short question :D:D merci d'avance!

somebody said “Ma3andi mansalek” MarocRulz explained to me that it means ‘i don’t owe you anything’ but, like, what context is it used in?

In the context of you doing something really good and impressive, and probably not expected of you.
MarocRulz gave you the very literal translation of the expression, which helps in understanding the structure of the sentence.

Mâ 3ndî mâ ntsâlk, you seem to be progressing very well in Darija. :slight_smile:

ahhhhh, merci bzzzzzzzzzaf :smiley:
that makes sense how he said it! :hap:
‘ma ntsaalek’ is that from a verb or what?
thanks so much :slight_smile:

Mâ 3ndî = I don’t have.
Mâ = what.
Ntsâlk = I owe you.

The verb is tsâl.

OHHH, i seeee
thanks! :hap:

You’re welcome :).

mâ 3ndî = mâ-3ndî-sh ?

No -sh ending when followed by another verb (with negation, en plus!)

Examples:
Mâ 3ndî mâ ndîr = I got nothing to do.
Mâ 3ndî mâ ngôl = I got nothing to say.

Ah ok, I don’t think that is in any of my books. Also not the 2nd one?

Thank you.

Yes, as you could see. You add -sh only when a negation stands alone.
I didn’t learn that as a rule. As I always remind people here, I don’t refer to Darija books, nor to grammar that I might have studied. All I do is imagine sentences, compare different cases, conclude the rule, and try to find the exceptions. Then, I post my conclusions here.

And I do really appreciate what your doing!

But from that rule it’s still ma-bGit-sh nakul. Oh, I remember now something the 2nd ma is the reason why there is no -sh there was something in my book. I’m going to sleep and later today (as it’s already past midnight), I get that straight.

…and thanks for that, SM! :smiley:
i learnt some more there; yaaaay :hap:

hé, j’ai une autre question :hap:
how would you say “as … as …” like 'you’re as cool as ice-cream!"
:smiley:

EN PLUS; i know “twa7echt” is “i miss”
does “staa7cht” count too? tunisians use it, so i was wondering of moroccans do too? :hap:

ignore my last 2 posts, i found them out :hap:
now, also, i have a question: moroccans say “ila” to mean if, right? in arabic, we say “itha”, so i was just wondering, is it a spelling thing, or is it pronounced iLa too? merci :slight_smile:

You’re right actually. Reading it now, I realize it’s because of the 2nd mâ.

So what did you find out about “as + adjective + as”?

Ila too? What do you mean too? I don’t understand your question :).
But yes, if is ila.

i meant, is it only spelt with an L, or is the L pronounced as well? :hap: but you’ve answered me; thanks!

and also, here:

ana twila kil samaa :hap:

that’s what raissoun taught me!! :smiley:
you use “ki” like “comme”, even in the song Mon Bled, he says “ana nteer ki l7mamaa”
but i also think it’s a little like “que”, like you say “ana bkheer KI sbe7ti nti bkheer” so that’s like “that” a little, can’t explain :smiley:

Oh no, basically in Darija, every written letter is prunounced. Nothing is there for decoration ;). See, it’s transcription. We write things as they sound.