Hello Everyone

I married a wonderful Moroccan man in September and really want to learn in order to communicate with his family when we visit next year and also be able to talk to them a bit on the phone. Plus it would be great to surprise him. When we were first married he tried to teach me a few words and the sounds were so strange to me that I couldn’t figure out how I would possibly be able to learn. Of course now, after hanging around him and his friends, I’m starting to be able to pick out words that I recognize. I bought traveltalk Moroccan Arabic CD, the lonely planet phrasebook, and Shnoo the Hell is Going on Hnaa? Of course they’re mostly geared towards the traveler. I need more conversational sort of phrases.

I can confidently tell you that you’ve come to the right place :ok:

wellcome, here many people (natives & non-natives) are happy to provide their help :wink:
Also browse old topics you can find many useful stuff, there’s also humble video lessons…labguage games threads, exercise…feel free to explore the forum.

just one Q, what on earth is “shnoo the hell is going on hna” ? :blink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

heyyyy mebrouk zwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajjjjj :stuck_out_tongue: khasna 7efla :smiley:

welcome to SM … have fun and ask us a lot of questions :stuck_out_tongue:

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
don’t forget to check the labguage games PB told u abt
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

mabrouk jwaj

““shnoo the hell is going on hna”” == what the hell is going on here
sounds like smth pple would say after readina few topics on SM
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

lola, ask Qs, Qs, Qs
open lots of topics if u need to
look @ achmin
he picks phrases we say in chat topics
and asks for their translation in new topics

[quote=Paperbird]I can confidently tell you that you’ve come to the right place :ok:

wellcome, here many people (natives & non-natives) are happy to provide their help :wink:
Also browse old topics you can find many useful stuff, there’s also humble video lessons…labguage games threads, exercise…feel free to explore the forum.

just one Q, what on earth is “shnoo the hell is going on hna” ? :blink:

:p[/quote]
It’s a book about learning to speak Moroccan from a non Moroccan point of view. :slight_smile: It’s pretty entertaining.

Thank you all for the welcome. I’ll definitely check out the other threads.

I definitely thought What the hell is going on here? the first time I heard my hubby and his friends all speaking Moroccan.

hellloooo and welcome lola, hope you have a fabbbb time on the forum and learn lotsa new things to show-off to your husband and his family :slight_smile:

i see a lot of people learn darija after marrying a moroccan, i’m learning before i get married so when i do get married they’ll all say “Shnoooo the hell is had bent, hiya turkiya wla maghrebia???”, or they’ll just accuse me of being algerian, com d’hab…

looollll no no its easy to know that ur not maghribya :stuck_out_tongue:

not right now, but maybe in the future i’ll integrate fully wallahu a3lam

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aint sure about that loollllll … but keep dreamin

gouli what are the obstacles??

moroccan girls are pretty :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll get plastic surgery, but then i’ll look more lebanese than moroccan =(

hehehehhe yeaah loooll but its ok for a lebanese :smiley: we apreciate lebanese girls in morocco lol

no it’s okay, i wanna stick to ugly turkia betty

hhahahhahahhahahaha good nickname :stuck_out_tongue: … ugly LA , i like it :smiley:

me too

:^^:

djaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazair

phew

Not all of us !