Are you an American who is willing to learn Darija

Hi.
i am Kamal from Morocco, Agadir. and i am looking for someone who is a native American who wants to learn Moroccan Arabic - darija - or Amazigh language ( Sous variety ( , and who is ready to practice English with for about half an hour or one hour per day…

it does not matter how old are you or what sex are you , this is my email if you want to contact me formshml@hotmail.com
and this is my blog that i will use to post lessons and materials for teaching Darija…
http://speakdarija.blogspot.com/

wish you the best
Sam Kamal

I am an American, in need of Learning Moroccan Arabic.

1 Like

Hi I tried to email you but the mail was never delivered so maybe there’s something wrong with your hotmail?

1 Like

Yes I am American and wish to learn Arabic and Moroccan Arabic. Please email me if I can help you with English and you can help me.

1 Like

Hi, Kamal! I have been studying Moroccan Darija for a little over a year and would love to continue with someone who can answer my specific questions and teach me more about grammar and usage… I am actually an ESL teacher in the United States, on summer vacation now. So, it would be easy to coach you with English at any level!

Here is my question… I’ve learned most of my Moroccan from “Rabat” people-- hehe. Will the words from Agadir be mostly similar, or will they have a difficult time understanding me?! :slight_smile:

Bslama!

1 Like

@Emily - Interesting career. Are you enjoying your time teaching in Rabat? I’m a little jealous as I do miss being in there.

I would be interested in a Darija-English exchange as well.

Salam, sahir1! I’m actually not in Rabat right now, though I wish I were!! I am in the US, just relaxing on vacation from work! :slight_smile: I LOVE my job, as my students are SOOO excited to learn English. Most of them are Spanish speaking, which I speak fluently-- so the Spanish has been helping me in the “learn-Moroccan” department!! Hehe. A few of my kiddos speak and read Arabic and they think it’s a blast to help me read Arabic!! Good Times!

You’re from Rabat? I was there two years ago-- feels like FOREVER!! How long since you’ve visited? I’ll GUARANTEE your guys’ English is much more advanced than my Moroccan, but I’m glad to participate!!!

1 Like

[quote=emily_hahn]Hi, Kamal! I have been studying Moroccan Darija for a little over a year and would love to continue with someone who can answer my specific questions and teach me more about grammar and usage… I am actually an ESL teacher in the United States, on summer vacation now. So, it would be easy to coach you with English at any level!

Here is my question… I’ve learned most of my Moroccan from “Rabat” people-- hehe. Will the words from Agadir be mostly similar, or will they have a difficult time understanding me?! :slight_smile:

Bslama![/quote]
Hi Emily
I am sam kamal i am soryy for not answering you quickly
there is no much deference between the way we speak in Agadir and the way the people in Rabat speak.
there would be no diffficulty understanding Rabat peaple if you learn from someone from Agadir and vise-versa.

I am an american, needing to learn moroccan! Please contact me if you can help! I can help with English!

1 Like

Hello, darija in Rabat is slightly different than agadir. However, when you speak Darija most of Moroccan people will understand you

I am from london i would like to learn darijia i just got back from Morocco and more interested in learning to speak darijia,