when/what/ seems to ?

1- The word “when” as a linking word, how is it said in Darija? For example: “When she was young, she wanted to be a doctor”, does we still use “wqtach”?

2- The same for what? And trying to say “I’m not sure what to do”, is it right “machi wtqa/mt2kda ach ndeer” ?

3- How to say “It seems” in Darija? For ex: “It seems it’s going to rain”.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1- The word “when” as a linking word, how is it said in Darija? For example: “When she was young, she wanted to be a doctor”, does we still use “wqtach”?
=======> ‘’ fach ‘’ kant sghira , kant bagha tkoun tbiba

2- The same for what? And trying to say “I’m not sure what to do”, is it right “machi wtqa/mt2kda ach ndeer” ?
=======> well done
3- How to say “It seems” in Darija? For ex: “It seems it’s going to rain”.
=======> bayn ‘‘b7al ila’’ ( or b7alla) ghadi te7 chta

sistahhh is it because you’re amazing at coming up with questions or is it because you’re writing an essay in darija???

chukran bzaaaf, AGAIN :hap:

[quote=Madridista]1- The word “when” as a linking word, how is it said in Darija? For example: “When she was young, she wanted to be a doctor”, does we still use “wqtach”?
=======> ‘’ fach ‘’ kant sghira , kant bagha tkoun tbiba[/quote]
Also melli in north: melli hwa sghir mcha n fransa.

yes i forgot that one : melli kant sghira , kant bagha tkoun tbiba

melli = men li , with time it became melli :smiley:

Mad,
Thanks alot for the answer, but what “te7 chta”, does it all mean “to rain” or what?

Aicha,
lol :smiley: Sometimes I start to think or form sentences in darija and then I find some obstacles from where my questions come :slight_smile:

Ouazzani,
Thanks alot for the other word :slight_smile: and for reminding Mad cause nowadays he started to forget alot :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Gretchen]Ouazzani,
Thanks alot for the other word :slight_smile: and for reminding Mad cause nowadays he started to forget alot :P[/quote]
Oh, poor Mad… is not this… he is working soooooooo hard… Is just that I learned in north, so I know that what Mad answered is the common darija (now casawi is the common, because of the television). What I’ve learned could be used only in a city, mybe only some persons -those who uses to speak with me- use it.

And TaH shta means literaly: fell/fall rain

merci Ouazzani.
so when I want to say: There’s been no rain for weeks =
“hadi simanat w mkynach shta” or “hadi simanat w mat7tch shta” ?

merci Ouazzani.
so when I want to say: There’s been no rain for weeks =
“hadi simanat w mkynach shta” or “hadi simanat w mat7tch shta” ?[/quote]
hadi simanat w mkynach shta" or "hadi simanat w mat7tch shta

The two forms are right. But I’m not completely sure about the grammar of the complet sentences

Some other examples I’m completly sure are right:

3mmar chtaH ma ka-TTiH? (It never rains?)

TaHat ech-chta Hatta ddda l-ma n el-ma (it rained a looooooooot)

Today is a rainy day in Tanja. And yesterday TaHat ech-chta Hatta ddda l-ma n el-ma

ah, ok Ouaz. Thank you :slight_smile:
but they’re only chamali, or used all over?

lol ok ok im so sorry … i was busy a lil bit these days coz of studies … this is why i forget a lot

im gonna start with ouazz sentences :

3mmar chtaH ma ka-TTiH? (It never rains?)

TaHat ech-chta Hatta ddda l-ma n el-ma (it rained a looooooooot)

=== > well they r good but im gonna adapt them to my darija …
3mer chta mata7t
it rained a lot in my darija is : ta7t chta khit mn sma or ta7t chta b stola

now Gigi’s ones :

hadi simanat w mkynach shta" or "hadi simanat w mat7tch shta

the 1st one is great … only one thing try not to use ‘‘simanat’’ alone … say hadi bzaf d simanat
the 2nd : hadi bzaf d simanat mata7t chta ( ch of mata7tch and ch of chta dont sound good so we take off the first one )

and yeah in both sentences dont use that “W” coz in d original sentence in english there is no ‘‘and’’

Thank you Mad,

& yeah for those who may not know this: if you would say “for+time” or “time+ago”, use: hadi+time+w+the rest of the sentence, 4 ex: hadi 3ameen w howa ghayeb = He’s been away for two years.

[s7 mine?]

true

nice lesson i like this one very helpful!!!

mad one question if you see this so it says on your signature meghribi ta3 lmout…ta3 is for until yak? i always thought it was tal? is it just my bad hearing or is it said or written that way too wchoukran

amf9

[quote=achminfar9]is it just my bad hearing or is it said or written that way too wchoukran

amf9[/quote]
Ta3 = dyal = of / belongs to / regarding (sth)

ta3 has nth to do with tal.

tal (7tta l) = till, until

[quote=Paperbird][quote=achminfar9]is it just my bad hearing or is it said or written that way too wchoukran

amf9[/quote]
Ta3 = dyal = of / belongs to / regarding (sth)

ta3 has nth to do with tal.

tal (7tta l) = till, until[/quote]
word! so…how would you translate mad’s signature then? bc if [quote]Ta3 = dyal[/quote]
i guess moroccan of death or moroccan belonging to death doesnt make sense to me i guess?

“Moroccan of death” would be the right one. it somehow makes a Moroccan sense, but about a literar one…! no idea, but it means sth, i man it doesn’t sound meanigless…

so hes tryna be tough or scary?? or what is the connotation lol…i thought this whole time he was tryna say maghribi until i die…common english phrase obviously meaning you love being maghribi or whatever…