Also new here...

Hi all,

trying my best to learn Darija I discovered this website.

It’s simply great what you are doing here, I appreciate it very much!!
I will come back more often in the future - all the exercises and translations are really helpful for practising a little bit.

By the way, I’m a German woman and I speak french as well.
This year I was in Morokko for my second time, and again I loved the country and the people.
I hope to get there again as soon as possible…

So far, bslama, Xsara

Mr7ba bîk hna Xsara! :slight_smile:
Where did you travel in Morocco?

Hi Halima,

how do you reply to “Mr7ba bîk”? Shukran?
I did a two weeks round trip: Oualidia, Safi, Essouira, Marrakesh, Ouarouazate, Merzouga, Fes, Meknes, Beni Mellal, Casablanca…
It was sooooo great!!!

Welcome to the forum!
Hope u enjoy :smiley:
take care.

Thanks for your welcome. But don’t be astonished: I’m leaving for holidays right now :slight_smile:
I will be back within two weeks.
Hopefully I will have time to study Moroccan a little bit.

CU, ou bien, A+
Xsara

[quote=Xsara]Hi Halima,

how do you reply to “Mr7ba bîk”? Shukran?
I did a two weeks round trip: Oualidia, Safi, Essouira, Marrakesh, Ouarouazate, Merzouga, Fes, Meknes, Beni Mellal, Casablanca…
It was sooooo great!!![/quote]
Wow, you travelled a lot! There are a lot of stopping points in two weeks! Didn’t you a little bit tired after such a trip?

Welcome ot the forum Xsara, I hope that you’ll find it pretty helpful.
You respond to “mr7bâ bîk” saying “Bâraka Allahu fîk” = God bless you. It’s pronounced as: Barakllahu fîk.
Are you going to Morocco for these 2 weeks?

@ Elise:
Is Halima your new name? :smiley:

I would really love it become my new name! :ok:
Abdu, our friend from Azilal, was given that name to me, telling me that now I’m a member of his family. I was with him, in the middle of his family : wife, children, mother and father… And he offered me that name, “Halima”, with all his kindness and his generosity… I’m inflaming but it was a very emotional moment for me, such as I’ve rarely known it.
Anyway, everybody there call me like that now! And I adore that name! :smiley:

And do you know what it means?

I’m not sure. I believe remember that Abdu told me that Halima means any woman who like to take care of the others, who is attentive to the others.
It’s very nice :slight_smile:

mar7ba bik Xsara ! :welcome:

[quote=elise_m]I’m not sure. I believe remember that Abdu told me that Halima means any woman who like to take care of the others, who is attentive to the others.
It’s very nice :)[/quote]
Actually, Halima means patient :D. That’s your new nickname: Patient!

Back from holidays!
“Bâraka Allahu fîk” to all your welcomes (thanks, SM).
@Halima: no, it wasn’t too stressing, my trip to Maroc, it was simply great. Many places to go there again with more time…
But I also had the occasion to spend a couple of evenings with local people, including several invitations for lunch or dinner in a familiy, that was the best part of it!!!
@SM: No, this time I’ve been on a sailing trip surrounding Corsica :slight_smile:
But I’ve still 18 days of vacations left this year, we will see if I will get the chance to go to Morocco again…

CU in the forums, thanks for this website, w Bslama, Xsara

[quote=SimplyMoroccan][quote=elise_m]I’m not sure. I believe remember that Abdu told me that Halima means any woman who like to take care of the others, who is attentive to the others.
It’s very nice :)[/quote]
Actually, Halima means patient :D. That’s your new nickname: Patient!

[/quote]
:blink:
for someone like me who always says here that I’m impatient, it’s pretty funny and ironic… :smiley:

Mr7ba bîk Xsara