Game: What is this called in Darija?

I prefer the third one… but most of people (who are straight) consider it like a swear word, cuz 9ewedtiha came from the verb “9awed” or “KAWED” which means “to pimp”. But it’s a common word especially used in Casablanca.
So 9awedtiha or Kawadtiha means “you’re in trouble”.

In fact “9awadtiha” literally means “you pimped it” i.e you fixed the situation & made it right, which is the complete opposit of “9affartiha”.

The word “m9awed” simply means “to pimp”/“fix” & “make staright”, but it’s usually related to pimping ( u know what im talkin about), so that’s why the word got the dirty meaning stuck with it.

However, still some people use it in its right meaning, like “gles mgowwed” i.e sit tied, but u can note that they use it only with “9” spelled as “G”.

yeah i agree with you… that the literally version, totally right.
But, let’s see the meanin’ on the other side, i mean how a moroccan guy uses it.
As i said “9awedtiha” or “Kawadtiha” means that you’re in trouble… “m9ewda 3lik” or “MKAWDA 3LIK” means you’re worthless But the adj “m9ewed” or “MKAWED” has a different meaning between it and the other words, it means you’re the best, on top, special, boss,… etc
and finally “sir t9awed” or “SIR TKAWED” which literally means go to pimp, but if you use it in morocco, it may but must mean Fuck You.

ash katshufu? mu7adata ltifa aw mulakama qbi7a?

ash katshufu ? = What do you see ?

ltifa = kind (f.)

qbi7a = bad (f.)

3awni, 3fak (help me, please) :

mu7adata = ??

mulakama = ??

mu7adata = Conversation

mulakama = boxing, fighting

[quote=maarten]ash katshufu? mu7adata ltifa aw mulakama qbi7a?
http://i51.tinypic.com/161z2xi.jpg[/quote]
l-mra 3la limn : “ila matdirsh (northern dialect : matdirshi) li goltlek, ghadi-ndrebek fi rask b l-qoTban dyali !!”

l-mra 3la lisr : “uff !!”

(wash katfhemtu darija dyali ? — > Do you understand my Darija ?
:unsure:

The woman on the right : “If you don’t do what I say, I’ll hit you over the head with my stick !!”

Woman on the left : “uff !!”

@ maarten
shukran, dima katjbr tSawer mezyanin ! ----> Thanks. You always find great pictures !

@ DAFIR
shukran 3la trjm —> thank you for the translation

Lise, you have a good darija… i understood its all… now you can be moroccan… Congrats !
by the way, good interpretation… you made me laugh !!! :smiley:

[quote=DAFIR]yeah i agree with you… that the literally version, totally right.
But, let’s see the meanin’ on the other side, i mean how a moroccan guy uses it.
As i said “9awedtiha” or “Kawadtiha” means that you’re in trouble… “m9ewda 3lik” or “MKAWDA 3LIK” means you’re worthless But the adj “m9ewed” or “MKAWED” has a different meaning between it and the other words, it means you’re the best, on top, special, boss,… etc
and finally “sir t9awed” or “SIR TKAWED” which literally means go to pimp, but if you use it in morocco, it may but must mean F**k You.
[/quote]
oO…michma9oul ba9i majaouch 3ndana lSMgestapo :stuck_out_tongue: wayli ila chi wa7ed (particulièrement chi wa7ed machi maghrebi) 9al ‘9awadtiha’ ou ‘sir t9awed’ fl charia3 ou 3la lbeaux-parents dialhom
wau wau wnari nariiiii jjjjjjjjjjjjjj akid c’est juste parce que lmoderator dialna (tbarak llah 3leha) ma3amrha masma3t dik lkalima. ya zein ya bari2a :stuck_out_tongue:

in my exp. 9awadtiha means u messed it up. m9awad 3lek means that thing or situation frustrates you or ‘screws you over’ @ every turn. and kelkchous m9awed can mean EITHER something truly messed up/worthless or the opposite…as we see in a lot of darija and english and i’m sure other languages of the bad word being reversed to mean good

in general i think it should be noted that @ least in my experience (others may feel differently), this word, and any derivative of it can only safely be used in a highly HIGHLY informal environment in which you have already heard people cussing and using bad words or telling nasty jokes. i wouldn’t use it around women, relatives, any one old or highly respectable. and if i were a woman, esp. a foreign woman, i would not use it at all. ever.

ashnu wq3 hna? gulu liya: what could be more photogenic then this beautiful still life of tournesols?