Salam everyone!!Please help me with a short translation!!!

Yep, the “Kauderwelsch” :-)))

There are a lot of mistakes in that book and it’s written by a Tunisi.

Thanks, everybody, for an interesting and enlightening (albeit confusing!) grammar discussion.

I always warn my students (of English) that grammar is not always ‘black and white’, it’s not like math, with only one correct answer.

But I must admit this is particularly confusing. Let’s console ourselves that we’ll probably be understood even
if we use a wrong form ( as long as we are not sending important txt messages :hap:)

Hi nuwwara,

yes, none of the books is perfect. Mostly I use the Peace Corp Manual.
In http://www.speakmoroccan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=10068#p10068 I asked for the opinions of the others about this book. I still would appreciate an answer… :slight_smile: (and even more: audio files to the book!!!).

Bsslama, Xsara

Yes, but still there are better books out there than the Kauderwelsch one. The best I know is the PCM and the one from Richard S. Harrell.
Some audio file you get or the PCM with the learn-moroccan-arabic yahoo group, they also use the book and some help with the lessons with my forum (I think you just joined it). I’ve also started with the PCM but stopped, because there isn’t an explanation to every word used in the texts.

I don’t think that is right. I have never heard of a region in Morocco where they don’t distinguish between singular male and singular female, although they do have only one word for you as a plural. …I think.

Yes, the plural has one form: ntômâ.

As for the unified way to address both F.S and M.S, even the pronoun is the same: ntînâ. As far as I know, this is exclusive to the city of Fez.

And not even everybody in Fes use it.