planning a beatiful trip

[quote=Touta]loooll agree, it’s great to discover a new places and little corners especially if there are no tourists :smiley:

and that’s why i dislike all that places with tourists…where moroccans became like dogs with pieces of flesh…all shouting and aggressivly trying to sell and spill money or so…

btw which language u spoke there ?
you mean generally in morocco or just about chaouen?

hahahaha u know i have a million questions :D[/quote]
i think it’s normal…just like me before leaving and all friends made sure to give me a lot of fear(don’t talk to people even if they will come and talk to you…pay attention they will try to cheat you a lot…) but they only said,on the other side,it’s a completely different way of living… and this way i had a great curiosity

and…for people talking to me…boys and girls i was so sad because girls asked me info or little things and i really wanted to answer them but…darija i’m not good in it,nor french at all :cry: :cry: and i really wanted to help them! doh!! (and also i wanted to answer to stupid guys saying stupid things to me that always ended with “…ah gawria hadi”
tough for both,boys and girls the problem was:they referred to me ALWAYS at first in darija (hihihi :wave: :spt: :gheart: they all tought i’m moroccan) and expecially first days i was in terror cause for me they were talking too fast…then i litlle accostumed to sounds and comprehension emproved… yuppyyyy!!! (and yawmy -i love it- hhh )

lool better not to listen to anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha to me no one referred in darija, maybe in french … and in english lol but from the first look at me they knew where im from :smiley: so i didn’t need to speak darija though i like it much

im just wonderin why u liked Fez ? only coz of people ?
my days in Fez were funny and nice but nothin special really

btw Sarah maybe u have some interestin story to tell us :wink:

Well i liked Fez because it seem little smaller then marrakech,nicer as for honest people there and also for the way it’s built the city…yeah i like it…
even tough marrakech has a worldwide known name…for me fez diserves a lot of attention,it gave me positive feeling and i felt secure…also in the medina…you could see turistic brigade going around…to control and so…in marrakech it’s like a jungle…and it’s not always that positive…

ehm :lol: :roll: Touta…what you mean for “interestin story”?? hihihi
yep next time i leave i’ll not listen to anyone…hihihi (if they say sad things :mdr: )
btw these days some friends keep tell me beware of black magic down there…cause even with food they can control you and do bad to you…
:unsure: ah morocco…strange country

haha ok, u like Fez and it’s the most important … haha but personally i think any medina is just like u said “a jungle” :smiley: but it’s still interestin to walk there even for hours lol

hahahaha interestin story ? well, i mean maybe smth funny happened to u … but nevermind, anyway all ur trip it’s already the whole interestin story

loooolll abt black magic i heard smth to :stuck_out_tongue: mmm i dont believe in it hahahahaha especially i dont believe that someone will do smth to Touta exactly, it would be just crazy :smiley:

hhhhh me too Touta! ehm i mean i don’t believe anyone will want to make some kind of magic to me…they will be wasting time hihihi
yep an interestin story,a unique experience and an unbelievable sight of morocco… it was when my friend took me with her going to a small village in the sorrounding of marrakesh for volunteering (ehm well me i was just looking and taking picture) but the experience was incredible…
i heard song that children are used to sing… hhh it was too much of fun
then young boys playing “berber” music,just beating on drums and clapping hands random :mdr: but the fact is: the music was funny and hipnotizing!
on the other side i could see how important is volunteering in morocco,important to give medical advices to young moms,old people,teach children about tooth brushing for their health…
this exp. warmed my heart a lot…:hap:

ah volunteering … sounds interestin :wink: i heard and read abt this smth, yep, i think it’s really important to help people
haha moroccan kids they are funny … and they are different :smiley: lol maybe only for me it seems so, because i’m just not that used to deal with kids even in my country :stuck_out_tongue:
… sometimes ur listenin to one little kid and ur wonderin: hey ur a kid or what? because they are talkin abt things like any man or woman do … they know everythin !
once i was lost in medina haha yeah, poor Touta … and who u think helped me? - a little boy … such a little one, such a kind and sweet one … i will never forget him :slight_smile:

[quote=Touta]haha moroccan kids they are funny … and they are different :smiley: lol maybe only for me it seems so, because i’m just not that used to deal with kids even in my country :stuck_out_tongue:

… sometimes ur listenin to one little kid and ur wonderin: hey ur a kid or what? because they are talkin abt things like any man or woman do … they know everythin !

