Idiomatice and social etiquette expressions

hahhahahahah in morocco we say sth like that hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bi tikrar yata3alamo l7imar = with repitition a donkey learns
but urs is good loooollll

I’m glad you liked the topic Touta, hope it would help nchallah

I remebered 2 expression I’ll add later
but had these questions,
happy birthday to you, is it “kol 3am wnta/wnti bkeer” or what?
“May you get better soon”, how do you say this?

happy birthday to you = bonne anniversaire or " 3id milad sa3id "

May you get better soon = i think its " allah y2awemak bessalama" hhhhhh im kidding lol i didnt find it right now … maybe later i can tell u about it :wink:

Yes, Gretchen, it’s very useful :slight_smile: Great idea !

Mad, yours one about 7imar is goood… :slight_smile:

It reminds me smth like “even a bear you can teach to ride a bike” :smiley:

I got you the 2 expressions:

mbrouk l3zri = congratulations on the birth of a baby boy
mbrouk l3zba = congratulations on the birth of a baby girl
(ps not sure of the pronounciation)

Allah ybarek fik (2 sing)/fikom (2 pl)= May God grant you grace (reply to the above)

you never said it to anyone, i guess you say in such situation: [khleek or a7san] :stuck_out_tongue:

I read it in an arabic forum, but dont remember is it for “may you get better soon” or for “congrats for the recovery”, it was a strange word (maybe cause I didnt know darija then)…

mabrouk matzad 3ndk / 3ndkom ===> for both boys and girls :slight_smile:

hmm… about birthdays…

Do you celebrate ?

I guess it’s not so strong tradition to celebrate it… I mean among the muslim people :slight_smile:

Some of my friends from arabic countries never pay attention to it. And sometimes even havent any idea about birthday date of their relatives.

For me it’s weird a little :huh:

well, some celebrate it and some yeah doesn’t

Those who don’t celebrate it say that it is a heresy and was not found during our prophet’s era that’s why we can’t do it now
Some reply that as long as nothing haram (forbidden by God) is done so why not we celebrate it because then we spread happiness…

For me, yeah I forget b’day dates of my relatives just because I have weak memory, but once I remember I call them or even send them a msg (if it comes during busy days)

Thanks for your question Touta :slight_smile:
what about opening a thread like that (either for b’day controversies or the like questions) in the religious thread??

don’t forget to add your name to the birthday thread :slight_smile:

About birthdays:

People don’t use to celebrate it. But this is changing in cities and specially in young people.

Anyway, there is a lot, lot of people who doesn’t know the day of his birthday. A lot have an aproximate idea. Most of the picked up a special day to say it’s their birthday. A loooooooooooooooooooooot of people I know birthday’s is 1 of january :slight_smile:

By the way, I don’t use to celebrate my birthday also…

Ouazzani,
yeah I think it depends from a person to another. me too dont celebrate mine thru party, but just by receiving messages or emails, and I like that and become so happy with it. This year was my best one ever, many ppl from many countries around send me msgs :slight_smile:

M7moud,
ok bro, I’m gonna add it now. Thank you :slight_smile:

Absolutely agree !
It’s so nice to know that your friends remember about you :slight_smile:

As for me I celebrate every my BD… And more than this I can add that every time I have not a Birth Day but Birth Week really :smiley:
Because not all my relatives and friends can visit me in one day :slight_smile:

And I like to give smth like presents and cards more than to receive ones :slight_smile:

i forget BD’s :s i dont know how to remember them …
but wut is cool about me i forget even mine :smiley:

hoooo… :stuck_out_tongue:

Heeeey, everybody here !!!

I m going to remind about Birthday of everyone :hah:

really ??? just remind or there will be a gift :stuck_out_tongue:

Touta,
ma7moud has made a topic for members to add the day of their birth, you can check it and add urs, and we’ll see how will remember 1st you or Paperbird :wink:

look sis, if you cant find it, just let me know to give you the link :slight_smile:

yeah… be sure !

If I say smth I do it :wink:

hahaha… Mad ok… just try to remember when is your BD and I ll think abt gift for youuu looooooool

Thank you Gretchen :slight_smile:
Yes I saw that topic :wink:

lool touta thats good i’ll remember that u’ll give me a gift like that i’ll remember my BD :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh… I m in waiting then… I can give you this gift loool you no need smth special :stuck_out_tongue: