ka + verb, makes a difference if without ka?

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but what’s this Catalan that’s being mentioned everywhere on the forum? I have no clue.

catalan is someone from Catalunya , a region in the north east of Spain , they have their own language , habits and traditions

the catalan as a language is a bridge between spanish and french ( lol the catalans hate this they say the catalan is a language by itself )

Hi ebrivody :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s always me who talks about catalan, without special reason… (Yeah, well, we catalans have a very very secret and very very cunning plan to conquer and dominate the world :fouet: Is what i’m doing in Tangier and in this forum :fouet::fouet::fouet:)

Let mi extend a little bit the right explanation of madridista (except for the last sentece). In north-east of al-andalus :^^: there is a blad :D:D where they speak catalan, they dance sardana and they eat frogs and snails :ok: . May be these names sounds familiars to you: Gaudí, Dalí, Barcelona, Barça, Pau Casals… They where catalans. We like to distinguish ourselves from Spain, although we are spanish, because they feel not very it. There is a big number of catalans that speaks a bridge… I mean a language as french, italian, portugues, spanish, romanian: a latin language. Politicaly, there is some of them who wants to be independents (no terrorism), some who feels really spanish, and some who just feel catalans but they agree more or less to be spanish, as now occurs. They / We have some degree of autonomy in politics (our own parliament, budget, etc.). Culturaly, they have their own traditions, dialects on their language, etc. Spaniards they tell that catalans are really workers, clever comerciants and good travelers in the positive; in negative they say we -catalans- are: :save:; closed and separatists (we want to separate of Spain).

The catalan nationalists and spanish nationalists are aaaaaaalways like cat and dog. There is economical, social and other reasons to feel diferents between them. For example, Catalunya receives the most important number of new residents from Moroco, like some zones of Andalucía (south of Spain), even if the zone is in north while the rest of spain, specially Madrid, have a lot of moroccans living on it, but mostly south-americans. So links between Catalunya and Morocco are growing up and developping constanly, while the rest of Spain is more concentrated to keep a big influence on the spanish speaker world (although they can not forget their noighbours from south, Morocco). Ok, I stop. :blush:

Madridista, could you please remove your finger of my eye? Thanks :eye:

loool ok its ur country u can say about it lo que te da la gana , but let me use my red pen :stuck_out_tongue: plz
first , he is called PAU GASOL

u said : ‘‘specially Madrid, have a lot of moroccans living on it, but mostly south-americans.’’
wtf :open_mouth: moroccans south americans hhhhh duuuude u were talkin about immigrant i think , no ??

yeah true catalunya has a lot of moroccans … and also has the first rate of racisme ( yeah i know madrid is the second city in the ranking :stuck_out_tongue: )

ouazzani bona nit :smiley:

Kha kha kha… Ok, Pau Gasol.

[q]u said : ‘‘specially Madrid, have a lot of moroccans living on it, but mostly south-americans.’’
wtf :open_mouth: moroccans south americans hhhhh duuuude u were talkin about immigrant i think , no ??[/q]

Yeah, ok, here there is a problem with my english. I mean every where in Spain there is new residents, immigrants in this case, ok. Mostly they come from Morocco and from South America. In Catalunya there are a lot of them, in Madrid there are a lot of them. Some catalans and madrileños are racists, some no (I personally don’t think catalans or madrileños are specially racists. I thought before, but after travelling a little bit, I’ve been “cured” of this idea. There are racists anyway, ok). What I meant, is that in Barcelona thera are more moroccans than southamericans and viceversa for Madrid.

Somebody told me a strange idea (that after all is not so strange): they told me that the catalan governement they tried to favorise the arrival of morocans rather than colombians, bolivians, etc. because of the language. Morocans usually don’t speak spanish, so it’s not a problem to them to accept that in their new place there is more than one language, and people are concerned of it. They understand better, because big number of them are rifains, so they will, maybe, also learn catalan. And somtimes, so is it. I know lots of morocans who speaks catalan in my blad. Specially those who live in little places, not in big cities.
In the other hand, they told me, the spanish governement prefered and favorised the arrival of south-americans essentially because of their christian culture and of course, the spanish. The point is that “latinos” who arrives in Catalunya they usually don’t learn catalan (I know only one who does). Thet don’t need it, cause they speak spanish. And the point is also that in Catalunya is where -and it’s a big generalisation- people is less religious. So -generally- they don’t really feel Islam like “the concurrence”.

Ups, I did it again… I’ve been looooooooooooooooooong… and tqiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllll

LAst one, i promise.

loooooooooooooooooll ouazzani … yeah true its a strange idea … dunno if its usefull or not but personally as a moroccan , i like it hhhhhhhh
and i’ll add sth :stuck_out_tongue: andalucia is the best comunidad in spain hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahaaaa, there’s also a language called Basque right? At uni we’re learning about these seemingly interesting languages in my linguistics class, I had just forgotten what they were again as I sleep in these lectures… whoops

Thanks guys

yes … if u heard about ETA , they r terrorists from "pais vasco " they r like catalanes but agressives a lil bit well a loooooooooot lol
they have their own language called euskera , and nobody knows its origin :s coz its not a romance language as catalan french spanish …

Yeah, there they are a little bit mor radicals:gun: than catalans. They where about to loose their language during the dictature of Franco.

About the euskera origine, some speciallysts were triying to relate this language to others in europe and world. They have found a family relationship with amazigh, a language in finland, and some little other point in a coin of Europe that I forgot. It was also supposely related to old creta language, and others. Now they know it’s false. They have some similitude because of their antiquity. The only thing they are certains is that euskera language, like these others i’ve mentioned, was in Europe before that indoeuropeans arrived. So, is what last from our antiques civilisations in the iberic peninsule. And miraculously they have yet their culture alive. More or less…

yes ouazzani and this is why they dont feel themselves spaniards coz they have nothin in common whith them :s