Sh3bi vs Berber / Sh3bi ou berbère?

Which one of the two do you like and enjoy more?
Any examples? (Singers or bands names)

Lequel des deux aimez-vous plus?
Donnez-nous des exemples de chanteurs ou bandes.

Singers… and a few bands… but, i like the individual singers…

Those are actually styles of music. Sh3bi is a popular style, like by Daoudi, and sang in Darija either by individual or groups. And Berber is traditonal. Rais Tijani in the other thread is a kind of modern example of Berber music.

i defenitly prefer Berber music!
i am fond of raîs El Hossein El Baz songs!:okay::okay:

I recently discovered a new (americano amazigh) group wich name is AZA…it will not leave you indifferend!

listen and enjoy: http://www.azamusic.com/media.html

chaaabi :smiley: - HAjja hamdawiya… nashat :slight_smile:

It’s all a matter of background influences. I know many Berbers who love sha3bi, but not too many Arabs who like Berber music. Berber music kind of mixes up with your blood and enters your veins. :hap:

MarocRulz, ha nashat ha howwa shâT :^^:.
When I think about sha3bi, it’s not the shîkhât style that would have me interested. I am not even sure about titles that I used to like. I’ll let you know when I find out :hap:.

Kounouz, thanks for the link. I only watched the documentary, I’ll check out their music later.

i like both…in a ghood balance…i appreciate berber music cause i listen to songs calm,very relaxing almost by OUDADEN(by the way…what does this name mean?:blink: ) and sometimes i watch on tv groups singing it(i think they are berbers for the style…)
and in chaabi i like statia and i like to search for new groups,try many artists…

Oudaden is the plural of oudad, which is an animal that looks like a deer, but with a different kind of corns. I don’t even know what it’s called in Arabic. My all time favorite song of Oudaden is Dîf Allah. Last summer, they performed in a wedding I attended; I wasn’t that much satisfied, but they are good!
[@ Kounouz: Do you know what’s the equivalent of Oudaden in French or English?]

ooooooh…i love dif allah…i love it.i begin with this song to listen to oudaden…great:okay:

You know what it means?

Dîf Allah, a tarwa n tmazirtino
Dîf Allah, yakor gîs l3îb i7 sâwl7

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Oudaden is the plural of oudad, which is an animal that looks like a deer, but with a different kind of corns. I don’t even know what it’s called in Arabic. My all time favorite song of Oudaden is Dîf Allah. Last summer, they performed in a wedding I attended; I wasn’t that much satisfied, but they are good!
[@ Kounouz: Do you know what’s the equivalent of Oudaden in French or English?][/quote]
I believed for a long time that it is the chamois. But after some investigations, i discovered that it is a sort of sheep which is called in english, barbary sheep or aoudad sheep.( aoudad or oudad is the singular of oudadn)

The scientific name is Ammotragus lervia and in french it is called mouflon à manchettes or Mouflon de Barbarie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_Sheep

http://www.ultimateungulate.com/Artiodactyla/Ammotragus_lervia.html

[@ SimplyMoroccan: there are two other words which we can explain: do you know the meaning of ajda3/ijda3n and aznkd/ikenzad? thanx]

:hap:

Barbary sheep!

This matches the description of my mother. She actually said it was more of a sheep than a deer. Thanks for the clarification, Kniza :).

As for those words, I’ll have to ask my mother again, she knows better :). But I guess aznkd is a deer, isn’t it? As we say “beautiful as aznkd”. Almâl, almâl ! (LOL)

yes, i am agree with you, aznkd is probably a deer.:ok:

I really don’t know what ajda3 is. I heard it in one song but i dont remember the name of this song at all.
the word ajda3 was associated to white color: ajda3 omlil

i have found a définition for Ajda3 wich is a foal according to Emile Laoust in his “Cours de berbère marocain, dialectes du Sous, du Haut et de l’Anti-Atlas” (1936)

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]You know what it means?

Dîf Allah, yakor gîs l3îb i7 sâwl7[/quote]
eeehm…i have no idea…but i remember -ino it’s to mean my…(:huh: boh!!) but i don’t know the translation of this words…any help…:cry:

i 'll explain the term Dîf allah. Dîf means guest. Formerly, when people were traveling, they were asking for somewhere to sleep and some food to eat by using this expression.
this expression means textually god’s guest. People could not refuse.
It was in a time when people still could trust in others!

je peux expliquer le terme Dîf Allah . Dîf signifie l’invité . Autrefois, quand les gens voyageaient , ils pouvaient demander le gîte et le couvert (pour un temps limité bien sûr) aux habitants là où ils passaient en employant cette expression.
Cette expression signifie textuellement invité de Dieu . Les gens ne pouvaient refuser (moralement). Ceci avait lieu à une époque où les gens pouvaient encore avoir confiance les uns dans les autres!

beautiful title…very beautiful…
but for me it’s a bit strange the group is called like “sheeps…” isn’t it??but they do good music tough.

on the pic, it looks like a big goat!:mdr::mdr:

In berber culture, oudad is seen as a symbol of beauty or maybe of majesty. what do you think about it SimplyMoroccan ?

[quote=sarahzina2][quote=SimplyMoroccan]You know what it means?

Dîf Allah, yakor gîs l3îb i7 sâwl7[/quote]
eeehm…i have no idea…but i remember -ino it’s to mean my…(:huh: boh!!) but i don’t know the translation of this words…any help…:cry:[/quote]
here Dîf Allah is an expression of supplication (that’s what i think.)
a tarwa ntmazirtino is textually oh childen of my country so i translate it by oh you, my compatriots.
yakor gîs l3îb i7 sâwl7 i translate it by is this badly if i say something…

That’s true, ino means my and as in arabic it is added at the end of the noun.

thanks Kounouz for the help :smiley: i don’t understand what they are singing…but this is a very beautiful part…