Salam aleikum from Germany

Assalamu aleikum,

my name is Meryam and I´m a converted Muslima from Germany.

Since years I lost my heart in Morocco and enjoy each time the beauty of moroccan nature.

I visited mostly all corners in North Morocco and love places like Ifrane, Moulay Yacoub and and and :slight_smile:

I already understand moroccan pretty well, but I have problems to communicate with people due to missing vocabulary.

I´m glad I found this forum and I hope to find some good friends from all over the world to talk and discuss about Morocco.

I can communicate in english, french, german wa swiya maghrebia :slight_smile:

Besslama wa min bad inschallah :^^:

Meryam

Wa 3alaykoum assalam Meryam.

And welcome to speak moroccan forum. :welcome: :welcome:

Mr7ba bik Meryam. You’re not the only Meryam around by the way ;), we have another Meriem from Casablanca and she will sure pass by to welcome you too :D.
I love Ifran too, la ville a son propre charme ! I bet you know more corners of Morocco than I do.
As for Darija, don’t hesitate to start practicing and doing exercises in the exercises section, and ask as many questions as your heart wishes :).
See you around.

Thanks for your warm welcome :slight_smile:

Yes I would love to improve my moroccan as good as possible. I guess my problem is to pronounce the words the right way. I already had some very funny :blink: and sometimes very painful :oops: situations in Morocco when I mixed up some words.

Anyway…I will give my very best…just came back from Casa a few days ago…unfortunately the Lions of Atlas lost again @Africa Cup…so most moroccans are in a very bad mood :wink:

Oh, so you’ve been with us for the good and the bad :D. Apart from the bad mood, now people are divided between Egypt and Cameroun. Some are happy for the first, and some are sorry for the second.
Tell us about those embarassing moments when you mix up words :D. Come on, we’d love to know and you’ll be doing a big favor to others that should watch out from doing the same mistake! You can open a thread especially for that, maybe others have some stories like you.
Do you like Casablanca?

Hi :slight_smile:

The 1st match of our Atlas Lions I watched in a café in El Jadida…the atmosphere was excellent and I had a really good time there. During the Africa Cup I felt in love with Cote d´Ivoire (Drogba is really an exciting player)!

Mmmmhhh Casa? To be honest, I do not like Casa that much…it´s loud, crowded and the pollution is incredible…people are rushing all the time and sometimes it´s a nightmare to get a petit taxi :hap:
My favourite place is Azzemour and also Dar Bouazza!

Yeah I mixed up words very often…I said to a waiter at a restaurant, that I would love to eat a Tagine with “habibi”…sure I wanted to say “bibi” (turkey), but at this time I was so nervous that I mixed up these words.

Now I feel more self-confident and I´m able to have small conversations with moroccans without any problems…what is important for me is that I learn more words and complete also my grammar exercises.

This forum is nice and I already found some good exercises!

Here I am, the 2nd Meriem of the forum :smiley:

Welcome to you Meryam in SpeakMoroccan, funny story with the Tajine by the way, but I am sad you didn’t like Casablanca, I am joking :stuck_out_tongue:

:welcome: and see you around!

Salam aleikum 2nd Meriem :slight_smile:

labbas alik? Kulchi bechair ? :wink:

Ey wahhhhhhhhhh…l´medina Dar el beida suena, wa lakin kbira bsäf bsäf…:wink:

But I like the places around Casa and of course places like Ain Diab are always very nice, especially at night.

Are you living in Casa? I spent some time in Ain Borja, which is not far away from train station Casa Voyageurs. I know a very nice family there and they showed me most places of Casa including Derb Ghallef, which is an exciting “souk” :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I hope to hear from you and if I´m in Casa next time I hope to meet you for “atay” :slight_smile:

Besslama :slight_smile:

Meryam

Wa alaikum assalam wa raHmato allahi ta3ala wa barakoatoh a Meryam, ana labass alHamdolilah, and yes I live in Casa so when you’ll be here just tell me :slight_smile: alah yawedi ghir atay, marHba biiiik

Derb ghellef :smiley: very exciting !!! you speak darija very good as I see, and you know Casa more than me :stuck_out_tongue:

Barakallahufik Lalla Meriem :slight_smile: Atay wa msmen :lol: Yes I guess I know Casa inside out. A good friend of mine works at Casablanca Twin Center and when she has time she shows me really each corner of Casa :smiley:

If you have any chance to come to Germany one day…MARHABABIK !!!

I know it is difficult to get a VISA, but inschallah may be there is a way.

Cologne is a beautiful city!

Besslama :^^:

Hey meryem,
Welcome to Speak moroccan and enjoy your stay :smiley:

[quote=Meryam]Barakallahufik Lalla Meriem :slight_smile: Atay wa msmen :lol: Yes I guess I know Casa inside out. A good friend of mine works at Casablanca Twin Center and when she has time she shows me really each corner of Casa :smiley:

If you have any chance to come to Germany one day…MARHABABIK !!!

I know it is difficult to get a VISA, but inschallah may be there is a way.

Cologne is a beautiful city!

Besslama :^^:[/quote]
I didn’t saw your post, Thank you Meryam :slight_smile:

hey meryam! welcome to speakmoroccan
nice to have u among us!
Enjoy!

Wow :hap:, a double welcome from MarocRulz :D.

lol we like to welcome :smiley:

Mr7ba b Meryam f Speak Moroccan.

I would love to know how you learnt Darija, and how long it took you to be that good?