I'm still here, its finals soon...been studying.

Greetings all -Ssalam

Sorry to leave you hanging, I have finals in two weeks and I have both a written and an oral french final starting next week, plus papers to write and a psychology test next week and a final. (sigh…)

Things progress here and I am using all my available powers of discernment and am praying for guidance and truth.

Regarding the phone number, the country code is 212 does that help? I know that when he calls me, usually the numbers start with 49 and they are different every time except for the 49. I don’t know if this is a calling card or what, perhaps someone here will know. If I call him, I dial my country code 011 then 212 and the number.

He did say that I should talk to Moroccaine women and then talk to him but that some beliefs vary within Islam there in Morocco. He said its not a big deal if we talk on the phone but his parents are divorced so that may account for some differences in his beliefs??? I am guessing. He does seem overly concerned that I listen to other people and believe them and as he says “not him.”

He keeps saying he can’t get a good job there in Morocco without being involved in some corruption-I don’t know because someone here said they are a teacher in Rabat so maybe it isn’t all that difficult as he says it is.

Now he is saying that we should come back here to the states but it will take him a while to get out of Morocco. He suggests I come there and marry him then come back here and we go to France from here (U.S.). I am not sure why it will be easier to get to France from here.

He says his uncle lives in New York but he doesn’t know if he can stay with him. I have mentioned that I am from New York so I wonder if there is a connection with the uncle living there also or if its just a coincidence.

The other thing is that he says his mom has given him a large --this sounds way too good to be true–sum of money in the 5 figure range for us to live on and rent a house when I come there. Either this or he will put it in an account to get into France but I doubt I could go to France for more than 90 days myself. I am starting to feel like he is up in the air about a lot of things. I can’t just “see when I get there”. He did say he knows a professor who can tutor my kids and he will teach them French.

Ah this letter is getting too long now…so ladies that is the update. I hope all is well in your lives as well. :slight_smile:
Rina

hi,
wish u the best in ur exams–… :slight_smile:
as for the number-yes, it starts with 212… my husband calls me from his cell- (and its costley) cuz- i know when i was there my min. went fast calling back to USA-So, We use calling cards- i noticed at times the card will show for the number unavailable- or unknown which is normal… I can’t answer about getting work- i guess it depends what he knows- and what city- I don’t know about France- going there for u to live- Its not that eazy to live there- My husband has some of his family there- and he goes with a Visa only- doesn’t give him rights to work there— his mom gave hom a large amount in the 5 figures? would that be american currency or dirhams?
u don’t need alot to live there—depending on the life style u want and again the city… I seen some ppl rent for places from $60.00-$150.00 a month-so- with 5 figures in american currency would buy u many homes. :wink:

Take care…

J.

Ahlan JayLynn,

That gives me a good idea what you said about the money. Now I have a better understanding of what question I need to ask him.

As for France, I think that is an impossibility from what you say. Even with a large amount of money in a bank account-where would he get a job teaching there…and me? I wouldn’t be able to stay there long and might not even get work there myself.

It seems like he is going to have to come up with some other solution for staying in Kenitra because as you well know…where is he going to get a job here with only a bachelor’s degree from a foreign country and arabic as well? I don’t know how things are there in Cali, but on the east coast here…people are very discriminatory of arabic people. Plus our economy isn’t the greatest either. Yes we have a higher standard of living, but we pay for it proportionately so I wonder if we really do have more money here in the US. Well he is going to have to come up with some good plans because he is the man after all. I am the one sacrificing to get there in the first place. Its gonna cost me $300.00 for passports alone not to mention the cost of three tickets and background check before I leave here. He isn’t paying for any of it so he is going to have to do his part and get everything sorted out there before I get there. It must be hard for you to be separated from your husband when he is over there…the phone calls do get so expensive. What is cheaper calling cards or skype? Do you even use skype?
Take care JayLynn,
Rina

Hello again Rina.
You don’t need to open a new thread every time. You can just click on “reply”, so that we don’t get lost between all the threads.
Anyways, nothing of this story sounds right to me, Rina. Think about it. You don’t want to spend all that money to go to Kenitra to just “see”!
Your kids do not need a “tutor” to teach them. They need a real school. School here is basically in Arabic and French, so this won’t be easy for them at all.
And what you need isn’t a big amount of money as a gift, you need him to be working to guarantee a permanent salary.
Not knowing how much his mom gave him, but it’s almost sure that you can’t “buy” a house with that. Nah! A small flat costs from 20 000$ up to 60 000 $.

Now regarding skype, you know it’s free from a computer to another, right? Isn’t that what you guys use?

[quote=Rina]It seems like he is going to have to come up with some other solution for staying in Kenitra because as you well know…where is he going to get a job here with only a bachelor’s degree from a foreign country and arabic as well? I don’t know how things are there in Cali, but on the east coast here…people are very discriminatory of arabic people.

(Sadly-ppl are discriminatory no matter where u go-but, in ur area Michigan its consider to have more arabic speaking ppl- i would think there wouldn’t be as much trouble. here is cali we have a large number of mix-with Latinos being in the high range- I see some discriminatory here…)

Plus our economy isn’t the greatest either. Yes we have a higher standard of living, but we pay for it proportionately so I wonder if we really do have more money here in the US.

(Cali, is very expensive- its crazy- u would think we have gold underneath our homes… :frowning: )

Well he is going to have to come up with some good plans because he is the man after all. I am the one sacrificing to get there in the first place. Its gonna cost me $300.00 for passports alone not to mention the cost of three tickets and background check before I leave here. He isn’t paying for any of it so he is going to have to do his part and get everything sorted out there before I get there.

( thats alot for anyone to pay-is there away u can go just for a visit? to really make sure its the right thing to do before up rooting the children-to make sure that is what u really want…)

It must be hard for you to be separated from your husband when he is over there…the phone calls do get so expensive. What is cheaper calling cards or skype? Do you even use skype?
Take care JayLynn,
Rina

(yes-it can get costly on both ends-we don’t use skype- there is no pc in the family home- cheaper for me to call with a $5.00 phone card VS-him calling -its hard to be seperated-but, we do have contact alot-i will still send e-mail even though i know he wont read them for a good week or 2…Also I send by regular mail that at times never make it- i sent before a card a day before i left to morrocco and in the whole 6weeks that letter never came-even i still ask- u get my mail yet? lol-some make it- some don’t…-I really wish i had answers for u- just try to read on the religion-understand the cultural… --[/quote]

Ahlan everyone,

I decided to postpone my trip for now. The latest story is that no, we can’t really live in Kenitra it would be better to live here…and then go to France because its easier to get to France from US than it is from Morocco. I am feeling pretty disappointed about how things are unfolding. Last night I asked him what he would do here for a job and he said he didn’t know maybe play soccer, he said he is very good and he has a good future in that if he wanted to do it. He also mentioned that a friend of his left Morocco and is doing good here and so he would too because he is better player than his friend even. Like I told another one of my friends, I feel like this was the plan all along…

So maybe I am a stupid american but not stupid enough to spend that much money to go there only to turn around and come back here to live. I trust my instincts too and right now…when I put my feelings aside-what’s left is doubt about his intentions. As I say, time will always tell…and the truth always comes out… I’ll keep ya posted :slight_smile:
Rina

Rina, I hope it all works out for the best for you. Sorry for ur disappointment-… Give ur self time to really know and understand who u will share ur life with… :slight_smile: U take care…

J.

We hope all the best for you Rina. As long as you’re being rational, you’ll end up taking the right decision for you and your kids.
Good luck.