Listening to Moroccan Arabic

Hi all.
As a family we are planning to visit Morocco shortly and have struggled to try and learn some very basic language - with the help of the the Lonely Planet phrase book.
Have no idea if the way we are saying the words is correct and would find it really helpful to be able to hear the words and phrases spoken.
Would be great to hear if anyone knows of any web sites where audio clips can be heard?

Rob

If you can speak french, try this : http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=webarabic&btnG=Rechercher&meta=

Mar7ba bik Rob ! :welcome:

Welcome Rob!
Merhba bik!

Lonely Planet has also produced a tape which should be available from the bookshops that sell the phrasebook.
I think you’ll find that useful.

Thanks for the suggestions - speak a bit of French so have had a look at the site you suggested Onc’Kamel - interesting site but I couldn’t find any audio clips.
I found the Lonely Planet cassette advertised on Amazon - but at £55 ($70) it’s a bit beyond my budget!!

I’ll keep trying …

Welcome to the forum, Rob.
I have a free suggestion. There is a yahoo group, created by an American lady whose husband is Moroccan. Her husband had made tapes for her to learn Darija, and she shares them in that group for learning Moroccan Arabic. Just go to yahoo group and look for “Learning Moroccan Arabic”. Once you join the group, you’ll have access to the files.
I hope this will be helpful to anyone needing Darija sound files.

[quote=Rob]Thanks for the suggestions - speak a bit of French so have had a look at the site you suggested Onc’Kamel - interesting site but I couldn’t find any audio clips.
I found the Lonely Planet cassette advertised on Amazon - but at £55 ($70) it’s a bit beyond my budget!!

I’ll keep trying …[/quote]
If you don’t buy the tape but the CD it’s a lot cheeper. I bought the book and the CD together for about 7 Euros plus 3 Euro shipping from the States.