I don't speak TashlHit

Hello!

I asked about this on another board but there apparently were no speakers of the language, and now I found this one…!! :^^:
So, when travelling in Morocoo I learnt few words and phrases in TashlHit, among them “I don’t speak Tashelhayt”. It sounded something like “urdassawar tashelHit” or “urdassawalo tashelHit”, but I would like to know more precisely how it should be said (and transcribed). Would anybody like to help out?

Tenmiirt!

Hello :).

I don’t speak tashl7ît = Orâ sâwâl7 tashl7ît.

You did pretty well in transcription, that was very close.

Wow, finally I actually know how it’s meant to be said! :bounce:

A great tenmiirt for your help, SimplyMoroccan!

Hahaha hopefully we won’t need this though in Maroc since the lovely berberophones of this forum will be teaching us some :smiley:

Ok since ora sawal tashl7it means i don’t speak tachel7it, how would we say ‘i speak a bit of tashel7it’ or perhaps ‘yes i speak tashel7it’

Insh’allah I’d have the time to learn TashlHît. Maybe next time I go to Morocco… (I think there will be an next time) :hap:

Azul ,

I speak a little bit of Tashelheijd might be

Ar sawalgh tashelhit n schwiir

Is that right?

Hello

I think it is :unsure:

“nekki sawal imik n tachelhit” for “i speak a bit of tachelhit”

[quote=Tafoukt]Hello

“nekki sawal imik n tachelhit” for “i speak a bit of tachelhit”[/quote]
This would be a qouite litteraly traslation I think. Kind of a “Pidgin tachelhit” :smiley:
Also it would emphasize the “nikkin” a lot. I was told that you only begin a sentence with “nikkin” when you want to make very clear, that it is YOU who speaks tachehit a bit…

To say “I speak” you take the stem of the verb “sawl” and ad the Personal Suffix for “I” which is “gh”. So you get “sawlgh” for “I speak”. (it seems to be the same system like in french)

I speak - sawlgh
you speak - tsawlt
he speaks - isawl
she speaks - tsawl

we speak - nsawl
you speak (m)/(f) - tsawlm (m) / tsawlmt
they speak (m) / (f) - sawln (m) / sawlnt (f)

I … = - gh
you … = t-t
he … = i-
she … = t-

we … = n -
you … (m)/(f) = t - m / t-mt
they … (m)/(f) = - n / - nt

As you never start the sentence with the Verbform only you put a “Ar/Ad” in front of it if you want to say something in the present tense.

For this reasons I still think it would be more correct to say “Ar sawalgh tashelhit n shwiir” (or immik instead of shwiir)
But I think you would be well understood if you said just “Nikkin sawl…” also.

[quote=Kazin][quote=Tafoukt]Hello

“nekki sawal imik n tachelhit” for “i speak a bit of tachelhit”[/quote]
This would be a qouite litteraly traslation I think. Kind of a “Pidgin tachelhit” :smiley:
Also it would emphasize the “nikkin” a lot. I was told that you only begin a sentence with “nikkin” when you want to make very clear, that it is YOU who speaks tachehit a bit…

To say “I speak” you take the stem of the verb “sawl” and ad the Personal Suffix for “I” which is “gh”. So you get “sawlgh” for “I speak”. (it seems to be the same system like in french)

I speak - sawlgh
you speak - tsawlt
he speaks - isawl
she speaks - tsawl

we speak - nsawl
you speak (m)/(f) - tsawlm (m) / tsawlmt
they speak (m) / (f) - sawln (m) / sawlnt (f)

I … = - gh
you … = t-t
he … = i-
she … = t-

we … = n -
you … (m)/(f) = t - m / t-mt
they … (m)/(f) = - n / - nt

As you never start the sentence with the Verbform only you put a “Ar/Ad” in front of it if you want to say something in the present tense.

For this reasons I still think it would be more correct to say “Ar sawalgh tashelhit n shwiir” (or immik instead of shwiir)
But I think you would be well understood if you said just “Nikkin sawl…” also.[/quote]
:ty: you very much :slight_smile: i’ll note this :wink: