Be Quiet !

Ok so I know dialy is “my (noun)” but how would I say, for instance “That’s mine” in darija…

Also, how would I tell someone to “be quiet” or in a nice way “shutup” in darija? And I repeat, in a NICE way, because im just too nice :hap: :stuck_out_tongue:

chukran d’avance :slight_smile:

For the first part, I think you can say “hada/hadi lchi dyali” and you can replace “lchi” with a noun, like 4 ex: had lktab dyali (= this book is mine) or hadi lwarqa dyali (= this ticket is mine)

Of course me too is waiting for correction but I really wanted to give it a go :slight_smile:

[quote=Gretchen]For the first part, I think you can say “hada/hadi lchi dyali” and you can replace “lchi” with a noun, like 4 ex: had lktab dyali (= this book is mine) or hadi lwarqa dyali (= this ticket is mine)

Of course me too is waiting for correction but I really wanted to give it a go :)[/quote]
ok , if ur not usin a name just say : hachi dyali ( not hada/hadi lchi dyali ) and yeah use it for both male n female .

about shut up … mmmmmm dunno i only know mean words looolll u can gimme a situation plz n i’ll translate it

can we translate “be quiet” as “baraka lsda3/lsoda3” cause we say it probably when we want s1 to stop making noise…or “baraka lhadra” (stop talking) ?! :unsure:

“baraka mn sda3” the teacher says to her students
or "baraka mn lhdra "

Keep quite is simply skot / sokti.
A less polite way: Sadd 3lia hadak dargoum lollll That’s not too mean, right Madridista?

[quote=Darija-Lover]Keep quite is simply skot / sokti.
A less polite way: Sadd 3lia hadak dargoum lollll That’s not too mean, right Madridista?[/quote]
:open_mouth: no no no not mean , just try to say it to me and i’ll break ur neck :stuck_out_tongue:

ps- konti mechdouda :stuck_out_tongue: 3ad tel9ouk

Shut doqmak! —> works fine if you overwhelm your opponent :slight_smile: You wold look powerful, LA :fouet: :fouet:

ok ppl the one ouazzani said is only valid in the north of morocco , pay attention to that
we dont say do9mak in the center of morocco :slight_smile:

Oh, it’s true!

I also know another one, not exactly in the same context, but it works fine too: 3wwd n-k***K

It’s also chemali?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh ouazzani :no: who the hell taught u darija looollll
no this one doesnt mean shut up ( well sometimes yes ) … but its close translation is ‘’ mind ur business’’
in a dirty way ofcourse :wink:

Same structure to say “Go away”: jma3 k*****…

Melli shi wa7id kaiswwalli “fein katqra ntina l3arabia dianna?” Ana diman kanqul nefs jawd: f-zanqa, taba3an. Makeinchi ljamia3 aHssen 3la l zanqa. Kulchi temma. :slight_smile:

yes true … but pay attention that ur not in spain … u cant say mean words to everybody loooll

:slight_smile: There is always some good soul like LA to remember it to me:

Itaqillah!
God baSarek!

loooooolll in this case its me who remembers u those mean words :stuck_out_tongue:

You pretend to be a good boy? Are you saying that you could be at the same level of goodnes than LA? (long silence here) :no:

duuuude u dont know LA :stuck_out_tongue:
di maya men ta7ti tebn ====> thats for Gret

Yeah, true. Mybe she’s the devil in disguise… But why i would have to be suspicious? Noooooooo… she looks fine to me. :kiss: (She will not like that).

ahahhahahahahhahahahahha ok ok ok i c ur plans
be careful duuuude LA is a gangstah looolll she shows her love diferently hhhhhhhhhhh

[quote=Madridista]duuuude u dont know LA :stuck_out_tongue:
di maya men ta7ti tebn ====> thats for Gret[/quote]
Gret!!! :huh: