Do You Like Halloween?

Well, pumpkins don’t!

zwina hadi…lol

zwina??? That’s disgusting.

Disgusting? come one, it’s just a pimpkin, is not bad!

For me i don’t like Halloween at all, and i don’t celebrated … I know some people disagree with me, but this is just my opinion, and everyone has a different one

But the stuff that comes out of the nose of the pumpkin and the pumpkin seed look like the pumpkin has thrown up. I prefer them roasted with a lot of salt :slight_smile: zeria baida from the 7anut.

LOL @ zrrî3a bayDâ! Not expected at all! And you get it from môl zzrrî3a by the way :D. Did you see some of these when you were in Morocco? Special mini “shops” dedicated for seeds :D…

Loubna, it’s normal that you don’t celebrate it, it’s not part of our culture.

Yes, yes I could have spend all my money there! But zrrî3a ku7la is better specially if it’s still sxuna :smiley:

We also don’t celebrate Halloween normally. In Eastern Germany the 31th of October is a holiday because it was the day the reformation started.

nuwwara,
I’ ve never seen zari3a bayda in the l7anot!!!
anyway, now you know everything comes from pumpkin’s mouth, you should stop eating seed :hah: … Just kidding

@SimplyMoroccan,
Yeah you are right!, but some moroccans celebrate Halloween every year!

[quote=nuwwara]Yes, yes I could have spend all my money there! But zrrî3a ku7la is better specially if it’s still sxuna :smiley:

We also don’t celebrate Halloween normally. In Eastern Germany the 31th of October is a holiday because it was the day the reformation started.[/quote]
LOL glad to find another zrrî3a fan. Normally, people eat zrrî3a while watching a movie, or having a chat. I’d make myself completely free to concentrate on zrrî3a, and eat a huge quantity :D… especially when it’s still skhôna indeed!

Loubna, there is some zrrî3a bayDâ f l7ânôt, the one that is sold in khnîshât (small packs). It’s yucky!
You meant Moroccans living abroad? Because in Morocco, we have our own Moroccan halloween: Bojlôd :D.

Haha. My pumpkins don’t have a mouth :na:

What’s bojlôd?

I always eat that much, that I make a big mess and my mouth, specially my lips get way to much salt.

Haha @ salt!

Bojlôd is the Moroccan equivalent of Halloween. Its timing is before l3id lkbîr (3îd l2ad7â), which means in no time. It’s not really about kids, but young guys who dress up in different customs, but mainly in sheep leather! Yes, they wear sheep leather all over themselves, and that’s where the name bojlôd (Leather Man) comes from. They walk around the streets dancing and singing. They do not knock on doors asking for trick or threat, but they do collect money. They would hold sheep feet and scare little kids with them. In some past years, some went too far, and started beating people in the street asking them for money, so they were stopped from having any bôjlôd manifestation for a couple of years (as far as I know, particularly in my area).

This is what they look like:

Er… the face of the first one doesn’t look that good, eh!

They don’t look good at all.

LOL! No! They are fun, really! I loved watching them from my home’s window. They get a LARGE crowd of kids following them in their “tour”.

SimplyMoroccan,
hhhh, long time no hear Bojlod :^^: … walakin the seed in small packs, 3amrni chaftha 3and algallay :hah:
I was talking about moroccans who lives here

@So nuwwara, what’s your pumpkins have? wdinat :rofl:

What’s gallay? Llî kay… what?
Moroccans in the USA celebrate halloween how? By giving sweets to kids who ask for them? If you ask me, I think that’s not really an issue. If you are giving little kids sweets, you don’t necessarily share the background of Halloween. You’re just making little kids happy.
Having a turkey for thanksgiving is a different story…

Matgoulich liya, makat3arfich lgalllaay??? of course likayebi3 azari3a
Yeah they celebrate Halloween every yeah … No I’m not talking about giving them (kids) candy, I don’t mind if they do that, but I was talking about the custom of Halloween!!!

What’s wdinat?

hehe, I got once this pumpkin (the first time I tried to cook pumpkin) it was really smal, looked more like a big pear and smelt at first like a melon. And :cry: the seeds were so tiny, impossible to eat them.

Wdinat means: Ears

how do you cook the pumpkin?, do you mean with couscous? or with something else?

No as a soup. I just made up something a didn’t had a recipe.

Maybe it’s the transcription, but I remember something else for ears.