Ana jedida hna

Halo, Labas Alikum?
I’m married to a Moroccan 14 years now and have picked up all of the darija I know by ear, no formal studies.
I live in America but have been around Moroccan enough that I understand 90% of conversation and am able to converse quite comfortably.
My problem is grammar. I am looking to improve my grammar. Where on this forum would be best to improve it? My comprehension and vocab is at an intermediate/advanced level. I look forward to any suggestions.

Shoukran bazzaf, etmenaw n’3allem darija sahiha. :slight_smile:

mer7ba bik a Salyma, smitek zwina bzzef wellah :slight_smile:

Welcome on board, here we have many darija learners (who, by the way are no where near your level of proficiency), however we also have great teachers too who will be very helpful. We have the Translations section where you can get stuff translated from either english to darija or darija to english, whatever floats your boat. You can ask as many questions as you like, relating to grammar or anything else that you’d like help in, and our natives will give you a hand nchallah.

See you around,
Have fun!
:smiley:

Salam Lalla Aicha Allah y’barik fina ou sahal allina. Ameen
I can’t wait to improve so I won’t make silly mistakes anymore with my conjugations and to roll through conversations and develop a rhythm of conversation. Does that make sense? I may understand darija, but I don’t have the ryhthm down yet, you know I’ll listen to l’aylat going back & forth and its almost melodic how certain phrases always have certain corresponding responses. My big goal is to eventually also learn fusha for reciting the Quran properly and then maybe one day learn tashelhait.

Shweeya b sheeya InshaAllah

Totally agree!!! listening to a Moroccan conversation is like listening to an awesome beat, i love it!! and you’re right, it’s so melodious, to me it’s better than listening to my favourite track :slight_smile: inshallah we’ll get there someday…

[quote=Salyma]My big goal is to eventually also learn fusha for reciting the Quran properly and then maybe one day learn tashelhait.

Shweeya b sheeya InshaAllah[/quote]
inshallah!!! 7ta ana nt3allem chwia bchwia, Rabbi y3wn :slight_smile:

we also have a tachel7it thread here so you can explore that too when you have time :slight_smile: we don’t have as much action going on there, so bare with us, though we do have a few members who speak tachel7it.

Shukran Lalla Aicha. “N’shufek” hena InshaAllah. I’m just gonna spend some time getting familiar.
Wash fakri ana hessni a’nebdaw min lawal fee lessons just to be safe?

Hi, Salyma ! I m Touta :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you… I m sure you ll enjoy our company :slight_smile:

See you around :wink:

Salam a Salyma :smiley: I’m Mimi!

I had just read your post and wanted to welcome you too :wink:

I, myself, is working on my darija since it’s quite a bit rusty
I also understand 90% of what i hear just like you, except my vocabulary isn’t as advanced as yours :stuck_out_tongue:
You make me look bad, me being Moroccan and all…haha

Well i hope to see you around, you never know, you may need to help me at times (:

Salam Mimi ou Touta,

Kaydayrin? Kolshi Labas? Saha Labas? I am sure we can all learn from each other InshaAllah. :slight_smile: Is there some kind of test at the end of these lessons to see wash ana kessoula awla mushtahida? I look forward to “seein” you around here.

Time to go get ready for jumuaa, beslama :slight_smile:

[quote=Salyma]Shukran Lalla Aicha. “N’shufek” hena InshaAllah. I’m just gonna spend some time getting familiar.
Wash fakri ana hessni a’nebdaw min lawal fee lessons just to be safe?[/quote]
nshallah :slight_smile:
we have a lot of lessons floating around in the forum, check out this section :slight_smile:

w hoping to see u here often bzzzaaaaf :slight_smile:

[quote=Salyma]Salam Mimi ou Touta,

Kaydayrin? Kolshi Labas? Saha Labas? I am sure we can all learn from each other InshaAllah. :)[/quote]
labas lhamdoulah ya Salyma! kolchi bekhir :slight_smile: w inti?
& that’s why we’re here, to learn from each other :wink:

i learn something new everyday here!!!

Mre7ba Saly, Dar darek!

Mer7ba bik!

make urself @ home sweetheart

see you around
tc