what does gouloulha el moumarida mean (song)

&& :

• Ma rdatche?
  • nsib or nsiba?
  • 3adra drifa

goulou liha means “tell her” -i assume- but many people are being addressed here, so its telling a group of people to “tell her”

example: isma3 = you’re saying to one person “listen!”
sm3ou = you’re telling a group of people to “listen!”

el moumarrida = the nurse

nasib/nasiba - fate/destiny/what’s written for someone by the creator

if you tell someone that they are your nasib/nasiba, it generally means in terms of marriage, as in that person is your written partner that you’re meant to be with.

also, when something happens that is outside the will of a person, they generally respond with “it’s nasib”

hope that makes things clearer, sorry for the numerous posts, i just thought of extra stuff after i wrote the above ones so i thought i’ll add on. :slight_smile:

I think nsib / nsiba can also mean in-laws (m. / f.) as in father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law

oh i didn’t know that, thanks lise_c :slight_smile:

[quote=LallaAïcha]nasib/nasiba - fate/destiny/what’s written for someone by the creator

if you tell someone that they are your nasib/nasiba, it generally means in terms of marriage, as in that person is your written partner that you’re meant to be with.[/quote]
Good guess, but that’s in a middle eastern context. In Morocco, nsib means son-in-law, and even father-in-law I guess. I am not sure of the latter. But it definitely means son-in-law, and nsiba is daughter-in-law. There is a series on Moroccan TV this Ramadan called nsib el 7aj 3azzouz. I hate it.

And I didn’t see the last posts. Agreed with lise.

[quote=FREAK]&& :

• Ma rdatche?

• nsib or nsiba?

• 3adra drifa[/quote]

• Ma rdatche, she didn’t accept the results of a competition or game, or she was embarrassed by something.

• 3adra drifa… I don’t know what it means, but drifa means nice.

OK thanks peeps for clearing that up. I learn something new everyday on this wonderful forum :okay:

:rofl: nobody watch that S** especially where there’s Nassiry :fouet: add me to you :wink:

yes you’re right about nsib/nsiba, for the fate we say nasib (no feminin)

3adra can mean “vergin” , if it was hadra, its’ talk/words

PB, you’re cursing on such a blessed day. tut tut