"Denia hania" in english?? please!!!!!

hi everyone!!
i really really need the translation of “denia hania”. i am a half morrocan myself, but i don´t know how to translate it into proper words. i would be sooooo super-mega-ultra-thankful if someone could help me, because i need it for an article. :):):slight_smile:
-Katie

Hi Katie~

Literraly denia is life and hania means cool or quiet.

Examples:

1A: Sorry, I forgot to bring your book today.
1B: Denia hania, bring it tomorrow.

2A: Dena hania! I like to take a nap in this place.
2B: I agree that it’s a cool and a quiet place to relax.

It usually means: “no problem”, “it’s okay”, or “no big deal” like in example 1.

Or “quiet”, “cool”… like in example 2.

I hope it was quiet understood though. Just hit me up if you need anything.

welcome here Lawrence of Morocco :slight_smile:
and thanks for the explanations about “denia henia”

thank you lawrence!!! finally i can finish my article! :slight_smile:

mar7ba bîkôm Katie and Lawrence !

The word I learnt today : denia hania

Could somebody write it in arabic letters please ?

mar7ba bîkôm Katie and Lawrence !
Katie, whats ur other half?
and Laurence : well explained!!

Thanks everyone and you’re all welcome.

[right][large]??? ???[/large] :smiley:[/right]

thank you! =)
@marocrulz: well, my mum is moroccan and my dad is fro iraq, and i was born and live in austria. :slight_smile: and what about you? are you a full moroccan?

[quote=Lawrence Of Morocco]Thanks everyone and you’re all welcome.

[right][large]??? ???[/large] :smiley:[/right][/quote]
Thanks Lawrence

wooooow you’re iraqi and moroccan that’s AWESOMEEE - i’m 100% iraqi but i wish i had some moroccan in me :stuck_out_tongue:

mashAllah good explanation Lawrence :slight_smile:

[quote=Katie]thank you! =)
@marocrulz: well, my mum is moroccan and my dad is fro iraq, and i was born and live in austria. :slight_smile: and what about you? are you a full moroccan?[/quote]
Im full Moroccan!! :smiley:

I also have a friend who is half moroccan half iraqi :slight_smile:

@tukha: do you speak moroccan arabic? or have you got any connection with morocco? oh cool, you live in manchester, what is it like?
@marocRulz: full moroccan, that´s cool. oh you know someone like me? i have never ever met someone who is half iraqi and half moroccan, because that connection is sooo rare…:slight_smile:

and besides, how old are you all?

hey katiee labas 3leek??
i don’t speak moroccan arabic as a home language, no, i’m here to learn it xD
i’m just iraqi, and i have no connection with morocco apart from the fact that i love it, basically :stuck_out_tongue:
i live in manchester, yep, it’s … rainy ?? LOL but i love it, cos i’m the type of girl that loves RAIN more than SUNSHINE :slight_smile:
so manchester’s all good for me, and until recently i’d never have wanted to move away from here even for a while, but now i’m dying to get out and see the world;
first stop MOROCCO :wink:
anyway, katie, welcome to the world of speakmoroccan.com, hope you enjoy your stay, and if you ever need anything, i’m here and would love to help if i can :smiley:
oh, and i’m 17, you ??

I’m 23 and 100% Moroccan. :ok:

Why are you saying this? you’re more than welcome and you can’t be a stranger in Morocco. :wink:

awwwww thankyou lawrence, that means a lot, to be welcome - especially in morocco of all places :smiley:
i don’t feel like a stranger, here, i feel at homeee :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
but have you heard that song, by zaho, ‘étranger’ ??
it’s about non-french people [eg maghrebiens] living in france, how they feel like strangers with no identity :slight_smile:

[quote=tukha]awwwww thankyou lawrence, that means a lot, to be welcome - especially in morocco of all places :smiley:
i don’t feel like a stranger, here, i feel at homeee :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
but have you heard that song, by zaho, ‘étranger’ ??
it’s about non-french people [eg maghrebiens] living in france, how they feel like strangers with no identity :)[/quote]
ehiiiiii salam tukha! i’m italian and i’m 17 also.

wasalaaam sarahzina :slight_smile:
WOW italian :slight_smile: so you live in italy?
are you originally italian, like 100%, or are your parents from somewhere else ? xD
take careee x

heay tukha, labas bikhir alhamdullah. :smiley: and thank you!!
lol, i think rainy is really the perfect word to describe the uk. when i was in ireland(i know it´s not uk, but still…) some months ago it rained like 15 times a day!! lol, there were some sunny moments but after some minutes it was raining sooo much.
anyway, i´m 17 too. and i also am dying to see the world, i´d love to go to england sometime, but it is so dangerous, all those gangs and so on.
oh, you have to go to morocco, really. it is so different from european countries, i love it. :slight_smile: but i don´t like the weather there, it can be sooooo damn hot, like 40°C, and i´m absolutlely not the kind of person who loves the sun as my skin is pretty white. lol as i was in meknes this year my head was soooo red after only 10 minutes, lol…
but still, morocco has very beautiful places and the people there are sooo nice (compared to most europeans)…

anyway, i wouldn´t have thought that there are so many young people in this forum, that´s cool! :slight_smile:

[quote=Katie]heay tukha, labas bikhir alhamdullah. :smiley: and thank you!!
i wouldn´t have thought that there are so many young people in this forum, that´s cool! :)[/quote]
neither did i!!! i thought i was like the only one here to be so young…:mdr: i’m also diyng as you do to see the world…i’m trying to plan an ideal trip to morocco,but i think i’ll just go around and take photo to everything… :mdr: