ka + verb, makes a difference if without ka?

This question is relevant to the question mini asked in another thread about the “ka” prefix…

okay so i was listening to a particular song where the singer says “goulili wech katbghini”, now i’m wondering if it’s possible to omit the “ka” and just say tbghini ? does it still work?

Also, what does “bil2ani” mean? I’m not sure if I heard it right, but the sentence was “hadi lklam dial (b)ssa7, machi dial bil2ani”

And last question is, what does “tebki wella techki” mean?

Chukran bzaaaaaaaaf d’avance 3la kolchi

Thank you for extending my question 3icha :okay:
as for “tebki wla techki” I think the 1st part is “You (F) cry and don’t (or not) techki” lol

You’re welcome mini :slight_smile:
& thanks for that, let’s wait to see what the rest means too

[quote=LallaAïcha]This question is relevant to the question mini asked in another thread about the “ka” prefix…

okay so i was listening to a particular song where the singer says “goulili wech katbghini”, now i’m wondering if it’s possible to omit the “ka” and just say tbghini ? does it still work?

Also, what does “bil2ani” mean? I’m not sure if I heard it right, but the sentence was “hadi lklam dial (b)ssa7, machi dial bil2ani”

And last question is, what does “tebki wella techki” mean?

Chukran bzaaaaaaaaf d’avance 3la kolchi[/quote]
first it is bil3ani not bil2ani and it means fake , as in ur sentence : had lklam dial bsse7 , machi dial bl3ani
bsse7 is the opposite of bl3ani

tebki wla techki = cry or complain

now the ‘‘KA’’ : i really dont know :d when i can use it and when not :smiley:
but about ur example katbghini is darija , tbghini sounds more algerian
im sure about sth ; use KA when u wanna express the present continuous
im eatin = ana kanakol
im singing = ana kangheni

ooooh i didn’t notice the 3ayn, he says it very softly…

Thanks for all the help!!!

Related-question:
Can we summarize prefixes of verbs as follows:
ta+verb = past
ka+verb= continuous
ga/gadi+verb= future

???

[quote=Gretchen]Related-question:
Can we summarize prefixes of verbs as follows:
ta+verb = past
ka+verb= continuous
ga/gadi+verb= future

???[/quote]
i can only tell that for the prefixes ta- and ka- the differnce is only about different cities in morocco (ta- it’s more marrakchi/south morocco) as for ghadi + verb it’s the future. even present continuos but i’m not sure…
i wait for corrections :^^:

oh yeah sarah , i agree about “ta” and “ka” … generally they have d same meanin , question of accents

Fine. Noting that I’m a bit concerned in casablanca’s dialect, I’ll be understood of which intended time I mean when I use these prefixes as I summarized 'em…right?

gret
what ur learning here is gonna help u to be understood in all moroccan cities , they can be differences but not a lot
this is what rap music in morocco aim to , havin d same dialect in all parts of the country , now hamdullah u hear a guy from tangiers sayin NAYDA which is a word born in the centre of morocco … and a lot of words i cant remember them now
the only way to get the differences between accent is hearin natives talking :smiley: and be careful of the racists ones lol

sarahzina, i have never heard a marrakchi use “ta” instead of “ka”, i think ta is more common in the North? though i might be wrong, but I have spoken to a Marrakchi and never saw any conjugations beginning with ta instead of ka, just clearing that up :slight_smile: thanks for your input though :slight_smile:

Gretchen, you SHOULD be concerned about the casa accent, who wouldn’t be :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

bsalamaaa 3likommm a ntchouuuma

LA
well; i think sarah is right … when u hear an authentic merrakchi talkin , u just hear TA TA TA TA loooolll
but they use also KA

wa llaho a3lam

Yeah I’m do concerned about casa accent, and it’s said that I’ll be understood all over, so that’s even better :wink:

Now, I can get from what you said that there’re slight differences between different cities in using prefixes of verbs, but didnt know yet as a general speaking cause I know there’s exception for every rule:

[quote=Gretchen]ta+verb = past
ka+verb= continuous
ga/gadi+verb= future[/quote]
Again generally speaking, the above is vrai ou faux? :slight_smile:

ta + verb = past … thats false
as they said above … we can say ‘’ ana kandir bsala " or ‘’ ana tandir bsala " and they have exactly the same meaning

okay… Thank you :slight_smile:
But there must be a rule, I’ll try to figure it out later. Bsslama daba bach nftar 7ayt kont sayma lyouma…

llah yta9bal a khti , llah yhdini tta ana nkemel douk lyamat li b9awli :S

duuude which rule r u lookin for :S … do we need a prefixe to make a verb in the past :open_mouth:
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp i lost my darija :cry:
plz give me an example about a verb in the past made with a prefix

thnx

not even a suffix is used for the past tense?

What I’m taking about is that we can give a general rule to follow. Then irregularities come later, or as you say by listening to native speakers.

And forgive us/ or maybe me alone who’s making u lost ur darija… esta7melna w lik thawab kbeer bzaaaf walah

nooooooooo come on dont say this :S
we r all here to learn :slight_smile:

well about the past in darija … lool i think all verbs are irregulars :stuck_out_tongue:
but we can group them ; ill give an example

mcha/ja/kla …

ana mchit
nta mchiti
howa mcha / hya mchat
7na mchina
ntoma mchitou
homa mchaw

now u can do ja/kla , if u understood ofcourse

Oh I think Aicha asked about the past tense before…I’m forgetting my Arabic too man…Anyway, jall mn la yas-ho…

ana jeet
nta jeeti
howa ja
hya jat
7na jina
ntoma jitou
homa jom (?)

ana klt
nta klti
howa kla
hya klat
7na klna
ntoma kltou
homa klaw

Final questions isA: does it right too to say ntoma kltom & homa klom?
sth else… the singular you, does there is in darija nta & nti or nta refers to both masc & fem? & If there is nta & nti so there is klt and klti…right?

[quote=Gretchen]Oh I think Aicha asked about the past tense before…I’m forgetting my Arabic too man…Anyway, jall mn la yas-ho…

ana jeet
nta jeeti
howa ja
hya jat
7na jina
ntoma jitou
homa jom (?)

ana klt
nta klti
howa kla
hya klat
7na klna
ntoma kltou
homa klaw

Final questions isA: does it right too to say ntoma kltom & homa klom?
sth else… the singular you, does there is in darija nta & nti or nta refers to both masc & fem? & If there is nta & nti so there is klt and klti…right?[/quote]
homa jaw looolll duuude i said mchaw and u said klaw , why ze3ma ''ja" its gonna be “jom” :smiley:

if we say ntoma kltom , that sounds like the name "kltoum’’ ( in egyptian oum kaltoum lol )
so we cant say neither kltom nor klom

im sooooooooooooooooo sorry about the nta/nti i always forget it , yes gret in darija exist nti but in all those cases in which ive conjugated verbs , nti and nta has d same verb
and no we say nta klti w nti klti

ps- ur translation for the verb “kla” was good , but there is also this one

ana klit
nta/nti kliti
howa kla
hya klat
7na klina
ntoma klitou
homa klaw

this is what we use in my region