Game 3 - Word Association Game

[quote=lisec]weld - > qbiH = naughty :cry: :fouet:

next : H / 7

( next = tabe3 ???)[/quote]
As you know already, you can either use: L7rf jjây (next letter), or llî mn b3d (comes next).

Exactly :^^:.

That’s a GOOOOOD one. I can’t believe you know this word :mdr:.

You know the nînnî yâ mômmô song? :hap:

The newborn baby party that we have on the 7th day of a baby’s birth is called in Darija: sbô3. It comes from the word: sb3a, seven. The MSA word for it is: 3aqîqa.

Looking forward to seeing you back to action :hap:.

That was a long interruption!
There we go again.

Since MR and Nuwwara took the same word, I’ll go with MR’s since she posted first.

Banka --> Krâvâtta. [Men who were in banks have always to wear a tie]

[quote=SimplyMoroccan][quote=lisec]fashel -> mkeDDer - depressed ( according to Harrell’s Dictionary )

huwa mkeDDer bezaf had l-iyum. He’s been very depressed lately.[/quote]
That’s actually not with ? but with ?: [large]???[/large]. And that, my friend, is a pure MSA word.
You can use the word mqllq instead, it describes a lot of feelings: Sad, depressed, disappointed, etc.[/quote]
That’s something really stupid with the Harrell transcription he put dots under the d when it’s actually a dal. Like he had written always Dar instead of dar.

You know the nînnî yâ mômmô song? :hap:[/quote]
No, I don’t. I just know that’s a bad idea to call a Moroccan Mohamed “Momo”, if he is not actually a baby.

I keep it simple.

Krâvâtta -> rjâl (normally only men wear them).

rjal -> le7ya (beard)

le7ya (beard) - sche3ra (hair)

welcome back lisec!

Shukran, nuwwara.

sh3ra (hair) --> 7rira (There’s a hair in my soup !)

I just want to correct something up there, in darija we say sh3ar NOT ch3ra

7arira(soup)>>> La3dess(lentils)

Hello everybody.
I know the nini ya mumu song. Here goes with my Fus7alized transcription…
Nini ya mumu 7ta Ttyb 3ashana; Ila ma Tabsh 3ashana ga Ttyb 3asho jiranna.

[quote=nuwwara][quote=SimplyMoroccan][quote=lisec]fashel -> mkeDDer - depressed ( according to Harrell’s Dictionary )

huwa mkeDDer bezaf had l-iyum. He’s been very depressed lately.[/quote]
That’s actually not with ? but with ?: [large]???[/large]. And that, my friend, is a pure MSA word.
You can use the word mqllq instead, it describes a lot of feelings: Sad, depressed, disappointed, etc.[/quote]
That’s something really stupid with the Harrell transcription he put dots under the d when it’s actually a dal. Like he had written always Dar instead of dar.[/quote]
I know practically nothing about Harrell’s book, and I’ll probably need to get one to just know what everybody is talking about :hap:.
Well see, dâr actually is prunounced like D. But when written in Arabic letters, it has to be with dâl, since that’s how the word is in MSA, so the D is considered just a matter of pronunciation. Harrel is right then on that one.

You know the nînnî yâ mômmô song? :hap:[/quote]
No, I don’t. I just know that’s a bad idea to call a Moroccan Mohamed “Momo”, if he is not actually a baby.[/quote]
Here is it about the song.
People mostly use Simo to call Mohamed. That’s shortened from Ssî Mohamed = Mister Mohamed. Berbers do not use Simo though.
And yes, it would be kind of offending to call a man “momo”…

Welcome back lisec. It’s good to see you with us again :).

Uh-uh! We do say sh3ra, when it’s one single hair.

[quote=ummaryam99]Hello everybody.
I know the nini ya mumu song. Here goes with my Fus7alized transcription…
Nini ya mumu 7ta Ttyb 3ashana; Ila ma Tabsh 3ashana ga Ttyb 3asho jiranna.[/quote]
Hey! Didn’t see your post again. Kept coming gradually, checking post by post.
Only small mistakes: Ga is an extra touch from you, I think you meant it to be ka, the prefix for the present continuous?
3asho = They lived. You meant 3sha.
Please check it out in the link I provided. It has the translation, and even a link to listen to it.

I hope that I didn’t interrupt the fun :).

Back to the game…

L3ds (lentils) --> 7dîd (iron)

7did - > me3den (metal) - according to Harrell’s Dictionary