Greetings from a Newbie

I just discovered this forum and my first reaction is Wow! I can’t believe that there actually is a forum that can help me realize one of my dreams.

I am a US citizen who visited Morocco for the first time in my life - and fell in love with the culture and the language.

As a result I decided to start studying Moroccan Arabic - on my own, because currently I don’t have the resources to actually study it in a University (or better yet, in Morocco :)).

I purchase two books that I hope will help me to accomplish that:

A Dictionary of Moroccan Arabic - by Richard S. Harrell

A SHORT REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MOROCCAN ARABIC (by same author)

However, as invaluable as these books are, they cannot answer individual questions that are raised while studying. Also, these books are old and I am sure that the language has changed since then.

I am joining this forum with the hope that I can get some answers to my questions and, who knows, perhaps even reach a point where I can help others.

mrehba :slight_smile:

Yes girl, SpeakMoroccan is here to make dreams come true :D… or almost!
I am glad you found us, and I hope that you’ll not be disappointed with us at all. Keep learning, and you can count on us to answer all your Darija questions and translation requests as well. I noticed that you’re already into learning and having questions :).
See you around.

:welcome:

:welcome: :welcome: :slight_smile: