Favorite Moroccan Meal - Repas marocain favori

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Yes, they do work now.
And your second picture is no shbbakiyya! I can’t even tell what’s that. Looks like sellou, but we don’t eat it with a fork and a knife. How is it inside? I doubt that it’s bstila. Does it have any mean of seafood inside?[/quote]
It was a big serving, and was for 5 of us. The fork and knife was provided for us to cut it up. Its sweet, no seafood inside. It is made up of layers of pastry and drizzled with milk on top and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. I could taste a hint of rose essence in the pastry too.

That’s a new mystery in this forum! :wave:
I have no idea what’s that, but it’s definitely not shbbakiyya, here is it:

It has big chances to be bstila, but it generally has meat, chicken or seafood inside. Here is bstila with chicken:

Yes, indeed its a mystery… it doesn’t have any meat or seafood in it. I had the food, as a dessert, as it was served last, in Marrakech. Here is a better picture, I hope :slight_smile:

Oh, it looks nice! But I never ate it, nor know its name. I hope someone else will be able to recognize it.

PS: I will adjust the images for you in your posts.

Its a delicious topic here :), well my favorites are bastila(pastilla) and briwate :stuck_out_tongue:
By the way i didnt recognize it too!! anyone could help?
it look like this one in the link :
http://www.marieclairemaison.com/maison/55489-cuisine_salle_a_manger/55490-nos_recettes_de_cuisine/55654-les_cuisines_du_monde/22380

[quote=devanymix]Its a delicious topic here :), well my favorites are bastila(pastilla) and briwate :stuck_out_tongue:
By the way i didnt recognize it too!! anyone could help?
it look like this one in the link :
http://www.marieclairemaison.com/maison/55489-cuisine_salle_a_manger/55490-nos_recettes_de_cuisine/55654-les_cuisines_du_monde/22380[/quote]
Aha! Consider this mystery solved. The one in the link, yes, it looks like the mystery dessert!

So the mystery is solved, it must be Pastilla à la crème :slight_smile:

I love all,
especially briouat and something that I don’t know.
as I remember, it is made from a kinda flour and zeetoun with red hot pepper
and it is baked with oil.
what’s that? pls let me know it.
its taste is like korean food as well.
that’s why I did like it.

when I was there, I needed to make haste to buy them around 6~7p.m
If I failed to buy, I drew a long face all the evening^^

j’adore la cuisine marocaine surtout les repas prepare par mchimcha de 2M

[quote=flower hues]I love all,

If I failed to buy, I drew a long face all the evening^^[/quote]
I have no idea what you are talking about. But did you mean msmmn m3mmr? We do not bake anything with it, we just put stuff inside. (Alright, not so specific, I admit ^^)
Did you take any pictures of the meals you had? That would help us recognize them!

:^^: :^^:
Ce n’est pas mchimcha (de mechmach), c’est Choumicha! Et oui, elle présente des recettes super bien, elle a même publié des bouquins.

[quote=SimplyMoroccan][quote=flower hues]I love all,

If I failed to buy, I drew a long face all the evening^^[/quote]
I have no idea what you are talking about. But did you mean msmmn m3mmr? We do not bake anything with it, we just put stuff inside. (Alright, not so specific, I admit ^^)
Did you take any pictures of the meals you had? That would help us recognize them![/quote]
to be sorry, I don’t have any pics of it.
but I’ll be able to make korean one, which looks like what I told you.
and then I’ll let you show that pic.
you may know its real name^^
thanks~

ZALOUK …Yummy also djaj berqouque and I love lubia :slight_smile:

Did you check out my z3lôk recipe?
There is l7m belbrqôq, never seen djâj belberqôq :D.
And what lubia? Green or white?

white lubia… I just got the recipe for harira also. I will check out yours for z3lok. Do you have a good recipe for ( I think this is what it is called) bakola?

I like lubia too by the way, the white and the green :).

And did you mean baqlawa? (Baklawa in google)

Hm, les baqlawa, miam maim !

J’en ai mangé qui venaient d’être confectionnés sous mes yeux au vieux sôq de Casa : un régal !

D’ailleurs, j’en profite pour vous donner mes meilleurs souvenirs de cuisine marocaine. Ce que j’ai mangé de meilleur là-bas, ce son ces baqlawa et un poulet roti, juste à côté du même marché. Rien d’extraordinaire en fait :slight_smile:

tout ce que j’ai mangé au Maroc était bon, tout. Mais je n’ai réellement découvert que deux choses : l’harira et la pizza berbère. Le reste, j’en avais déjà mangé en France, mais ça n’avait pas le même goût.

Il faut dire que j’y suis allé pendant le Ramadan, donc on n’a pas fait de folies culinaires.

No its a vegetarian dish made from spinach/greens and coriendar… I think there might be some garlic in there also. I have tried to make it but it always comes out a little dry.

@Onc’Kamel:
Les repas préparés à la rue ont toujours un plus de goût inexplicable. Les marocains adorent ça tout de même, même s’ils voient que parfois ce n’est pas très propre.
Pas de folies culinaires le Ramadan? Je ne pourrais pas être d’accord. Pendant la journée, les gens sont affolés de faim, et ils s’imaginent une table de ftour bien garnie. They end up avec des tas de nourriture qu’ils mangent pas, ce qui contredit un peu l’esprit du Ramadan.
Tu n’as pas essayé de bstila? Mlwi? Rfisa? Seffa?

@Aya:
I just asked for confirmation, and indeed baqqola is spinach itself.
Did you use oil? Olive oil, that is. Olive oil, squeeze a small lemon over it, salt, pepper and garlic. Yummy, that would be nice. How did you make yours?

Yes yes… that is it…
Well I made mine the same…
but I added cumin and red pepper to it. Hmm. I think I may have over loaded it with spices and dried it out…lol or perhaps i did not use enough olive oil.
I like that recipe better. I will give it a try this weekend.

[quote=Ayita78]Yes yes… that is it…
Well I made mine the same…
but I added cumin and red pepper to it. Hmm. I think I may have over loaded it with spices and dried it out…lol or perhaps i did not use enough olive oil.
I like that recipe better. I will give it a try this weekend.[/quote]
Red pepper? Oh no, you wouldn’t use red pepper with a single vegetable. It already got the natural color: green. You can’t mix up green and red. Just as you wouldn’t use red pepper with green beans. You know?
Cumin is good. Just avoid red pepper, and enjoy the garlic+olive oil taste, my favorite!