short question :D:D merci d'avance!

[quote=tukha]and also, here:

ana twila kil samaa :hap:

that’s what raissoun taught me!! :smiley:
you use “ki” like “comme”, even in the song Mon Bled, he says “ana nteer ki l7mamaa”[/quote]
Well, for your first sentence… s is a solar letter, so it’s ssmâ. So the sentence is: Anâ Twîla kî ssmâ.
There is another word for “like/as”, it’s b7âl. Some people say it: f7âl. From here comes the expression b7âl b7âl = it’s all the same. Or kif kif, which is borrowed by French from Arabic. As a matter of fact, is actually shortened from the word kîf, that is used in the middle east for comparison as well.

In your second sentence, is also shortened from kîf/kayfa, so it means then: how. Like in “kîf 7âlek” used by middle easterners. That’s the same in kî dâyra? = How are you?

Makes sense?

But kun is also if but in different context.

Yes, it’s for the past tense, or for “if only” sentences.

i understand about ila, thankyou SM :slight_smile:
wallahi so much easier without decorative letters LOL! :hap:

OHHH, i understand SM! b7al, thanks for teaching me that word, didn’t know it :hap:
i understand it all, it’s great! and sh7aaaaaaal means “how much”, just thought i’d throw that in there only cos i know it LOL :smiley:
and yeahhh, i knew about kif kif, and i guessed it was from arabic! awesomee :slight_smile: AND TOUBIB, i was so happy and surprised to find that in a french dictionary LOL! it’s great :smiley:
so, “kun” is “kif” for the past tense?
anyway thanks SM and nuwwara :slight_smile:

No, it’s if: ila is for possible conditions and kun for contrary-to-fact conditions.

OH that’s what i meant hahaha :smiley: thankyou!
so do you change it for feminine, like how would you say “if only she was pretty”?
“kun raha zwina” ?

Well, you didn’t change it now, did you? :hap:
If only = Kôn ghîr

If only she was pretty = Kôn ghîr kânt zwîna.

i didn’t :lol: i couldn’t think how! thankyou SM, Allah ybarek fek :hap:

A small reminder: Allah ybark fik is a response to: Mabrouk. The thanking expression is actually: Baraka Allahu fik.

ohhhh yeah! silly me hits head :hap: choukran!