Wesh 7al/ sh7al

Hey all, hope ur all doin good inshallah :hap:

Just wanna know what “Wesh 7al” means or if its actually “sh7al” as in one word or said quickly?
Does it mean “how much?” :huh:
I dunno I think I heard my Aunty say it when we were shoppin lol
merci in advance :smiley:

and also what does “lamma(m?) baghiyat khalleeny murad” mean? Im writing what I heard in a song but I don’t know if the begining is actualli “lamma” coz Im sure u dnt say Lamma in darja for “when…”

Shukran bzaf ppl!

Is there no one around to answer this Q?? lol :blink:

Yeah, “sh7al” means “how much/how many” :slight_smile:

I don’t know about the other sentence though :frowning:

ok Thanks for that :smiley:

Can someone pweety please answer the 2nd part of the question??? :hap:

mini , if “wesh 7al” is algerian , it may have another meaning ; i think ive heard an algerian sayin this
otherwise , if it is one word … moulay is right

about the other sentence ; can u post the song here

lamma(m?) baghiyat khalleeny murad"

my amateur guess is that :

lamma = i think its a negative clause marker (?) - or the other possibility is that it means “mum” but thats just a wild guess lol
baghit = I want
khalleny = leave me
murad = Murad :smiley:

but i wouldn’t know what that means as a sentence, peut-etre: I don’t want you to leave me Mourad (??)

[quote=Madridista]mini , if “wesh 7al” is algerian , it may have another meaning ; i think ive heard an algerian sayin this
otherwise , if it is one word … moulay is right

about the other sentence ; can u post the song here[/quote]
Yeah I think its one word, I just thought the “wesh” part might have been said like “sh” in a quick way :smiley: as for the song its here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP7cQ9Lnt30

[quote=LallaAïcha]lamma(m?) baghiyat khalleeny murad"

my amateur guess is that :

lamma = i think its a negative clause marker (?) - or the other possibility is that it means “mum” but thats just a wild guess lol
baghit = I want
khalleny = leave me
murad = Murad :smiley:

but i wouldn’t know what that means as a sentence, peut-etre: I don’t want you to leave me Mourad (??)[/quote]
haha no I dnt think it means mum, but as for your other guesses, thats exactly what i came up with, but it didn’t make sense, so I want to know what the whole sentence means :smiley:

lol fair dinkum, let’s wait for the dude to help you out :slight_smile:

lol yeah, well I did post the song, so hopefully that’ll be cleared up :smiley:

duuude i tried ur link many times , it doesnt work at all
they say :

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

and ive waited more than 10 hours :s

ps- just gimme the song’s title ill google it

[quote=Madridista]duuude i tried ur link many times , it doesnt work at all
they say :

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

and ive waited more than 10 hours :s

ps- just gimme the song’s title ill google it[/quote]
Damn it why? It should work ok :huh: well its called: Cheb Douzi: el wlf s3ib

Hopefully you’ll find it :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP7cQ9Lnt3o

here’s the link again and this time it worked for me :hap:

You got good taste ?n mus?c i must say !! :okay:

Shukran bzzaf ya 3isha, I love Cheb Douzi all his songs are wicked w noss! lol :hap:

hahahahahhaha i was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure about that ; loooolll ur learning ur darija from Rai music heheheheheh well i must respect tastes ofcourse , but im so sorry i cant listen to that :s
maybe another native here can do that :slight_smile:

yayyyy mini i like Cheb Douzi tooo, well not him, but his songs… some :smiley: there’s one song of his that a special friend told me about, and its “Laki Galbi”, its got an aweeeeesome beat, was hooked onto it for a while, though it;s not in darija but in fos7a :wink:

Madrid don’t be mean and just do it, you’ll be rewarded with… a rai cd… what more could you ask for? hhhhhh no seriously, tfaddal llah ykhllik akhoya…

:slight_smile:

[quote=Madridista]hahahahahhaha i was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure about that ; loooolll ur learning ur darija from Rai music heheheheheh well i must respect tastes ofcourse , but im so sorry i cant listen to that :s
maybe another native here can do that :)[/quote]
Well it doesn’t really harm me coz as you said Rai songs use mostly Algerian words so that’s beneficial for moi and pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety please translate it!!! :plz: Don’t listen to the whole thing, just listen to the first sentence and the choras w khalas! I know el wlf s3ib means the separation is hard but what does he say at the end of those sentences??

[quote=LallaAïcha]yayyyy mini i like Cheb Douzi tooo, well not him, but his songs… some :smiley: there’s one song of his that a special friend told me about, and its “Laki Galbi”, its got an aweeeeesome beat, was hooked onto it for a while, though it;s not in darija but in fos7a :wink:

Madrid don’t be mean and just do it, you’ll be rewarded with… a rai cd… what more could you ask for? hhhhhh no seriously, tfaddal llah ykhllik akhoya…

:)[/quote]
haha I know! I love “laki Qalbi” its sooo cool that the whole song is in Fus7a, makes it soo easy to understand it! lol Have you heard “Ayli Ayli” now that is my fav :smiley:

LOL @ the Rai cd part, me thinks that’s not gonna work as a bribery hahahaha but u will get the reward of helping ur fellow sis out who is in dire need of help (ok not dire need, just dying to know lol) what more could u ask?! lol