to rent, to paint, and other questions plz

• Vrai ou faux:
    The man whose house you were renting is a painter. = “lrajl illi krati ldar dyalo sbaagh”.
    Knowing that “to rent” means kra, and “to paint” means sbagh

2- In a Moroccan folklore song, there is a line which says:
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? [aji ldek l7oma lli nkon feha ana]
is it “l7oma” that Aisha asked about before? [cause I didn’t imagine to be written like that in arabic?]
And what does that line mean?

3- what do these mean in Darija?
just kidding
to make fun of sb
too/as well/also (or the like words tat give the sense of addition to)
as well as/ like/ look like (…etc)

et merci beaucoup en avance :slight_smile:

The man whose house you were renting is a painter. = “lrajl illi krati ldar dyalo sbaagh”.
Knowing that “to rent” means kra, and “to paint” means sbagh

====> rajel lli kriti dar dialo sbagh

yes to rent is ‘‘kra’’ abd to paint is ‘‘sbegh’’ , ‘‘sbagh’’ means a painter

2- In a Moroccan folklore song, there is a line which says:
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? [aji ldek l7oma lli nkon feha ana]
is it “l7oma” that Aisha asked about before? [cause I didn’t imagine to be written like that in arabic?]
And what does that line mean?

===> yes its the same word LA asked about
and d whole sentence means : come to the neighbourhood where I am

3- what do these mean in Darija?
just kidding = ghir kantfela / ghir kand7ek
to make fun of sb = tfella 3la chi wa7ed / d7ek 3la chi wa7ed
those r slang = t9erden chi wa7ed / tele3 toubia 3la chi wa7ed /… ( fach ntfeker more i’ll post them )

===> 3yit lool nakol w nji nkemel

as far as i understood; yeah sure bse7a …
and thanks alot for the rest so far so much

ooh thnx :stuck_out_tongue:

ok lets go back to ur question :

look like = kaychbeh
like = b7al

the others i prefer examples plz

Nice work Gretchel and Mad.

I can’t be with you as I would like, hard work these days, but I keep an eye from time to time. You never know when the big white shark could bit… Beware the “gran blanco”, Gret. Sharp fangs…

Seriously, thanks.

looooooooooollll i really want to c ur face after the clasico match :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh I die for this moment to come!!! (Remember the last OOOOOOne?) :na:

duuuuude this is not gonna last forever :stuck_out_tongue:
be sure of that :wink:

SHHHHHHHHH you both…btw u should need a thread special for you two to quarrel as you like…uffff :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you both Mad and Ouaz
Mad, thnx so far. I’ll see if i’ll give example or try to figure it out by myself to see if that’s sufficient or not…i dont want to a3dbak anymore…i collected synonyms btw

makayn la 3adab la walo … 3adabk ra7a ( thats pur egyptian adapted to darija :wink: )
yeah try by urself and let me c

khalououuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuniiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, khalouuuuuuuuuuuuuuniiiiiiiiiiiiii… khalouuuuuuuuuuniiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 3laaaaaaaaa rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…
You remembered me this song, Mad.

Have you listened Souad Massi, Gretchen? She is from Algeria. Nice songs. If no, try it with “Khalouni” and “Raoui” in the live disk.

Mad,
mafish ta3ab wala 7aga…ta3abek ra7a
merci lik da bas mn zo2ak…ana keda khalassssss

Ouaz, alll of the above is egyptian, dont bother plz…
and no i didnt hear it. Algerians that I know and like their songs are cheb faudel, cheb khaled, mohamed lameen…the only female singer I know is folla and she doesnt sing rai. I dont listen rai alot cause i understand nothing in fact…

ouazz remember this
i just HATE rai music :stuck_out_tongue:

What makes you think it’s rai!!! Faaaaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from raï.

Seriously, try it. You will be surprised. Excelent lyrics. I became mad with those two songs (Khalouni and Raoui), but she have a lot more. And she sings in algerian darija (and some in french) that’s close to moroccan.

I don’t understand Masri, Gretchen. I would like, but first of all, darija. Then, incha allah, fus7a. Third, 3del Imam language :slight_smile:

I heard a song called “Khalouni” by a tunisian singer called Latifa…I understand al7amdulellah NOTHING…bla fakhr

and lol @ 3del Imam’s language…it became his?..If u want to listen to slang u should watch a movie for ahmed mekky or listen to his songs and other egyptian rappers…But I dont think that out language belongs to 3adel Imam, I love him ok, but he’s from the older generation!! I wonder why is that impression?!

yes true this is not rai but it still sux :stuck_out_tongue: it need more TEMPO

Oh, i didn’t mean anything talking about 3del Imam language, sorry. I don’t understand a word from Masri, except “Lamuakhzen” and “Dilwaaaaaaatiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii”. But I’ve been wathcing some films with 3del Imam: Assifara fil3aimara, and things like this. But when i watched “The people from the bus” I was really surprised. I love this kind of films.

And sorry, but’s late in Morocco: 1:05, so… layla sa3ida, a7lam ladida w tsbaH 3la khair!!!

bye ouazz

btw, i didnt watch e7na bto3 elautubis cause every1 watched it get depressed, wl karnak, and those kind that tackles a specific period in msr… I think that Adel Imam (& Mohamed Sob7i) are great in that they did not only act comedy but even tragedy when they’re really gorgeous…
I think “Lamuakhzen” you mean “lamo2akhza” maybe means excuse me, but we almost dont use it nowadays, and yeah “delwa2ty” is so masri…

anyways, wnta mn ahl lkhair ya Ouaz

and karakoun f chari3 :stuck_out_tongue: i used to like it
and yeaaaah e7taress men el khot hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh adel with lebleba