look who it is wa3m =)

Labas MonPayMaroc

I’m the other ‘Australian’ - actually I’m Danish, but I’ve lived in Australia for 26 years, and in England for 18 before that. I left Denmark when I was 21, so if you’re good at math you can work out my age :^^:

For those I haven’t met before I’m interested in maroc because

1. I went there in 1964 (hitch-hiked from Paris to Zagora), and loved it

2. About 15 years ago my daughter married a Moroccan and I’ve been back there 4 times in the last
    10 years.

I agree, Australia is a relaxed comfortable place to live, but it lacks ‘soul’ - which is what I love about Morocco.

Fascinating that some of you want to learn the language even with having been there !

To SimplyMoroccan : THANKS again for this site !

like they share the same queen :hap:

:smiley: LOL @ Wa 3mmî! Yes, you’re right about the translation. But you spelled it strangely in the title, I couldn’t guess.

Oh, you’re a girl! :open_mouth: I didn’t know :D.

I am not sure I know that song, and I don’t remember where I can find that other song I mentioned :hap:.

@ Lisec:
It’s my pleasure to help :).

[quote=lisec]Labas MonPayMaroc

I’m the other ‘Australian’ - actually I’m Danish, but I’ve lived in Australia for 26 years, and in England for 18 before that. I left Denmark when I was 21, so if you’re good at math you can work out my age :^^:

For those I haven’t met before I’m interested in maroc because

1. I went there in 1964 (hitch-hiked from Paris to Zagora), and loved it

2. About 15 years ago my daughter married a Moroccan and I’ve been back there 4 times in the last
    10 years.

I agree, Australia is a relaxed comfortable place to live, but it lacks ‘soul’ - which is what I love about Morocco.

Fascinating that some of you want to learn the language even with having been there !

To SimplyMoroccan : THANKS again for this site ![/quote]
hamdolillah kulchi mezyan, wnta? :slight_smile:
well i am not so bad at maths but i won’t go there, its not wise they say to ask a women’s age, nor is it to calculate it :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

where in Australia are u from if u don’t mind me asking?

and SM, wah ana lbent ,
hope i made sense there ! :smiley:

[quote=MonPaysMarOc]hamdolillah kulchi mezyan, wnta? :slight_smile:
well i am not so bad at maths but i won’t go there, its not wise they say to ask a women’s age, nor is it to calculate it :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

where in Australia are u from if u don’t mind me asking?[/quote]
You do know that lisec is a lady, so you should have asked : o ntî? Ntâ being for masculine singular.

[quote=MonPaysMarOc]and SM, wah ana lbent ,
hope i made sense there ! :D[/quote]
Yes, you made perfectly sense :).
Wâh is used in Oujda, and Berkane. Other Moroccans say: âh, or iyyeh.
Besides, you should say: Anâ bnt = I am a girl. What you said is: I am DA girl :D.

Hey lbnt, I wanted to ask you. Do you have Moroccan friends who actually use the word “wa3mmi”? I noticed that you used it recently in that music thread, and I am intrigued.

:smiley: LOL @ Wa 3mmî! Yes, you’re right about the translation. But you spelled it strangely in the title, I couldn’t guess.[/quote]
I actually forgot to mention that I think that wa3mmi wouldn’t fit in as an equivalent for the Lebanese expression ya 3ammi. What “dudes” :smiley: actually say is: a Sa7bî!
Like: I am talking to you, dude! = Râh kanhdr m3âk a Sâ7bî!
Some girls use this “dudy” expression a lot with guys. It doesn’t have the same effect as calling your girlfriends a Sâ7btî!

I hope I made sense.

SM, loool a sahbi sounds better actually :smiley: i will use that from now on … thanks :wink:

&& oops i actually thought of lisec to be a man at first then i used the proverb regarding woman :blink: i must have been half awake or somehting lol… of course i know abt the masculine feminine of nta & nti but i dont know what i was thinking at that very moment… anyway thanks Sm for correcting

well i don’t have any moroccan friends here in australia but i have one soussi friend on the internet who lives in marrakech… and it was this friend that told me abt the wa 3mmi thing, becoz i was saying ya3mmi frequently and he corrected me saying that moroccans say wa3mmi… the thing is i have some lebanese and palestinian friends here and most of the arabic i know is in the lebanese accent… so saying shu 3am ta3mli would sound strange to the non-lebs i guess.

also SM i’ve always been wondering why they insert the a in sentences…eg. a lalla or a khoya etc.

ahaha yes i am DA girl :wink: i always confuse when and when not to put the definite article el before words. because both my native languages dont have the definite article when speaking about indefinite things most of the time…
eg. in french someone would say pour la vie whereas in english it’s for life (see, no the) , same with turkish, theres no definite article so i am somewhat confused regarding the el and le la etc.

sorry for the headache