nor me…i’m not used to deal with kids…to entertain them and so…yep it’s a fact…they grow fast,and that’s influenced by their “simple” yet harder way of living…

once i was lost in medina haha yeah, poor Touta … and who u think helped me? - a little boy … such a little one, such a kind and sweet one … i will never forget him :)[/quote]
hihihi Touta got last!!! (you’re not the only one… hhhh) once,i was back from essaouira(figure the trip by bus…i was very tired)
a man said to me “the square is in that direction” generally pointing at a way in the madina…(with intention of being my guide…) well…
i said to myself “ok,even tough the direction is not the one i know and it may be longer i’ll find the way…without him accompaign me…”
ok… never say so… i got lost and i swear i passed for same places,streets and corners like 4 times each

finally i asked a guy in a shop for directions,in desperation and so tired i even know if i’d cry or laugh…hihihi
after he said to me like 7-8 times
“m not a guide,i’ll not ask for money,i work in that shop…believe me…it’s only because my friend doesn’t undestand english…believe me”
i followed him and after few steps…at a corner he showed me the way on… without asking anything… i was shocked (you know after faux guides you start having some doubts on people,sometimes also little boys :lol:)

looooll Sarah, ur not alone hahaha i know this feelin very well when ur passin by the same things again and again hahahahaha … and even people start to look at u like ur crazy :smiley:
… idk at first i always try to find a direction myself and only when i start to give up i can ask abt help lol it’s not that i dont trust ppl, but really yes, in Morocco it’s kinda different … in my country im used to pay for everythin and really nobody cares if ur lost or smth, so when u meet someone who only wanna help coz they have a great heart u treat them sometimes with doubts

btw tell me what was ur first expression in first moments after leavin airport ?

first expression? if i said something? or you mean what i was feeling after landing in Casa’s airport?

yeah, u were talkin in darija to moroccans whom u met first ? maybe taxi driver or someone else …
haha actually i couldnt remember though one single word :smiley:

hhhh :mdr: well…as i left from italy there in casablanca a moroccan guy talked to me in italian.
me i was trying to speak to taxi drivers in french (with lot of difficulties… :blink: ) that guy saw i was in difficult situation for language,also it was late hour and he tried to help me asking the taxi drivers for me and also telling me “beware don’t give them more then 200 dirhams,they’re so fishy…” well he gave me a good hand but…
poor him! first a taxi driver start to get angry with him… then they were like 7 people running behind him…
but as you told i always had someone around me trying to solve my problem… i love that :hap:

but during the night in Casa that kind boy asked me if i know some arabic
i was saying “ana,hiya,nta,huwa” :lol:
i think these are easy to remember for every one

im glad for u, Sarah :wink:
haha oh yes, i find it sooooo great that moroccans can speak many languages, u always can meet ppl there who speak not only arabic and french but also spanish, english, italian, german … they learn languages sooooo fast :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=sarahzina2]but during the night in Casa that kind boy asked me if i know some arabic
i was saying “ana,hiya,nta,huwa” :lol:
i think these are easy to remember for every one[/quote]
:rofl:

funny!
hahahaha sometimes i could say only simple choukran to someone and they always started to talk to me in darija thinkin that i speak it to lol

so Touta don’t dare to say: salam aleikum :mdr: or they will really think you speak darija,and they’ll start with that fast river of consonants in which every one can lost himself LOL

true :okay:

haha actually i find it interestin and funny

you are both very nice girls, i know you from this website and i know you have good hearts.

but i just want to say 2 things (i could say more but no i will just say these 2):

i don’t see very often the scenes you both described of normal moroccan people swarming over tourists to try and take their money. i do see tourists swarming over morocco trying to take take take all the time everything, and have everything the way they want it, and be as comfortable as possible, and not take time to really understand anything. there are some bad sides, bad people and bad things that are directly related to the tourist industry. and i think (not all) but a lot of it exists because of the way the european and american tourists act when they are in morocco.

if some moroccans now need education on brushing their teeth with western toothbrushes and toothpaste it is because the west brought coca cola and refined sugar to morocco.

hahaha ach, did i say that moroccans only try to take money from tourists and the more the better ?? :blink:

well i think in every country a tourists they are kinda victims lol idk maybe im wrong, but i just see what happens in my country … when i show my city to my foreign friends, we face the fact that they should pay double price everywhere or even more … but of course we always can do some tricks :wink:
the same happens when they try to catch a taxi and so on … there are alot of examples really
when ppl see that ur a tourist they think u have alot of money :unsure: and its not only in Morocco …

but as for me i have never felt uncomfy with moroccans … i love Morocco and i like moroccan ppl … can’t add anythin more

… abt tourist ur right, that happens they behave sooooo bad … they come to a diff country without knowin traditions and specific things and they think everythin should be like in their native country … and after that we can read bad comments on diff travel forums abt some countries though its not true …