Salam Aliekum

Salam aliekum.

My name is Alimah and I just recently joined this site. I am a convert to Islam of 6 years. I am getting married this summer to a Moroccan man and he wants to hold a traditional wedding. I have never seen one, nor do I know what it entails or what to expect or what I have to say if anything :slight_smile:

Can someone help me with this please?

I am very excited that I came across this site because it seems like a wonderful place to meet others and learn more about this absolutley beautiful country and language.

Asslamu Alaikum; (peace be upon you) Dear Alimah

Allah says:

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” [al-Maa’idah 5:3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Allah gave this favour to the whole of humanity. Therefore any one can become a Muslim no matter what his/her race, language or colour is. No matter whether they are single, married, divorced or a child.

All sins committed before coming to Islam are forgiven. No matter how bad they were. They are forgiven. One who converts to Islam is totally reborn and starts with a clean record

Amen

Mar7ba bik Alimah ! :welcome:
welcome to the forum :smiley:
I’ve seen a Moroccan wedding (when the King got married) and it was great ! :lol:

mer7ba bik Alimah!!! :smiley:
there are some nice moroccan weddings on YouTube.
The Royal wedding was more than great :slight_smile:

Welcome to SpeakMoroccan Alimah, I am glad you found us. Are you planning to learn some Darija as well?
By the way, where are you writing from? And where do you plan to have your wedding? You know, wedding traditions vary from a city to another and from a family to another. This deserves a new topic :). Let me open it and present briefly how weddings are conducted in general, so that others can share also their videos, photos and comments.
To answer your question: No, you won’t need to say anything.
I’ll post a link to the weddings topic in a few. Let me go write something.

Let’s speak about Moroccan weddings, here.

Thank you for your kind words. I am starting to learn darija and would like to become fluent in it. I already speak french so I just have to master the darija language. I am living in MA right now :slight_smile: