Aladdin pants.... iyyeh wla oho? :)

I see girls left right and centre wearing these pants, just wondering if it’s the same in Morocco… and everywhere else for members who aren’t in Morocco… do girls walk around in these?

I recently bought my own pair, though… i’d be so embarrassed to walk out in them

They’re called Aladdin/Harem pants.

The pants in the first pictures, just appeared recently in the north, the past August when i was in Asilah, i noticed that a lot of boys (boys not girls) are wearing them, then once at the markets i found them for sale by masses, then i realized that it’s a new hit…

yeah, they’re so popular now, they fit with boys, & it’s normal to see guys walking with them in street…(still talkin about the north), they go with it to the mosque too.

LOL, i would never expect guys to be wearing it… though when i was back in turkey i saw old men wearing it (obviously not pink or purple, but dark colours) and generally they were villagers… its called a shalvar (shalwar), old women wear it too… but only in the village

so you haven’t seen girls wearing it? has anyone else?

lool
yeah I know this pants :wink:
I have never seen girls or guys wearing it in Morocco… Maybe just I didnt notice. I donno… Because if I want to know what they wear there I pay more attention to a traditional clothes… because I can see european style in my city alot :slight_smile:
But in my city many of young people wear it… Not now, in the warm weather just.
Sometimes it seems funny a little bit but really nobody cares what are you wearing…
Of course we havent so much bright colored cloth coz of cold weather… people usually wear black, grey… Maybe in summer they try to wear clothes of different colors.
And I saw jeans this kind. It’s more popular really and looks better in our streets :wink:

Of course these pants nobody wear to a work looool

How do u know ? Aladdin used to do :ze:

:^^:

:wink:

haaaaaa… Aladdin didn’t work in the office lool

loollll not just Aladdin, Jasmine wore them too :wink:

I know many girls who uses to wear it since maaaaaaaaany years ago… in Spain. Here in Morocco are like some traditional ones used in jbala, but are men who wears it.

yes as ouazz said … here in spain girls wore them a long time ago , now i think they r an oldfashion , since i dont c many ppl with it
and yes ouazz , its a traditional one in morocco its called serwal 9endrissi or 9endrissa

aha thanks guys

i received my black pair of Aladdin pants, they’re so comfy lol

i saw some girls wearing serwal kbir in morocco…both european and fashionable rich casawiyat…that was summer 08…definitely fashionable @ that time…they fit in between dressed up and casual i would say in this context…

did u end up going again like u planned?

no i couldnt :/…tickets were 2 expensif…still needing to go tehre soon though

i can relate to that, hip pocket nerve :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

Ach, how expensive? Give a number. JFI.

LA, the pants on the first picture are funny to me. As you were told, they are called serwal qondrissi, and man wear them mainly with traditional cloths. And they are mainly white, beige, yellow, grey, black or any of those manly colors.

For the second pants, those are more common. I see girls wearing them. They are not too weird, but not my kind of thing.

Are you going to wear yours outside? Is it a trend in Ostralya now?

DL, i already said that i find it embarrassing to wear outside, so no khty i wouldn’t have the guts, but when i go for walks or jogs around my neighbourhood i wouldn’t mind wearing it, as long as noone sees me in it :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah i see lots of girls wearing it, hijabi and non-hijabi… my neighbour wears it all the time, and i tell her she looks funny, but she likes it :slight_smile:

You said you WOULD be, but I thought that after hearing from all of us, you COULD have been less embarrassed to try them out.
You neighbour got the gutz, and you got nonez.

LOLLLL don’t make me explain what else my neighbour has the guts to do, you’ll eeeeeek :stuck_out_tongue:

well no matter what anyone says about them, i DID take a look in the mirror with them, and they look hilarious, but “wellah” they’re soooo comfortable i can’t explain.

[quote=Darija-Lover]Ach, how expensive? Give a number. JFI.

LA, the pants on the first picture are funny to me. As you were told, they are called serwal qondrissi, and man wear them mainly with traditional cloths. And they are mainly white, beige, yellow, grey, black or any of those manly colors.[/quote]
no :no: they’re not the same, that’s no srwal 9andresi