Hey everyone!

Hello all! I’m new to this forum and hope to find it very beneficial :smiley: Im half Algerian but I don’t inderstand a word of Darja just the basics like Wash raak/raaki? Labaas elhamdulilah etc. I would like to learn more of Darja so I can communicate better with certain members of my family who only speak Darja and not Fus7a :smiley: Thank you and bye! :slight_smile:

Welcome to SpeakMorocan, mini. :slight_smile:
Alegerian Darja and Moroccan Darija are indeed very close, so inshallah you’ll improve with us in here, and you’ll get to communicate with your family. Speaking fus7a in Morocco would be funny, people will think that you came straight out from a dubbed Mexican movie :^^:.

See you around.

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Welcome to SpeakMorocan, mini. :slight_smile:
Alegerian Darja and Moroccan Darija are indeed very close, so inshallah you’ll improve with us in here, and you’ll get to communicate with your family. Speaking fus7a in Morocco would be funny, people will think that you came straight out from a dubbed Mexican movie :^^:.

See you around.[/quote]
haha really?? yea i gathered as much from my stay in Algeria and the moral is learn Darja! hehe :slight_smile:

Yeah, definitely ;).

mr7ba bik mini91 !

:welcome:

Mer7ba bik/ Welcome Mini

nice to have u among us!
hope ull benefit from our darija lessons
see you around
tc

WELCOME mini, Algerian presence in the forum is more than welcome :wink: Hope this site teaches you a lot so when you get back home you can understand what they’re saying when they gossip about you :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a good time here, take care!

Hi Mini, good to see you here & great that you got your unanswered WR question sorted out so quickly :hap:

[quote=LallaAïcha]WELCOME mini, Algerian presence in the forum is more than welcome :wink: Hope this site teaches you a lot so when you get back home you can understand what they’re saying when they gossip about you :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a good time here, take care![/quote]
haha I know itll be soo handy! hehe shukran bzaaf!

Thanks so much for showing me this site its sooo cool and really beneficial :smiley:

It is, innit? :^^:

(Plus, I admit to being a sucker for smilies and here I have them in abundance :scrm:)

WR = Writing?

Thanks for inviting mini to join :).

Since you like smilies, how come you didn’t see this?

It is, innit? :^^:

(Plus, I admit to being a sucker for smilies and here I have them in abundance :scrm:)[/quote]
haha yup at least the smilies move here LOL :smiley:

WR = Writing?

Thanks for inviting mini to join :).

Since you like smilies, how come you didn’t see this?[/quote]
No it stands for Wordreference which is a similar forum based learning site where ppl ask about Fus7a and other Arab dialects :slight_smile:

Ah ok, I know it.

Sorry, didn’t mean to say it as some insider hint…! Yes, WR is Wordreference, quite a nice forum with lots of languages, including a section on Arabic. (But rather formal in some ways with little space for just conversation). Simply, that smilies thread is :mdr:! I shall head that way soooon!