world cup 2010

aha :ok: why can’t some people be more like you in their thinking

some media tries to ruin it all, and I’m sure you understand me & what I mean :wink: Anyway, baraka mn syasa (Madi, gud student i am, right? :D)

Thank you Aisha, u make me feel that I’m anyway wise :smiley: chukran 7abibty :slight_smile:

hahaha l3afw, you ARE wise ya anisa :stuck_out_tongue: my arabic teacher is Egyptian, and she told us SPECIFICALLY that we should NEVER mix up anisa w 3anisa :stuck_out_tongue: you know why right :smiley:

I agree, the media can go and jump off a bridge :hm:

LOL @ anisa and 3anisa…I didn’t notice how close they are…OMG! :smiley:
yeah although they are that close, they really differ in meaning, loool

rabena yustor…

Btw, my arabic teacher is such a sweet woman who is also learning turkish… I really like her, she even dresses in Turkish outfits to class :smiley: which is why she has trouble hearing us sometimes, turkish hijabs are soooo thick :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I had some :slight_smile:
and a turkish friend, called Aicha too (but this tym sure she’s not you cause she study here) well, she showed me how to wear hijab like Turkish women. Professors, female of course, in my father’s department at the univ always wear it that style too :slight_smile:

wowww :smiley: nice to hear… I like those ones but I can’t wear them coz its hard in my language classes, too much noise anyway plus I gotta hear the teacher properly

you know, i always contemplate about studying at al azhar once i finish uni here… but i don’t think its possible, I need to do a lotttt before I can get accepted… too hard…

I thought you didn’t wear hijab at university. Anyway my friend doesn’t study at azhar, but ain shams, if u know it :slight_smile:

U wanted to study Islamic studies at Al-azhar or just in another field? :slight_smile:

ooooh I thought u knew that I’m not studying in Turkey, I’m actually in Australia doing my bachelors, once I’m finished we wanna move back to turkey inchallah… can’t wait

Islamic studies fo’ sho’ :smiley: I wanna be a multilingual sheikha :stuck_out_tongue: I-can-keep-dreaming

ah, yeah, so my info is still right, lol

yeah, i didnt know where u are studying, that I thought u’re not wearing hijab … :expressionless: m3lich

Good luck anyway anywhere too sis :slight_smile:

thanks, same to you. keep in mind though that hijab is not banned everywhere in tr, well technically and by law it is, but some kind people (I mean university/school boards etc) allow it, but if somebody complains, then gulp. Ask your dad about Ilahiyat, that’s where I wanna go as an alternative to al azhar nchallah :smiley: and I heard girls over there wear their usual hijab, but a hat over it, so it’s not seen as an “islamic” symbol, but a fashion statement -coz the hijab isn’t that apparent under the hat/beanie-, hence they can’t tell her to take it off… smart eh?

sis, I’ve been hijabi for a very long time now, and I love it :smiley:

yup they’ve really upped their game thank god just hope they go through inshallah lol
god i remember that epic game where turkey played against germany or was it Portugal (i think :S) and they won it 4rm being 2 down, if I remember, now that was a good game :okay:
Other then that im with u Mad when it comes to Spain was so glad when they won :smiley:

[quote=LallaAïcha]thanks, same to you. keep in mind though that hijab is not banned everywhere in tr, well technically and by law it is, but some kind people (I mean university/school boards etc) allow it, but if somebody complains, then gulp. Ask your dad about Ilahiyat, that’s where I wanna go as an alternative to al azhar nchallah :smiley: and I heard girls over there wear their usual hijab, but a hat over it, so it’s not seen as an “islamic” symbol, but a fashion statement -coz the hijab isn’t that apparent under the hat/beanie-, hence they can’t tell her to take it off… smart eh?

sis, I’ve been hijabi for a very long time now, and I love it :D[/quote]
Yeah, I’ve heard of the later too…
when I was at ur age or at my last year in univ, it was fours years ago since I wore it…tabarak Allah fiki ya shosho :wink:

:slight_smile: 7ta tabarakallahu 3lik akhty… I don’t know if you’ve ever been to the west, but you feel even more special out there when you’re wearing a hijab, you feel distinct and unique… or I’m just dreaming :stuck_out_tongue:

no actually I cant feel that…
well you can feel proud, but you never know how others see you or feel towards you. They see it as a symbol, while we wear it because Allah asked us to do so, but unfortunately they are not understanding and don’t want to…

see the topic “world cup 2010” how it was started and to how it may gonna end :hm: [thru evolution!]

Some stare at you as though u posess 6 arms or sth whilst others see it as, dare I say it, pretty . And then there r those who just dnt give a flying monkey and respect u for what u believe in, well in the UK they’re like that anyway lol :smiley:

u c why u mustnt watch a football match with women :s

I think mini was talking about veiled girls in non-Muslim countries, cause me & Aisha have switched the topic…i think (w Allah-o a3lam!)

miniii i can totally relate sis, honestly i don’t give a hoot about what people think when they see me, i know myself, i know what my purpose is, who cares about them and their confused thoughts… and its funny coz most ppl (those who dont watch the news) dont know that we wear it as part of the religion “islam”… my friend who’s also hijabi was asked: “sorry, are you buddhist?” xD

loool 6 arms… wait till they see i got 8, not 6 xD