Please can you translate those to english. Thanks

you’re kidding right? i can smell the sarcasm :unsure: :smiley:

Original context:

I meant asela as she wrote it, not asel, sorry.
As2ila, plural of so2al, question.

Thanks Madridista for translation

please translate those below in english. thanks

slt younes cava kidyae m3a lkhdma mazyane saraha konte bagha nchoufak 9bale manmchi wlakin baliya baghadiche tbghi nta wlakin machi mochkile ana ra khrjate liya lviza ra khditha lyouma ou fhade chhare ghadi namchi kantmana nchoufak antsana ljwabe dyalk ok by

i’m not a native but i’ll translate the bits i know:

slt younes ca va kidayr m3a lkhadma = hi younes how are you, how’s work going?

konte bagha nchoufek 9bal manmchi = * ithink* i wanted to see you before i go

fhade chhare ghadi nmchi = in this month i will go…

antsana ljawab dialk ok by = im waiting for your reply ok bye

tbghi nta wlakin machi mochkile = … you want, but no problem…

i hope someone else comes along and does the whole thing for you :slight_smile:

pas du tout alalla! ra ghbart moda wa b9eiti 9asi7a, bla ti9a!..or something like that…youve been listening to the meaaan ones too long, i was serious!

hi younes whats up hows work going, good, in truth i wanted 2 see u before i left but [baliya baghadiche?] what you wanted but no problem the visa came for me i got it today and this month i’m going, i hope to see u and i wait for your reply ok by

hope that helps i couldnt figure the one phrase

what they said LA and ach was good i’ll add only : wlakin baliya baghadiche tbghi nta = but i c that u wont accept …

is it a typo, i understand balia (in my mind or to my thoughts yeah?), but baghadiche, should it be maghadiche??

yes it is maghadich … she made a lot of typos :wink:

pas du tout alalla! ra ghbart moda wa b9eiti 9asi7a, bla ti9a!..or something like that…youve been listening to the meaaan ones too long, i was serious![/quote]
ok, though i didn’t fully get the second part of your sentence, i’ll say thanks for the encouragement :smiley: and good luck to you too, though i don’t think you really need it.

well thats probably more cuz its not a good phrase than anything…i tried 2 say
ghbart moda- i went away for a while
b9eiti 9asi7a-- you have become hardened
bla ti9a-- no trust
because it seems like they are always teasing you mskina ;)…

but what i was talking about is i envy the time u can put into learning darija, seems like you do it without a teacher or books, and u find a lot of friends on the internet, watch a lot of clips and etc, wish i had the time or the knowledge on the computer how to do this…so i hope you can make more posts about what u do, and clip links, etc :okay:

LOLLL ok ok i see :slight_smile: thanks a lot, though i think you’re looking at it with a positive eye, hence you think my messed up darija has actually improved :stuck_out_tongue:

you’re right about the no teacher no books, i have many pdf files on moroccan darija but honestly cannot be bothered looking at them, and my teacher is pretty much this website :slight_smile:

about time, i personally waste a lot of time when instead i could be doing more beneficial things, and i mean i could be learning way more darija than i do, its because i don’t put in as much effort as you think… like you said, i watch videos, talk to people, listen to songs etc. and btw, its mostly songs and videos that help me, because im on the other side of the world & there is the “decalage” as they call it so i can’t speak often to most of my language buddies… camera nojoum is my best friend when it comes to phrases and words in darija & of course this forum… i’m here almost every day and i learn something new all the time, i note the words/phrases in my Microsoft Word file… which is 20 pages ATM :open_mouth: but i assure you, not even 20% of what’s in there, is actually stored in my memory :smiley:

and if you want any links/funny darija related stuff let me know and i can post what i got nchallah.
salam & take it easy. :slight_smile:

hmmmm but how did u get to the point of understanding songs and clips…for me, the hardest thing to understand is song lyrics…very hard to pick out the words…do u look at the words written down while u listen?? ill check out camera nojoum i never tried that…word

wellll i don’t always understand what i listen to, and that’s the thing, so i listen to the same track or watch the same video many many many many times until i start seeing/hearing it in my dreams :smiley: camera nojoum (esp. the one with OneVoiz) is really useful, at first the words were a bunch of jibberish to my ears, then i watched it again and again and again and began to understand words and phrases… in regards to song lyrics, most of the time i understand a few words here and there, so i look them up, but u know most songs in darija don’t have lyrics around, unless a kind person decides to write them down… so i count on my ears mostly… i can recommend some songs if you’re interested… I mostly listen to rap, and you’ll find that there are weird words about just like any language’s rap songs… BUT they’re pretty useful, for me at least.