A to Z word game in Tachelhit

Hallo everybody:welcome:

as the rules are known by the A to Z words game in Darjia we can start right now.

So, I start with A

A - aryul : donkey

Who knows a word with B? ( To be honest, … ähm…I think I don´t know one…:unsure:)

B - ?

hmmmm, can we cheat by using darija words too since tashel7it has adopted many darija words :wink:

B - Batata
(Potato)

correct me if its wrong peopleeeee

B - you shoulda said “baddass” , it’s a food :ok:

Hallo LallaAicha & Paperbird,

nice to meet you here again :ok: - LallaAicha, if you mark the darija words as such nothing speaks against it. Perhaps we can find out the Tachelhit equivalents.

As I have the c now I say

c: chach - that is how the big Turban-scarf-thing is called (also “arseij” sometimes)

[quote=Kazin]Hallo everybody:welcome:

as the rules are known by the A to Z words game in Darjia we can start right now.

So, I start with A

A - aryul : donkey

Who knows a word with B? ( To be honest, … ähm…I think I don´t know one…:unsure:)[/quote]
R as in French r.
So that’s aghyoul/aghyôl.

[quote=LallaAïcha]B - ?

hmmmm, can we cheat by using darija words too since tashel7it has adopted many darija words ;)[/quote]
Only if there is really no Tachel7it equivalent.

[quote=LallaAïcha]
B - Batata
(Potato)

correct me if its wrong peopleeeee[/quote]
Correct this time ;).

It’s actually baddaz (mn hna daz :D).
For those who don’t know it, it’s what I’d call dry couscous… with a special kind of semolina.

[quote=Kazin]Hallo LallaAicha & Paperbird,

nice to meet you here again :ok: - LallaAicha, if you mark the darija words as such nothing speaks against it. Perhaps we can find out the Tachelhit equivalents.

As I have the c now I say

c: chach - that is how the big Turban-scarf-thing is called (also “arseij” sometimes)[/quote]
Hmmm… weren’t you supposed to use c for an s sound?

Chach… never heard of it. I must say, your Tachel7it vocabulary is quite different than mine, Kazin. So I’ll stick to mine.
I don’t know thus if I should approve or discard your word.

My turn for d!

Dâ7 = Again, once more, one more time.

[color=#FB1203]- Moved to the Tachel7it forum -
[/color]

This is the place to be for this thread.

Hallo Simply Moroccan,

Chach is how the word was written in an eMail for me. Spoken it sounds like shash - so it really in sounding like an s- sound. :ok:

I can very well imagine that “my” Tachelhit words are very different from yours because of many reasons. First I (as a German) collected them while travelling and just wrote them down phonetically as I think I had heared them. But every speaker pronounces a bit different… Perhaps some of them don´t really exist but I only thought to hear and understand something which was not said and meant like what I heared and understood at all… :mdr:
Second I found out, that people often use very different words for the same thing if you only go a little distance furter… On the one Hand this fact is very interesting, on the other hand also frustrating (for learners…)

Anyway I am real interested in every word I can get, and If - for example you - can understand any of “mine”… so you are very welcome anytime

@everybody

two words i am quite sure about with E are

• efk /akka : give
  • ehma : hot

I am very unsure about these ones I learned in one place and never heared again:

• eheroin : clothes
  • eshkha : difficult in handling (used to attribute a young dromedaire thad did not have leared to follow the lead calmly yet)

Heja out there,

here I am again, feeling a bit alone here. …

Anyway, i think a word with F might be

frhagh - i am happy :^^:

Come on, next word is with G…

Heh, I’m having a hard time getting on with work so I checked Wiki and found the preposition gr-/gra (between) :^^:

Good one :smiley:

So I go on with H

hashem (hshm?) = shy

(ar) hashemgh - I am shy
Or hashemgh - I am not shy

Imazighen :^^: There must be tonnes of words with i if that’s the plural marker, but I know literally no words in Tachelhît…

Heja Jonquix

… but you are here and make me feel not so alone :ty:

I don´t know a word with J…
but I am going to search for one:pilot:

al assera (see you later)

Mm, a game is not fun play alone :no: We’ll await the J :ok:

But hey, join the countries game as well in the fun zone! :^^:

:hah: I found one ( in an internet lexicon :wistle:)

J = jujjeg = to blossom, to be in flower

k should be easier :slight_smile:

Khrah hehe no jk

Khizzo = carrot

L - lul (to be born) , lluz ( to be hungry) :smiley:

thanks to the dictionary that Kazin linked me to :slight_smile: tanmirtttttt akhty