads on tv r about cellphones , and always they give u the double when u increase ur credit )

bouliss is hilarious, that’s what im calling them from now on no matter which language i’m speaking :smiley:

chukran 3la ltrjama a gretchen!!

Thank you Aisha, I tried as much as I can :slight_smile:
& Thank you Madridista for the complete translation :slight_smile:

Ok, I try to adaptate one that peoples says about catalans. So I had just to change “catalan” for “soussi”. Please, help me whit what’s wrong, you will understand it.

Shinni kai3amel wa7id soussi meli fih lberd? - ikerreb llchaufage
W ida baqi fih lberd? Ikerreb ktar llchaufage
W ida baqi fih lberd bzzzzzzef? isha3 lchaufage.

What does a soussi do when he has cold? He approaches to the heater
And what does the same soussi do if he has yet cold? He approaches more to the heater
And if he has yet cold a loooooooooot? He turns on the heater

hhhhhhh wa3ra!!!

khoya, you would say in English:

What does a soussi do when he has a cold? … He approaches the heater
And what does the same soussi do if he still has the cold? He gets even more closer to the heater
And if he STILL has a really bad cold? He turns on the heater :mdr:

:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, LA, don’t stop it, I need to improve my english too!

That’s what we’re all here for, to help each other out… You’re welcome!

@ Aisha - I think fih lberd = to be / to feel cold
as opposed to ‘to have a cold’ (to be ill), which I think is ‘ruwaH’ = a cold, and ‘ana mruwH’ (m.) /
‘ana mruwHa’ (f.) for ‘I’ve got a cold’ - Native Speakers, help us here, please. :slight_smile:

@ Ouazzani - Thanks for your joke - good one !

Here’s another one : waHd suwl SaHbu 3la m3na ‘pourquoi’, w huwa iqul lu : “3lash”,
w qal lu : " la ghir suwltek"

Someone asked his friend about the meaning of 'pourquoi', 
                            and he (the friend) said, "Why"  and he (the 'someone') said,
                            "Just asking" (lit. I asked you - suwltek)

Ooooh I thought he meant that he has a cold (the flu etc.) as opposed to “being cold” hmmm

LOL your joke is funnier when read in its darija form, the english gives it away :smiley: thanks lise_c

Sorry for the late reply.

wahed lboulissi l9a wahed rajel sakran m3a 12 dial lille ou gal lihe
One police officer found a man drunk at 12 at night, and told him

“Take out your card” and he replied to him drunk “Meditel or Tissalat? (2 major phone companies)” (In Morocco when they say this they mean your La Carte National AKA ID Card)

the policeman told him “you are joking/playing around with me” and began beating him

beating him until he was exhausted/to the point of passing out and told him “allright, how did you like this recharge”

gualih sakrane “hamdoullah machi mdoubla”.
the drunk said (to him)" Thank god (it) isn’t doubled"

Like stated by Madridista, they have a promotion where you get double the value if you buy re-charge cards at certain times.

Found this somewhere on the site posted previously by maarten:

jouj sarqu banka, mshau l-DDar kay7asbu.
3yaw, wa7ed gal l-sa7bu: ghir n3ass daba,
ygoulu f-lakhbar sh7al sraqna.

2 thieves robbed a bank and then they went home to count -how much they stole-, they got tired so one of the friends said “let’s just sleep, we’ll see the amount we stole in the news -the next day-”

:slight_smile:

[quote=lise_c]@ Aisha - I think fih lberd = to be / to feel cold
as opposed to ‘to have a cold’ (to be ill), which I think is ‘ruwaH’ = a cold, and ‘ana mruwH’ (m.) /
‘ana mruwHa’ (f.) for ‘I’ve got a cold’ - Native Speakers, help us here, please. :)[/quote]
Thanks very much, lise_c, for your light :). I really meant to be / to feel cold. And in darija -in north- you can say ana mruwH and drabni lberd. (I get a cold). So you where also right, LA