Welcome! Introduce yourself

This corner is for new comers to introduce themselves.

Ceci est un coin pour les présentations des nouveaux membres.

Hello. Salaam . Bonjour
I am Adam
. Currently living in the UK
I have several friends who live in Morocco (mostly in Meknes) and I have joined so I can get to learn more of the everyday language and be able to share thoughts and opinions with them. I don’t need “tourist” type words and phrases, it’s more like feelings and stuff that you don’t see on the usual Learn Darija sites. I m trying to chat with one in particular who is away from home and feeling lonely and worried about the future.
Hope you get my drift. :slight_smile:

Salam. My name is Linda. I live in the US, but speak German (grew up there), French (teach it) and Spanish (I live in the US, English and Spanish are important). I have begun to learn Darija because I will travel back to Morocco in a year and I want to meet people and be able to speak to them in their own language. I am hoping to find people who are willing to study perhaps together, work on pronunciation, work on dialogs and the like.

I’m excited that there is a Moroccan Arabic forum!

Cheers,

Linda

Salamalykum agi’s.

Ana smithi Chahid,
w ana fi Hollande.
w kanat3alem darija.
w hope that i can learn a lot here.
The envoirement looks great and
can’t wait to make progress and to meet poeple here.

Shukran bzzf for reading,

Salamalykum,

Chahid

Hi all,

I’m Neil, new to the forum and glad to be here. I’ve travelled around Morocco a few times and this year I’m going to live in Fez for a couple of months where I have a couple of friends. I’d like to be able to chat to people in basic Darija, and to gain enough basic knowledge to get deeper into the culture, get to know people and practise while I’m there.

Great to find this forum!

Neil

Merhaba, smiti Ebyan. Ana min Somalia wa UK.
I’m thinking about moving to either UAE or Morocco. I’m leaning towards Morocco as I can get permanent residency there plus Morocco actually felt like home even with the language barrier. I can’t imagine what it would feel like after I’ve learnt the language.

So glad to see other people from different nationalities having the same interest to learn this language. Definitely encouraging and helps me to feel less crazy about relocating :joy: