Famous Moroccans

llah y7dik = may God protects u , watches u …[/quote]
I definitely meant Allah yhdik. :slight_smile: but y7dik too i guess, mskeen

[quote=LallaAïcha]Wallen, she IS a Queen. :slight_smile:

Tafoukti have you watched Marock? Morjana is an actress in that movie.[/quote]
True that Wallen is the Queen of rnb :smiley:

Yes i’ve seen it twice and i like it :slight_smile: have u seen it?

Yeah I’ve seen it once, didn’t like it though, except for the car race scene :slight_smile: and the beauty of casa

I am not new here! I registered two years back and the person knows me very well who actually matters for me.

:slight_smile:

ok sohahm, whatever floats your boat

Sofia Marikh

(Arabic: ??? ???), also spelled Sophia El Mareekh (born October 15, 1982(1982-10-15)) is a musician and entertainer from Casablanca, Morocco.

Sophia has released her first album as a solo artist, and shot two music videos from it: Kelmet Hobb and Baheb Feek. She is currently signed with a record company called Music Is My Life.
I don’t really like her, coz she’s one of those stars who try to act lebanese and Egyptian, just coz she was the winner of Star academy bessa7 Sofia lli zwina :smiley:

Hind Laroussi Tahiri

was born on December 3, 1984 in Gouda in the Netherlands. She has a Moroccan father and a Dutch mother. Hind, who sings R&B, pop and fado, is not afraid of experimenting with different musical styles in different languages such as Arabic and Portuguese. One of her ambitions is to star in a major role in a musical.

Okay most of you won’t be able to relate to this guy, he was active back in my days… joke! He’s no CELEB, but he’s good enough to be in this thread.

Muhammad Abd al-Karim al-Khattabi (1882?–1963)

A famous fighter for Moroccan independence who led a long campaign in the 1920s against French and Spanish forces.

Amel Bent

A French singer of Algerian-Moroccan descent with a great voice & good looks :slight_smile:

Her on Camera Nojooom xD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW94LZ4bYlI[/youtube]

[q]

A famous fighter for Moroccan independence who led a long campaign in the 1920s against French and Spanish forces.[/q]

Nice to see not only sport and song people in this topic. There is a mistake in this information, in spite of what moroccan oficial history says about it: AbdlKrim fought agains the spanish and french colonial forces for the RIFAIN independece. In 1923 Rifains founded a new State: The Independent Republic of Rif. Abdelkrim was the president. It lasted some years, not much. They had constitution, flag, bank, taxes…

You can try to look for further information in Wikipedia, but please check the spanish article, that it’s more neutral and explains the historical controversy. English one is clearly pro-moroccan nationalist vision, and there is big errors like the translation of the official name:
‘Tagduda n Arif’ / ??? ??? / The Confederal Republic of the Tribes of the Rif (?)"

[quote=LallaAïcha]Okay most of you won’t be able to relate to this guy, he was active back in my days… joke! He’s no CELEB, but he’s good enough to be in this thread.

A famous fighter for Moroccan independence who led a long campaign in the 1920s against French and Spanish forces.[/quote]
Some points on this information.

1 - He’s really a CELEB!!! (but not in showbusiness, of course). He have definitively to be in this thread or we risks to belive that Morocco only produces singers and sportists. So, thanks to post it. He is largely admired all around the world, as he is considered one of the leaders on the revolution for the freedom of oprimed (colonisated) nations. He -the rifains better said- invented the guerrilla’s war.

2 - AbdlKrim fought agains the spanish and french colonial forces for the RIFAIN independece. In 1923 Rifains founded a new State: The Independent Republic of Rif. Abdelkrim was the president. It lasted some years, not much. They had constitution, flag, bank, taxes…

You can try to look for further information in Wikipedia, but please check the spanish article, that it’s more neutral and explains the historical controversy. English one is clearly pro-moroccan nationalist vision, and there is big errors like the translation of the official name:
‘Tagduda n Arif’ / ??? ??? / The Confederal Republic of the Tribes of the Rif (?)"

Thanks for the additional info a Ouazzani, I knew he was from the Rif but didn’t know that they established their own little government, I find it strange that certain people within the country try to seperate from the country itself and make their own little leadership… but ALLAH yer7amo, he and many other were brave leaders.

OneVoiZ

a Moroccan rapper in the Netherlands… he raps mainly in English and Arabic (Moroccan)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugtfFyTMgPE[/youtube]

coolio, keep em comin ppl! lol

Jamel Debbouze is a French actor, comedian and producer.

Roschdy Zem is a French actor.

I love how Jamel Debbouze speaks French :slight_smile:

Hakim

A moroccan singer, who looks exactly like Tarkan :blink: :hap:

He doesn’t have a great voice, but somehow his songs are alright… I like Poquito a Poco the moooost… youtube him guys

lol i dont know why i hate this guy :smiley:
as u said he doesnt have a great voice ( ohh maybe coz of this lol )

you don’t like him because maybe you haven’t see chico

throws up and comes back